• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's not entirely true. You can always know what your opponent is going to do, just not how to capitalize (if you even can). It's why playing Ganondorf is such a chore (though an epic chore). As much as you may read moves or options, there's very little you can do to take advantage of that, lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's not entirely true. You can always know what your opponent is going to do, just not how to capitalize (if you even can). It's why playing Ganondorf is such a chore (though an epic chore). As much as you may read moves or options, there's very little you can do to take advantage of that, lol.
Yea well, that's just the character's limitations then xP.

Edit: I'm awesome.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
San, teach me how to play MKs on Wi-Fi. It's like impossible to punish a whiffed Mach Tornado because of the lag =[. Play a guy named Haloman800 and you'll see what I mean.
EDIT: I have a general question for you all. Does anyone know how to tilt your shield without turning tap jump off? I know you have to move the control stick lightly, but is there no other way? I mean in a situation where your shield is being pressured, you're most likely going to be anxious and you might screw up your shield tilt. Also, after a whole 6 months of not using Tilt Stick, I'm questioning whether I should switch back. Although I can space Nair perfectly fine with the default controls, I'm noticing that there are many situations where I can hit my opponent with a non fast-falled aerial with the Tilt stick but not with the default stick. I'm still a bit confused as to how the Tilt Stick can help you space better with Nair. How would you know whether you're inputting a Fair or a Nair command?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San, teach me how to play MKs on Wi-Fi. It's like impossible to punish a whiffed Mach Tornado because of the lag =[. Play a guy named Haloman800 and you'll see what I mean.
EDIT: I have a general question for you all. Does anyone know how to tilt your shield without turning tap jump off? I know you have to move the control stick lightly, but is there no other way? I mean in a situation where your shield is being pressured, you're most likely going to be anxious and you might screw up your shield tilt. Also, after a whole 6 months of not using Tilt Stick, I'm questioning whether I should switch back. Although I can space Nair perfectly fine with the default controls, I'm noticing that there are many situations where I can hit my opponent with a non fast-falled aerial with the Tilt stick but not with the default stick. I'm still a bit confused as to how the Tilt Stick can help you space better with Nair. How would you know whether you're inputting a Fair or a Nair command?
Eh, I just do it by slightly tilting my control stick. You just gotta get it down via muscle memory and thinking clearly.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm still a bit confused as to how the Tilt Stick can help you space better with Nair. How would you know whether you're inputting a Fair or a Nair command?
Again, muscle memory. Instead of to the side or up or down, put the C-stick input to the corner.

If you do this instead of using the A button, you can still input a Nair -while- moving. With A, you'd be doing Fair or Bair if you're trying to move around. That's how you can adjust spacing with the C-stick.
I personally use the up/right corner for Nair a lot.

Palpi

Smash Hero
If you watch M2k play he never misses an auto-cancelled mach-tornado. It is fairly rediculous. He knows when it will eventually shield poke and knows when to retreat and times it perfectly to auto cancel :(

You don't need tilt stick to space with nair, though it may be better, it is not enough to be significant imo. But that is just me :) You also lose inputs for SDI.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just find it hard to time my fast falls and get the right precision with my aerials that c-stick nair gives me. I live for control.

All I can say is that you have to be more patient with your attacks. You can never be too sure when the MK will just whiff an attack and it'll be harder for you to react to some of his moves. Usually, tornado should have enough startup so that if you're not attacking at that moment, you can shield it, but the time we probably get hit by it the most is when we're jabbing or retreating (hard to react). All i can say is MK is tough in different ways on wifi than offline.

About tilting shield, I have the same problem, but opposite. I need to know how people tilt shield down easily. It'll make my life a lot easier.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Inui use to claim himself as the best Ganon player in the world, while not even using him in low tier events.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Alternate way of tilting shields, just a theory: you probably have to hold down a jump button(using L/R for jump), then try to angle.

Also,

Hm.
I kind of want to do another Ike buttsex WiFi tourney. For pure sport this time. Perhaps another round robin. Perhaps TEAMS.
For real.
I want this =)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I want this =)
Agreed. Teams would be sick. I need more experience in teams and I need to see other Ikes playing in teams because I plan to do doubles in the next local tourney (which I haven't done before). I may even team up with another Ike main if I can find someone who wants to.

:034:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Inui use to claim himself as the best Ganon player in the world, while not even using him in low tier events.
Stupid person is proven stupid yet again. >_>

As for tilting the shield downwards: I aim for the corner like if you were Nairing with tilt stick.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Meh, I have no problem with not going this time. I've been unloading too much money recently. Gotta slow down. I don't think I'm going out of town for a while.

EDIT: HYPE for the WiFi team Ike tourney that probably won't happen even though I really want it to!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol bored you give san to much credit.

I think your amazing and then san is very good. You should think the same way too because he hasn't done anything big just the same things kirk was doing a few months ago except that kirk placed well in 2 regionals I forgot what he got that one time he lost to kel and samurai panda but i'm pretty sure it was around 9th as well.

San you need to travel somewhere get a bus ticket to NYC or NJ with your winnings one of these days. Even if you travel alone its tons of fun and from what i heard if you go to one of alex strifes tournaments he'll do his best to make you want to come back.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Grayhound isn't that pricey from Rochester to the city. If I had a ride, I would pick him up on the way back to the city from campus seeing how Rochester isalong the way.

Also San, thanks for the advice you gave me offline.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Alex manages to hype a tourney so much that is supposed to be only regional and bring people from all around the country. The tournies always end on time and are a freaking blast. I keep telling San to come down :)

San you know you would be in good hands down here. Bring Xiivi with you!

The next viridian has co18,dehf,tyrant or mikehaze (forget), and ally interested.

koshaboy in 1 week!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Japes. Vs my friend's Falco the other day.

His second stock, my first stock. I Dair spiked him at 0%. He uses upB to cancel the spike before he hits the water. While in his upB animation, a klaptrap gets him. While in the hitstun from the klaptrap, I spike him AGAIN.
0 to 61 + a death to remember. Got that crap saved.
I want to make a combo video now.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Alex manages to hype a tourney so much that is supposed to be only regional and bring people from all around the country. The tournies always end on time and are a freaking blast. I keep telling San to come down :)

San you know you would be in good hands down here. Bring Xiivi with you!

The next viridian has co18,dehf,tyrant or mikehaze (forget), and ally interested.

koshaboy in 1 week!
Xiivi quit brawl, lol. Yet he's on smashboards more than ever XD

I wish i had some magical wings (or magical $$$ ) to fly over there or find some way, lol.

burrito: Yes, kirk and bored are awesome =p.

I need to check to find out the easiest way to get to the nearest grayhound. If so, I'll try to scrounge up some money and some time. Tests are starting to come up next week so I'll have a lot less free time for a while.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
San is ****** the losers bracket of the LT tourney, in case anyone didn't notice. He's now guaranteed 4th.
Dunno how one can become so good on WiFi. I played him for probably near a solid hour and a half last night. I won 2 games. One was against his DK. GGs, lol. x_x

Lol, Kirk, I used the word "canoodling" in a conversation IRL the other night. Amazing word.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Inui always goes into hyperbole and as a result his points are always dumber than they should be. That said, his ganondorf is very good.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Text message updates have informed me that Bored placed better than Inui at today's HOBO regular singles. And Inui seems to be backing out of a MM with Bored because he's apparently not playing well enough for a MM right now.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Text message updates have informed me that Bored placed better than Inui at today's HOBO regular singles. And Inui seems to be backing out of a MM with Bored because he's apparently not playing well enough for a MM right now.
Toooooo goooood.

Just came back from my tournament and....didn't place well(I think) but I did ok in every match I played o-o

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I bet NidtendoFreak jizzed his pants when he saw this
lmaoo
good shet bored:smash:

who'd you fight red?D:<

-RedX-

Smash Lord
JG(lost), decent ZSS(won), hilarious random(won), Bleachigo(I WAS SO ****ING CLOSE TO BEATING A RANKED FALCO FNSDKLFHKSAJDHFKJSHF, btw I lost but he's really good).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom