• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASH deleted all of my desktop files?

Raqib12

Smash Rookie
I ran the step 1 bat file, and everything on my desktop got deleted, including ASH itself.

Can anyone explain to me what just happened, and if I can reverse this anyway...?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Thats because you made a dumb move and had the ASH files on your desktop. When you ran Step 1, it deleted all the folders and links because thats what it does. IE< you have no desktop.

Thats why they say create your own folder for it.

Raqib12

Smash Rookie
Thats because you made a dumb move and had the ASH files on your desktop. When you ran Step 1, it deleted all the folders and links because thats what it does. IE< you have no desktop.

Thats why they say create your own folder for it.
It was in a folder, "ASH v23"

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Holy ****. This same thing happened to me, and I couldn't figure out why my computer decided to randomly delete a lot of semi-important files.

The readme says:

3. How to use ASH

1. Extract ASH in any folder, be sure to have a clean path.
(example: C:\smash_hack\)

2. Place TexConv.exe and ntcompress.exe on the same folder.

3. Extract the character you want to modify with WiiScrubber 1.21.
They are .PAC files placed on PARTITION 2/Data/Fighter
(example: PARTITION 2/Data/Fighter/luigi/FitLuigi01.pac)

4. Run step1_extract.bat and type the .PAC file you extracted.
(example: FitLuigi01.pac)

I didn't really know what a "clean path" was, but I figured "any" folder could include the desktop. Didn't see any mention of it's deleterious function. Oh well.

D

Deleted member

So it wasn't a virus! I can keep stuff on my desktop without it being deleted again.

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
It was?? Then you likely have a messed up Step1.pl

Because that should not happen, unless of course if the Step1.pl is glitched so its running SSBExtract through its default place and not the current folder.
The possibilities are endless. Who knows, maybe there is another reason behind this.

So it wasn't a virus! I can keep stuff on my desktop without it being deleted again.
Obviously not. If it was a virus, we would've been informed about this earlier. This is all just a coincidence.

D

Deleted member

The possibilities are endless. Who knows, maybe there is another reason behind this.

Obviously not. If it was a virus, we would've been informed about this earlier. This is all just a coincidence.
I didn't mean a virus on ASH, I meant a random virus on my PC, which my AV could not find.

Top Bottom