• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ZN9l1Bees

Any explanation for this? Ikes body went through the stage......hmm. Maybe it would be possible to land on stage with this method. Just a theory though. Still clueless about what happened. Maybe cause he up-b'ed through the corner....not sure.
I'm not sure of the exact mechanics, but reverse aether does that when slants are too steep and you're high enough and point your control stick against the slant. We talked about this very briefly a long while before. You can really only go through the 2nd part of halberd by going through the stage with that method and actually survive.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Lots of you are taking this very seriously. I feel bad about sending wifi replays, so I don't know what I'll do.
go to jesiah's house and play him or who ever else is around there. If you don't have an SD card just ask them to send them to you over wifi.

Ninjalink.. It's brawl.

I should have replays by Friday. If fate allows me.
get out of here pikachu main! seriously wtf you started posting more than ever after you "quit" Ike.

I'm not sure of the exact mechanics, but reverse aether does that when slants are too steep and you're high enough and point your control stick against the slant. We talked about this very briefly a long while before. You can really only go through the 2nd part of halberd by going through the stage with that method and actually survive.
After you figure out how your going to get videos offline show me this.

Wow I haven't posted in here in a while...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I thought san had already explained your video NL,

my guess is that maybe falco has an air current (seems unlikely). Ike wasn't low enough to come up at that altitude when he jumps and his sword before he grabbed it was well over the stage as well, it just seems that he got caught in the ceiling or bottom of the stage half way during the attack. A better guess would be that the Ike was holding away from the stage to avoid the (I'm just gana call it roof) and then held towards the stage to land on it trying to move during Ike's apex creating one of those weird push pull glitches we see in brawl every once in a while with its force physics.

Which is kind of what san said.

@DWC ussi knows I'm kidding hes one of the few I treat nicely.

Kishin

Smash Ace
It works on Smashville as well but I'm not sure on the spacing of it. The spacing for it on battlefield for me is where the tip of the Aether that goes through the stage is close to the ledge. It could make for a 'lol' moment if by some chance a Snake had a land mine set up there and you happen to Aether into it and die or whatever. Perhaps if you on accident did it and you got spiked for it.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is a noob question, but...

Are there any ways to do Ike's D-air spike off the cliff without major lag?
I know you can do it simple by switching your C-stick to "Attack" on your GC controller.
Is it possible to do it, lets say on a wii remote+nunchuck?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Aerial lag will always be the same...

You can stop fast falling though.. Via tilt stick or holding diagional down right/left.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Good News!!! (for me at least) This Summer I am going to be in NY for about 2 weeks... uptown for like 2 days and in Manhattan for about 2 weeks (shouldnt be hard to get to Brooklyn) So hopefully I will be seeing the NY Ikes and possibly going to any tournies happening in those 2 weeks.... I will probably be up there late June or early July =]

metroid1117

Smash Master
What does DACIT stand for? how do you do it and is it any useful?
DACIT stands for Dash Attack Canceled Item Toss; it is one of Ike's most useful (probably only, actually) but situational advanced techniques. It's like boost smashing / snake dashing, except you can only do it with an item in your hand. Run (assuming you are facing right), then C-stick down (to do your dash attack) and then hit diagonally up+right and Z at the same time. Hitting up and to the right will throw the item forward, and if done correctly, you should get a huge boost (see this video). To throw the item up, hit up; to throw the item backwards, hit up+left.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I have a question about the Ike compilation video we are making... Do you think we could get some clips of RoK just because he was one of, if not the best Ike player... We should at least add some clips of him even though he is done with smash considering how great he was we should at least have a clip or two... in his memory since he traded in his wii and brawl =[

What do you guys think?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I have a question about the Ike compilation video we are making... Do you think we could get some clips of RoK just because he was one of, if not the best Ike player... We should at least add some clips of him even though he is done with smash considering how great he was we should at least have a clip or two... in his memory since he traded in his wii and brawl =[

What do you guys think?
First of all, since when was RoK the best Ike? Second, if RoK traded in his wii and brawl, how do you plan on getting footage of him?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
First of all, since when was RoK the best Ike? Second, if RoK traded in his wii and brawl, how do you plan on getting footage of him?
Dude he already has footage on youtube...I'm not sure how much footage but I am positive he has footage.... Second I am not proclaiming him best Ike I'm just saying it was said on AiB and by plenty of other people that he is/was

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

What do you guys think?
No. You should be ashamed of even joking like that.

And if you aren't joking, I'm think I'm going to weep over the sudden drop in IQ of this board.

EDIT: *reads above post and starts weeping*

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Who the hell said RoK was the best on aib? kimchi was the one with the thread that listed the best Ike's and I never saw him there.

Just because someone can beat you slaps doesn't mean they are good, from what I hear your pretty scruby. no offense.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yeah i admit I am pretty scrubby and it is not based off him beating me.... He showed me some award thing on AiB awarding him best ike... Not saying that means he is but it means he has to be pretty good.... It was not a thread it was one of the news things on AiB but I am never on AiB so I don't know what they are called

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yeah i admit I am pretty scrubby and it is not based off him beating me.... He showed me some award thing on AiB awarding him best ike... Not saying that means he is but it means he has to be pretty good.... It was not a thread it was one of the news things on AiB but I am never on AiB so I don't know what they are called
It was probably his featured blog on overcoming the competition with bad characters; in it, he stated that he was the best Ike alive. It was a good blog (he removed it, unfortunately), but his boasting is just not true.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Hold A with no opponent in front of you, then tap A quickly and continue holding A. If you time the A sequence correctly then you will do the jab walk/combat walk/ whatever you wanna call it walk thing. This is probably known already but how useful is it for approaching against people who spam fireballs or other projectiles that can be canceled out by jab? It looks cool and all but how useful is it?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I wish doing that would lock the enemy but it just finishes the combo =[ lol but i discovered that myself a few months ago and the few times i do that in the middle of the match to approach for fun like if I am ahead or something the person falls into it... but they are usually scrubbyer then me... but i wouldn't find it particularly useful.... idk about everyone else

and RoK showed me the thing on AiB on the last day of January... The last tournament he ever showed up to =[ lol

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have never seen someone approach by moving with the second jab or walking then jab. For projectiles just learn to power shield them and continue approaching. Jumping over is dumb. Ty Ryko :) You told me that at "you cant defeat air man"

@about rok: He looks like as good as me in the few videos I saw.(And im not that good) He was playing a pretty bad DK in it too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
a year from April, RoK was slightly better than me...and it's safe to say that over the summer, I easily eclipsed him. So stating that he is one of the best is far from true. Plus, his offline and online matches are all boasting or scrubby. It just shows his opponents doing the most idiotic things and he just going "LAWL F-SMASH" every single time.

I could list 10 Ikes that are better than RoK...

Ryko, San, Silven, Ren, Kimchi, Me, Edo, A_B, Durango, and NinjaLink.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
here you wanted the proof well i found it! It was posted up in early January!

Most Notorious AiBer: Rok the Reaper- We just can’t get enough of this guy! While he may not have the best reputation around here, we love to watch his every move. You can’t deny that you constantly watch the updates to see what Rok’s going to do next. If you haven’t heard of this guy, you may recall he’s the best Ike alive.

here is the link if this isn't enough! http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=312

I suppose this is why he is so cocky! Also I never called him the best, I said "one of the/the best..."

@Palpi: the video you saw was at DPhats smashfest the day before the last tournament he went to.... he was playing against Honkey/Gaia that DK sucks! Because even I can beat him

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
here you wanted the proof well i found it! It was posted up in early January!

Most Notorious AiBer: Rok the Reaper- We just can’t get enough of this guy! While he may not have the best reputation around here, we love to watch his every move. You can’t deny that you constantly watch the updates to see what Rok’s going to do next. If you haven’t heard of this guy, you may recall he’s the best Ike alive.

here is the link if this isn't enough! http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=312

I supposed this is why he is so cocky!

@Palpi: the video you saw was at DPhats smashfest the day before the last tournament he went to.... he was playing against Honkey/Gaia that DK sucks! Because even I can beat him
That hurt to read...RoK's not remotely the Best Ike, just the Best at whoring himself out.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
That is probably what caused RoK to get so cocky was that... But I'm not sure at all how good he is because the tournament he came to that I was at he didn't get any sleep the night before and was falling asleep watching matches and was sick (literally) in the morning... trust me this is true because I spent the night at Dphat's along with him and a few other smashers and that was just not his day for brawl, trust me. But I can't say how good he is off of the ****iest games he has ever played... I know it sounds like I'm making an excuse for him but trust me he was not doing well that day, just ask Teh Brettster, he was there...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Notorious: ADJECTIVE: Known widely and usually unfavorably; infamous

So we can assess that people know him for the wrong reasons...not his skill, but the fact he makes these claims and markets himself off of that...

And Slaps, he's been cocky since the day he was born...he thought he was the most important child born that day in the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom