• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Clearly you missed the foul call on the free kick when there shouldn't have been a foul call. US scored off of that. That ref the entire game was just bad. Who sticks a rookie ref into the World Cup? US got robbed of the win.

And this is why Soccer can piss me off sometimes. People flop or flail their arms, and the ref blows the whistle on them. They should seriously consider giving calls to people for flopping.

Edit: LOL ENGLAND! GET OUT!
ugh dont start on that again, was at work (restaurant/rub) and everyone was watching the game on the big screen in the bar, it was hell to have to deal with them all after such a crappy game, its ok, you beat algeria, we beat slovenia and both teams go through.
and yes: this is the one reason i dont really like watching football, people fall over and get a foul, its rare that its genuine.
if you want to see some good football, go watch leeds vs. arsenal FA cup final 1972 (probably on youtube) this was called the dirtiest game of football in history, ive seen it, its actually pretty cool most of the time.

and my favourite form of getting of the platofrm is to retreat (preferably to the centre of the stage) a short hopped fair, because if you go from platform to floor it autocancels as if it was a full hopped fair. it tends to work quite well and if they decided they want to try and punish the landing lag they eat your left fist and a fair bit of damage. of course this is al assumnig they havent already hit you

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Head-bleeding sounds not fun.
I second this opinion. Head-bleeding is not something that I would like to do at this particular moment in time. Perhaps if I were suffering horribly and head-bleeding would ease my passing, then I would condone it. But not now. Not like this.

:034:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Bored's the warhead here.

I want to go to Dallas and win it all. I'm enlisting in Contra Hard Corps for the ultimate training.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
punch. 4%
I secretly secondary Jiggs as well. I hear she goes even with MK...

/trollface
kick. 4%
Actually I just went to the Jiggs forums to look up matchup ratios and discussion and they make Puff sound pretty legit...

Too bad I've never ever seen a Jiggly in action D;

*spends the next half hour in the Jiggly video thread*
sword slam. 8%
Yeah that's what I do too basically. It's really not too hard of a motion, just practice it. I don't think tap jump would get you anymore of an efficient nairhop really. But yeah, it's a very useful mixup. People, normally shorter ranged characters, are usually not in the position to punish a ledge hop nair because of their fear of aether.

Triple post comboooo

if you look at it right, these posts look like ikes jab combo. its maddd funny.

and for the record, I will money match legan again for any amount of money, he knows ill give him the business.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
punch. 4%

kick. 4%
sword slam. 8%

if you look at it right, these posts look like ikes jab combo. its maddd funny.

and for the record, I will money match legan again for any amount of money, he knows ill give him the business.
...you tripping balls?
but yeah, jiggly can be annoying to fight if you cant space

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Who else is loling at ADHD's hissy fit topic? I just finally bothered to check back on it: the moment he gets called out on his "Ike being Godly in 2-frames of lag" comment by several people, he instantly never refers back to it because it would destroy most of his argument.

Someone with a better rep than me quote the Ike posts, and call him out on being too scared to accept the fact he shot himself in the foot with that statement. I wanna see his response, but I'm fairly sure he'd just ignore me. He only looks at comments he can spin in his favor, unless it's from someone well known.

hey guys got back from the tourney and i sucked it up with ike. Beat the crap out of samus but i lost to falcon. I was beating them pretty bad on all their lives but couldn't get the kill. My first match I was not killing until over 200 each life. I usually kill with bair but standing and jumping near someone with ike is telegraphed as hell. I was wondering what are the best reliable ways to kill with ike.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Who else is loling at ADHD's hissy fit topic? I just finally bothered to check back on it: the moment he gets called out on his "Ike being Godly in 2-frames of lag" comment by several people, he instantly never refers back to it because it would destroy most of his argument.
I was on ADHD's side but I had to opt out. Getting hit by like 6 DK punches I couldn't block, falco lazers I couldn't power shield, falco dair I couldn't SDI, tech, or buffer double jump, and olimar (nuff said), and random up airs I couldn't air dodge at the last split moment.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah... when ADHD brought up Ike being 'godly' in lag and people started agreeing I just stopped following that thread. Immediate loss of credibility FTL.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It's actually

Jab -> 4%
Kick -> 5%
Sword -> 7%

Isn't it?

Edit: I just looked and saw I'm online with a bunch of chronic lurkers.
I need to buy some bait for next time this occasion arises.

pinoymk

Smash Rookie
hey guys got back from the tourney and i sucked it up with ike. Beat the crap out of samus but i lost to falcon. I was beating them pretty bad on all their lives but couldn't get the kill. My first match I was not killing until over 200 each life. I usually kill with bair but standing and jumping near someone with ike is telegraphed as hell. I was wondering what are the best reliable ways to kill with ike.
Other than bair, fresh fair or reversed upsmash imo. Uair can kill quickly if u punish airdodge.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Funny stuff was happening last night and the night before. I gotta get that stuff up on youtube posthaste.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
lol, adhd wifi raging again?
people need to stop thinknig wifi can be done jsut like offline
Actually it was about TV lag at MLG. Apparently the 2 frames of input lag were giving San's Ike superhuman powers while brutally nerfing all the high tier characters.

/johnmore

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Actually it was about TV lag at MLG. Apparently the 2 frames of input lag were giving San's Ike superhuman powers while brutally nerfing all the high tier characters.

/johnmore

christ, that was a john worthy of k.mac...someone jsut needs to respect the ike

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Aren't all the TVs at MLG CRTs? There shouldn't be any lag problems right?

Edit: Wifi PoV, I hate it mainly cause it's wifi + HDTV for me. I used to have my wii hooked up to a CRT, but when I had Verizon FIOS set up, the installer took the Wii, and put the wires through the wall and into my HDTV. If I knew how to get it out, I would =/.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Aren't all the TVs at MLG CRTs? There shouldn't be any lag problems right?

Edit: Wifi PoV, I hate it mainly cause it's wifi + HDTV for me. I used to have my wii hooked up to a CRT, but when I had Verizon FIOS set up, the installer took the Wii, and put the wires through the wall and into my HDTV. If I knew how to get it out, I would =/.
****, so you have like, permament lag in brawl?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I can always buy this thing (I don't know what it's called), that is supposed to eliminate the lag from an HDTV, but other then that, it's permanent lag lol.

That's why most of my smash practice comes from smashfests, and tournies, because I don't have to bother with stupid lag.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I can always buy this thing (I don't know what it's called), that is supposed to eliminate the lag from an HDTV, but other then that, it's permanent lag lol.

That's why most of my smash practice comes from smashfests, and tournies, because I don't have to bother with stupid lag.
yeah, ive seen the thing you can buy, tbh ill jsut use my cheap *** non-hd tv XP. but its like only 5 quid or sumthing to buy so its probably worth it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I wouldnt say godly, but I do think it buffs him pretty well and can I get a link to this hissy fit?
His "BAAAAAAAAW, MLG HOST BAD TOURNAMENTS BECAUSE THEIR NEUTRAL SELECTION PUTS MY CHARACTER BACK IN HIS PLACE AND 2 FRAMES OF LAG MEANS LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE PLACED WELL DID PLACE WELL AND IT'S THE ONLY REASON THEY PLACED WELL AND COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE THE FACT THEY ARE SIMPLY THAT GOOD!" under MLG tournaments.

And any lag hurts Ike more than helps him. Seeing a top player claim that's the only reason an Ike placed well is just...ugh. Makes me wish this board was a bit more organized so we could all call him out on it...at the exact same time. Watch him break down a bit.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
As long as I play as well as I did in the MLG hotel rooms, I'm still okay, I suppose.

I'm still surprised how much I ended up complaining about lag at Columbus compared to Orlando. Probably because I only had 2 difficult matches, while the rest were pretty easy. Oh well, I came to Columbus expecting the TVs, and didn't really suggest any alternatives.

I really need to get my practice up ~ once every 3 weeks or so, but I don't feel like spending $40 for a bus to the nearest city, and the smashfests in my own keep getting canceled.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
As long as I play as well as I did in the MLG hotel rooms, I'm still okay, I suppose.

I'm still surprised how much I ended up complaining about lag at Columbus compared to Orlando. Probably because I only had 2 difficult matches, while the rest were pretty easy. Oh well, I came to Columbus expecting the TVs, and didn't really suggest any alternatives.

I really need to get my practice up ~ once every 3 weeks or so, but I don't feel like spending $40 for a bus to the nearest city, and the smashfests in my own keep getting canceled.
The only thing I can do, since there is no local tourneys in Savannah anymore, is to play my bro and play online. Although it sucks playing online, I still get a experience playing good people. Your not alone, it kinda does suck :ohwell:

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
At least you guys get to play the game (you lost). I have to get myself a new Wii because my dad refuses to send it in for repairs. I'll have to transfer all the data I have through an SD card(except brawl since I know that can't be transferred via SD card). Any other way to transfer data?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If you hack your wii, you can just get eveything unlocked or you can still transer Brawl data using this app that allows you to save/load any save data.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion

Do you have classes in the summer? If not come down to NYC for a week, crash here and you can practice with the NY/NJ scene.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
At least you guys get to play the game (you lost). I have to get myself a new Wii because my dad refuses to send it in for repairs. I'll have to transfer all the data I have through an SD card(except brawl since I know that can't be transferred via SD card). Any other way to transfer data?
Also, if you have an external had drive or a big USB Drive, get USB loader for homebrew, and put games onto your USB/External. No more disc reading.

Edit: Was doing some wifi against a Snake main, and he did pretty well for himself on Pictochat o_o. Some examples I remember are him camping with grenades when the fire balls on stage appeared, or roller coaster thing. Also, you can completely disguise the C4 there, so you really have to remember where it is at all times. There's some other gay stuff he can do there, but I guess it's a possible CP for Snake.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

You should move to Texas. I'm pretty sure they have some good smashfests going on down there.

When I come back to the boards, I'm gonna link you to some crazy stuff in brawl.

But here's a little appetizer for now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcj23MCOyqY

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've never hacked my Wii because I don't want to destroy it. Does using Homebrew do any of that?
If you stick to just using it for Brawl+/- or other Brawl mods, you shouldn't damage your Wii.

Just to clarify something: I know that some of you guys like RC as a counterpick. Is that just against certain characters (like Falco), or do you think that's a good Ike stage in general?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Getting Homebrew has no negative effects as long as you do it right and get the right applications for it. I was worried about the same thing at first but I've had Homebrew for months now and I haven't had a single problem with anything.

Also, nice TAS Mr. Doom, maybe you can uncover some frame-perfect Ike combos with that.

@Metroid: I personally don't mind RC... but I still think Ike has more disadvantages there than advantages. There are certainly some parts of the stage that benefit him in most match-ups (particularly the upper, side-scrolling part), but his linear recovery makes the part going up very hazardous in a lot of match-ups.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
lulz @ Ike's awesome linear recovery in RC.
Okay, but first I'll prioritize transferring stuff I got from spending Wii Points, which are several songs for GH:WT and Super Mario RPG. After that, I'll try to convince my dad to get Homebrew. Do texture hacks (character and stages) and songs damage the Wii?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yo san, my ike is leet status right now (not really, but I have been playing really well lately) lets play some dittos on wifi this week sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom