• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
wtf are you talking about??? wouldn't QDing away from the edge kill you since i mean its away from the edge? and QD is a horizontal move so how would you recover from under the stage? Did i misunderstand or did you word this wrong because I think you know all I just stated just what you posted doesn't sound correct
Yeah, I didn't believe it at first until I tried it out myself. Do it first on Battlefield; drop from the edge, then jump and QD away from the stage about halfway below the slope. You should be able to grab the edge even though your head is below it. It works on all stages, but it's most easily performed on Battlefield and Smashville in terms of neutrals.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I have a random question: What's the best way to space nair? Retreating while have the front barely hit someone, or retreat while have the back of the attack hit (aka reverse nair)?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Retreating while having the front barely hit your opponent is a bit tricky to pull off. It's easier to utilize if you're approaching, but retreating's a bit harder. Reverse Nair is also pretty "lucky" to land on your opponent. I'd recommend the retreating (normal) Nair, because it's much easier to land, unless you use a RAR reverse nair. That might catch your opponent offguard, but again, that's for approaching. A retreating RAR's not really the best thing to do.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's usually when I'm a little above the opponent so I can space it well, but yeah. It's just it feels like I have a lot more space/time to react if I land and barely hit the opponent with the back of a reverse nair. If I try to just approach with nair blindly that can get punished too easily as the spacing can go off pretty quickly and you need to maintain strict spacing.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I can't bring a setup, I'll try but highly doubt it... and Bored Contact me IMMEDIATELY we need to talk about your ride... I'm not saying its gone but i need your # so i can give it to melee1 to talk to you... because when he was offering a ride it was before he knew i could go so he needs to talk to you... and if you go with us you will definitely get $28 badge =]

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
WTF? That's so ********. But I guess only a few characters can keep planking going on so effectively, but that would be nearly impossible to approach -_-...I know us Ikes have counter, but still...

I heard it's banned in the east coast.
Ike can't plank he can ledge camp, there is a clear difference between planking and ledge camping, G&W and MK are what cause planking who have a ton of priority/speed/and invincibility frames while doing it while characters like Ike and mario can do it to make there match ups easier.

Few people have made this distinction though which why I am against the ban of planking. Also a friend of us who is good but doesn't keep up with the metagame just play us who do a lot got past my MK planking on his first try taking only 9% and costing me a stock. It is not broken people are just saying oh its hard and you get free damage while we get you off the ledge. Well guess what falco gets free damage while you approach that is the purpose of camping.

Arturo, Slappy, Bored...
are any of us bringing setups to WHOBO? Asking for the sake of friendlies when we meet up like in the hotel and whatnot.
why the **** does everyone know my real name.... meh w/e I suppose its kind of friendly knowing it. Anyways I always take a set up to tournaments and I have music/texture hacks so we can have some fun with our Ike dittos. FFA PS battle???

speaking of texture hacks ussi or nl send me that issac hack for Ike its not available for download anymore in kitty corp.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I get to talk to my mom tomorrow, and I'm hoping she will let me go at the sacrifice of not going to a weekly for a month (Gas + food + 5 dollar entry for weekly = moneh). And I won't be bringing a set up, and I need to get back into shape. Haven't really played brawl with Ike, and don't like to use him on wifi...ZOMG FREAKING OUT!

And I will become best Ike in Southwest, then the world! muwahahaha

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I can't bring a setup, I'll try but highly doubt it...
K
why the **** does everyone know my real name.... meh w/e I suppose its kind of friendly knowing it. Anyways I always take a set up to tournaments and I have music/texture hacks so we can have some fun with our Ike dittos. FFA PS battle???
K
On another note, you all spot dodge too much. Fix it.
K
I get to talk to my mom tomorrow, and I'm hoping she will let me go at the sacrifice of not going to a weekly for a month (Gas + food + 5 dollar entry for weekly = moneh). And I won't be bringing a set up, and I need to get back into shape. Haven't really played brawl with Ike, and don't like to use him on wifi...ZOMG FREAKING OUT!

And I will become best Ike in Southwest, then the world! muwahahaha
(Ro)K

Say, where did Kirk and Yagami go?

(Arturo- everyone knows my name too. It's not difficult to figure out for either of us, considering our names on the forums. And I'm pretty sure you've told us before, anyway.)

(Side note- did you guys know that, since RoK quit Brawl, he's become the Best Cammy Alive?)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

Awesome dude, do you know if you are going to be at the same La Quinta INN as us? And I think some of us know your name from the Ike finder thread... I'm not sure I know I saw your real name somewhere

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Well looks like a change of plans for me... Not teaming with a fox =\ Platypus is Fox/MK so its going to be an Ike+MK team which at first i anticipated Ike+Fox= OWNAGE
But now it is Ike+MK=TK

typical lol but still I hope we can make it pretty far in teams at WHOBO... Just wondering but Brett do you know if teams has pools also?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
K
Say, where did Kirk and Yagami go?

(Arturo- everyone knows my name too. It's not difficult to figure out for either of us, considering our names on the forums. And I'm pretty sure you've told us before, anyway.)

(Side note- did you guys know that, since RoK quit Brawl, he's become the Best Cammy Alive?)
Kirk has never posted much and he's still around idk about yagami. I was considering calling you rett when we met just how lame would have that been?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Calling me Rett would be kinda.. lame. I guess. If you call me that, I'll call you Artimus.
Calling me Brett would be cool, though. Because it's my name.

Sheesh, last night we had a scare that Bored wouldn't be able to go to WHOBO because of a change of plans in another group from Dallas.
You, sir, are a saving grace.

LUL at the ending in that Ike vs Diddy that Kimchi just posted!

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Entered a tourney today, went half ike half snake (like the split between matches was in snake's favor by one because of loser's finals), got third.

Winner's lost to blackanese 2-1 (last stock 82)
Loser's lost to zro 3-2 (Lost first match with ike, won match 2 against dedede as snake, won match 3 against kirby as snake, lost matches 4 and 5 barely against meta knight as snake)

Yeah it's not all ike but whatever I'll take it. I technically lost more matches as snake than I did as ike.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Entered a tourney today, went half ike half snake (like the split between matches was in snake's favor by one because of loser's finals), got third.

Winner's lost to blackanese 2-1 (last stock 82)
Loser's lost to zro 3-2 (Lost first match with ike, won match 2 against dedede as snake, won match 3 against kirby as snake, lost matches 4 and 5 barely against meta knight as snake)

Yeah it's not all ike but whatever I'll take it. I technically lost more matches as snake than I did as ike.
Great job with the tournament! Didn't you say that you always lose to blackanese's G&W or something?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Anyway, good job with the tournament Ryko. Kirby's a tough matchup, too. I would go Snake for Meta Knight, too though lol. A question though for everybody, is ZSS really only 60-40 ZSS's favor? It seems like 70-30, or possibly 80-20 -_-. I don't want to play a matchup that's heavily in ZSS's favor, on top of that, I might play Snakeee's ZSS, the best in EC. Should I go Snake against ZSS or stay Ike?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think I just burst out laughing at the topic title. XD We can hopefully all meet together at the next Final Smash here in San Antonio.

And just because you personally suck at a certain match-up does not make it 8-2 in the other character's favor. >_> It's only 6-4 as that is the number both sides came to when we discussed it. As for who you should use: look at the Snake Board's and ZSS Board's opinions on the match-ups in their match-up topics, and then decide for yourself.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think I just burst out laughing at the topic title. XD We can hopefully all meet together at the next Final Smash here in San Antonio.

And just because you personally suck at a certain match-up does not make it 8-2 in the other character's favor. >_> It's only 6-4 as that is the number both sides came to when we discussed it. As for who you should use: look at the Snake Board's and ZSS Board's opinions on the match-ups in their match-up topics, and then decide for yourself.
True statement. I can **** or compete with a lot of good Olimars, but at the same time, I have trouble playing against MK or Lucario. Just how the cookie crumbles.

And when is Final Smash?

Palpi

Smash Hero

I played snakee 3 times. I was playing like **** that day. He three stocked me the first time, but the second time I got him to one stock (JV 2) and the third time to like 170% 2nd stock. It was kind of hard, but It was the first ZSS I have ever played, and one of the best so I dunno.

You think you just burst out laughing?

True statement. I can **** or compete with a lot of good Olimars, but at the same time, I have trouble playing against MK or Lucario. Just how the cookie crumbles.

And when is Final Smash?
It is all personal match up experience. You can read all you want, but you can't expect to implement everything until you understand the matchup first hand. Lucario is my best match up because that is my friend's main. I don't play many other chars other than Ness, Fox, and Lucario so I do worse against all other characters which puts me at a disadvantage.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I won't be able to travel to any far tourny after WHOBO. You have no idea how much convincing I did to my parents =/...azn parents ftl.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Sheesh, last night we had a scare that Bored wouldn't be able to go to WHOBO because of a change of plans in another group from Dallas.
You, sir, are a saving grace.
Dude tell me about it, I hate how over a video game stupid drama can be started! but w/e Bored is still going and we got all the Ikes in the same hotel =] IKE SMASHFEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom