• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
BThrow -> turnaround BAir? That sounds cool... if only it wasn't at 0%. Why can't DK roll instead of spotdodge to avoid getting grabbed.
Something tells me you'd have to be pretty **** perfect in every single motion of that Bthrow -> turnaround Bair. I don't think I'll ever actually make good use of it.

Just throwing this one out there... I miss Kirk and Kimchi. They've both been inactive as of late.
All of this assume frame perfection so it's really not too viable.

Anyway DK can't roll because his roll starts of f4 while your grab should be out on f2 or something.

I swear if Ike had one less frame on everything in his moveset this Back Throw would be so much fun.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
If you want a game with a lot of hours to spend on, go with Uncharted 2. 10-15 hours of single player, and then you can go online for multiplayer. Not the best multiplayer experience, but it will keep you busy.

Dragon Age: Origins: Easily spend 100+ hours on this game and still not do everything. It's a tough game to explain so I advise you go on youtube and watch gameplay footage and reviews.

Fallout 3 - GOTY: Like Dragon Age, spend so many hours doing so many things.

If you could care less about gameplay time, go with MGS4 if you have played the other MGS. The online play is better than Uncharted imo.

Also, you should look up on Craigslist to see if you can get 2 games for 60 bucks. I see a lot of good deals in my area.

I don't recommend Assassin's Creed 2, since you kinda need to play the first one to get the 2nd one. Also, the gameplay time is short.
I'm kinda looking for a game that has good single and multi play with it. MGS4 seems to be up my alley at the moment, so I'll probably try that. Do you play MGO often at all?

I've played all the other games you've mentioned, and if I did see myself interested in them I'd get them used or something so I could take them back if I wasn't completely satisfied.

Craigslist huh... I never went there before. I'll check it out. I'm sure there'll be deals around where I live. lol

EDIT: So I read up on Demon's Souls. This game apparently punishes you for dying or anything made by mistake, like killing someone random or something. This seems like it's a hardcore game and very interesting to say the least... it got a 9.4 on IGN. Just sayin'.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
The hell is with that thread Red o_O

It's a good quote though. :p

Side note, I tried learning to IC chaingrab, it's ****ed hard >_<

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Maybe you should work on throwing more great aethers and less controllers.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well...he has a beard so it's sorta accurate >_>

and he is our grandpa ike :o
who's older than bored here? lol

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
That's another game I've heard good stuff about. Isn't the difficulty on it though supposed to be really hard?
As Benaji said, the game punishes you for dying in that it cuts your max HP in half. You have to do things like blocking manually, and other things that you'd normally take for granted. Everything you do is permanent, even killing NPCs. Oh, and you can't pause.

Its hard but in all honesty, it only seems that way because a lot of games that have come out in the last few years have been fairly easy.

metroid1117

Smash Master
When I experimented with SJR, I actually found UAir easier to do than FAir. I still don't think that there will be any major breakthrough from this like with Bowser though...

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
That QD cancel, can you do that from far away from the edge? Awesome counter-edgeguard hehe.

I doubt the SJR is going to do anything for Ike though.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yea, Bowser has ISJR with Koopa Klaw, and Ganon has ISJR with Uair too lmao
SJR(second jump recovery) is just a jump glitch that gives your second jump back(onstage only) when you input a jump before the ending animation(excluding Bowser) of an aerial and there has to be some sort of distance between the character and the ground.

QD ledge cancel works on Japes and FD from what I tested and I don't think you can do it from far since you need the startup boost and it's just a matter of where you QD the ledge at...I think.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yea, Bowser has ISJR with Koopa Klaw, and Ganon has ISJR with Uair too lmao
SJR(second jump recovery) is just a jump glitch that gives your second jump back(onstage only) when you input a jump before the ending animation(excluding Bowser) of an aerial and there has to be some sort of distance between the character and the ground.

QD ledge cancel works on Japes and FD from what I tested and I don't think you can do it from far since you need the startup boost and it's just a matter of where you QD the ledge at...I think.
Yeah. Alot of characters can perform the SJR I think. It's weird how Bowser can't SJR when just using normal aerials. Then again that's redundant because he has ISJR/Klawhopping lol. How does the QD cancel work anyway? You have to reverse the QD? I can't seem to get Ike to fall down at the ledge like that ;w;

Kishin

Smash Ace
So I just realized that you can get the starting animation and possible sound of an aerial by fast falling and inputting the aerial right before you touch the ground. There's also no landing lag (as far as I can tell). I've found that it works with Ike's U-air and if you do it correctly, you can get the houh or ha sound Ike makes when he uses it. I figured this sound could be used as a potential mindgame. You're also able to buffer anything right after inputting the U-air, thus allowing a jab buffered straight from a shff or perhaps an instant turn-around b-air.

Useful/known? (if it's known then name?)

metroid1117

Smash Master
So does SJR work with every one of Ike's aerials (excluding Nair)?

It's not a breakthrough but it's good to know.
I think so; I vaguely remember getting SJRs with DAir when I did it last year. Theoretically, as long as the aerial can end before you hit the ground, you can SJR with it.

So I just realized that you can get the starting animation and possible sound of an aerial by fast falling and inputting the aerial right before you touch the ground. There's also no landing lag (as far as I can tell). I've found that it works with Ike's U-air and if you do it correctly, you can get the houh or ha sound Ike makes when he uses it. I figured this sound could be used as a potential mindgame. You're also able to buffer anything right after inputting the U-air, thus allowing a jab buffered straight from a shff or perhaps an instant turn-around b-air.

Useful/known? (if it's known then name?)
This is known; what you're describing is auto-canceling. Although we usually talk about auto-canceling after the hitbox of an attack is completed (Ike's short-hop BAir, for instance), moves can be auto-canceled also by using them close to the ground and landing before the hitbox even comes out. Kirk's frame data gives specific frames for auto-canceling Ike's aerials.

As for whether this is useful, it's dubious in my opinion; you're better off just fastfalling without attacking (and potentially screwing up) since there's no hitbox to threaten the opponent with. Also, you'll be so close to the ground that even if your opponent is scared by the sound, if they know Ike's aerial speed then they'll note that you'll land before the hitbox comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom