• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only character the gimps Ike to hell and back is MK. Otherwise you aren't recovering right. Ike has ways to avoid being gimped all the time (emphasis on all the time, I just mean he can be gimped but Ike can avoid it more often than not)

Falco's spam isn't impossible even if done right. Pit's spam is significantly slower, aims higher than Ike ducking (non influenced and Ike ducks during usmash) and has no hitbox Close up.
pit is MK with , a bit less range, a projectile , and a reflector. please explain how pit isn't worse then mk or even in gimping ability.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Pit cannot punish to the extent mk can and MK has a safer recovery. You can reverse aether to avoid his shield. Honestly, avoid pits bair and you will survive to 150%+ every stock.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can Ike's dash attack duck under arrows? It'll be pretty funny if it does. Pit's not really that difficult tbqh, as long as you have patience if you decide to approach.

It'll be really funny if all we do is duck and dash attack lol

@Red-X: Of course. It was all intentional. I wanted to get a guaranteed hit on your aether, but I didn't think you would keep delaying your jump =p
I thought the ending of Rainbow Cruise first match was much more hilarious.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Looking at the GIF frame by frame, dash attack really looks like its ducking later on... I wish i could test it but i don't have someone to spam Pit's arrow

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I think Pit has enough time to shield dash attack after he shoots an arrow. Not sure though.
I really need to be more cautious on stages like RC, I get gay'd way too much. >.>

Also, did you any of you read the thread in Tactical forums about Mario Circuit? Some posters actually argue for it. lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bah. I'd rather have pirate ship, just so people can ban it against me.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sure. Ike is decently good on pirate ship but I think other stages are just as good, if not a little better, since Ike usually doesn't get gimped anyway except for 2-3 chars (and just about everyone doesn't know how to gimp Ike in most of those ways). With the uneven floor, and unable to get water camped, it's just like.. all around good lol, but not great in some areas like other stages.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain how to play a Olimar as Ike? I mean, since my bro Joeysmash is a Olimar main at home, its about 60 40 in his favor, but it's pretty good, considering I main Ike, but can some1 explain it, just to make sure I'm not missing something entierly important about this matchup? This would be much appreciated

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It is a bit of a gamble. Your goal is to get olimar in the air and space nair and jabs to keep him there. Dash attack is good when punishing pikmin throw, landings from far away, and sometimes near the ledge. It's not too difficult for ike to mess up oli by grabbing the edge and using aether smartly. More often than not you will at least give oli a hard time. Ike can get oli offstage pretty easily too. Don't be afraid to try bthrow to dash attack 30-70% around.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's not a fact of dittos meaning anything, it's just a matter of beating Inui's Top 3 in the nation Ike LOL.

Seriously though, he doesn't talk like that about his Ike (or M2Ks) anymore. Good to see that.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
M2k's Ike already lost to most of the other Ike mains. I wish m2k went much more serious with getting really good with him, because I believe he may offer some unique ideas.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Ike vs Bowser

you can CG to 45%ish with bthrow from 0% dunno what 0% you lose CGability but it's a minor factor really. Bowser can UpB out of jab cancels that aren't jab 1 > jab 1 but it's very unsafe for him

you don't want to get grabbed by bowser. He has a short grab range so you can play a good don't get grabbed game. His klaw grab does 18% fresh and builds damage. Bowser's fire breath does get in the way of aether on the way up NOT on the way down. So space aether to avoid fire breath for minimal damage.

Jabbing Bowser's shield means eating an UpB OoS. Grab if you expect a shield. Spacing nair and fair is safe from it but only if spaced properly.

Fair outranges everything bowser has and jab cancels give bowser so much damage due to his size.

Lastly, run off counter to aether is how to edgeguard bowser (just like DK)
Thanks. I forgot about our chain grab. XD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Guys I have no clue what game to play now. So bored...

Dragon Quest IV DS
Mega Man ZX Advent
and some other DS games I can't think of atm...

I never played Professor Layton or Hotel Dusk, maybe those are decent choices also...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I would suggest San play the Phoenix Wright series but the fact that he has Von Karma Snake as his avatar probably indicates that he already has.

Lemme see:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is a very solid game.

I found Professor Layton to be a fun game, though tedious at times.

Didn't like Hotel Dusk.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks are also super fun games, play those if you haven't yet.

Fire Emblem is *always* an option.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
M2K's Ike was decent. Had some rough edges, but wasn't bad.

Inui's Ike was freaking terrible. He was playing like it was '08. I'd go as far as to say my terrible Ike, when looking purely at character specific spacing/skills is better. The only reason he could get anywhere was his reaction time/general skill at Brawl...which explains why he ended up last at that one HOBO tournament. Dude should stick to doubles, instead of picking a random low tier character, using him once, and then declaring he's one of the best with said character and knows the most about said character.

Anyhow:

AW: DoR is fun, but it's hard. And you will rage. CURSE YOU WAYLON! I DO NOT ENJOY FINDING OUT AFTER 45 TURNS WE MANAGED TO END UP IN A PERFECT STALEMATE! DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON GREYFIELD! HULK SMASH STUFF, ECT!

FE:DS sucked from what I've heard. Take a boring FE game, and give it painful graphics.

Mega Man: Zero Collected just came out a few weeks ago. That's four games right there. Seeing as you have MMZX:A, if you do not get this game I will shoot you. And of course, MMZX1 if you don't already have it.

Metroid Prime: Hunter's multiplayer is fun, assuming you can find people who aren't hackers.

I found Scribblenauts to be rather boring, but some people love it.

Knights in the Nightmare if you want a bullet dodging/strategy game mixed into one. It's fun, but one of the most difficult games I've ever played. And the menu/plot can be a bit confusing at times. It can also kill your touch screen due to everything being stylus control, except for two buttons you rarely use. It also has awesome music like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxr-nG88MKE

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks for the recommendations

Already played:
FE: SD
Advance Wars: DS and Days of Ruin. Days of ruin is harder, but it has its own charm with the commander piloting certain vehicles.. IIRC I didn't finish every single mission/level in days of ruin, still a couple I haven't done, maybe I should revisit it.

I'm in the middle of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. This is a good possibility, since I forgot about it lol.

Already beat Mega Man: Zero Collection. It was very nice, since I never played a single game of the original 4 (only small parts of 2 and 3 from my friend's)

I enjoyed and was pretty nice at MP:Hunters for a year and a half (quit right before hackers came which was nice)

Scribblenauts was.. aight lol. Many things needed to be polished.

I played knights in nightmare for an hour or so before realizing I'm just really confused with the story/what I'm doing at all. I believe I'll understand if I give it another go.

Thanks! I was a little tired of mega man games, because I recently finished 6 of them these last 2 weeks. I'll probably finish zelda: spirit tracks, then move onto layton or go back to finishing the mega man games =)

And yes I played every Phoenix Wright game to date so far =)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I liked Hotel Dusk, but I'm into mystery games. Good alternative and change of direction from Phoenix Wright. There's another decently good Detective game on the DS, but I forgot what it's called.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
There's another decently good Detective game on the DS, but I forgot what it's called.
Trace Memory?

I also remembered a few more games that I actually liked on the DS.

- Castlevania

How could I forget these? There are three of them (IIRC): Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia and Dawn of Sorrow. I thought they were all pretty good but I liked Dawn of Sorrow the most but that's probably because I played it first and it left a lasting impression.

-Trauma Center

Solid game. Bit frustrating at times, of course, but it's pretty fun once you get into the whole thing.

-Kirby

Canvas Curse is actually a good game. Go figure. Pretty fun, if a bit short.

-Final Fantasy

Didn't like FF3 but FF4 (all 3D, btw) was very solid. If you've never played it before, go right ahead. Same goes for Chrono Trigger, but the graphics aren't updated there.

- The World Ends With You

Been a while since I played it but I remember it being pretty fun and it had a neat art style.

metroid1117

Smash Master
- The World Ends With You

Been a while since I played it but I remember it being pretty fun and it had a neat art style.
TWEWY has a very interesting battle system, if you like using the touch screen then you'll love it. It also has a good storyline and interesting mechanics, I'm playing it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom