• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
lol what are you talking about x? everyone loves you and why don't you place high in tourneys bro?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
lol what are you talking about x? everyone loves you and why don't you place high in tourneys bro?
There are probably people who are actual fans but there are a few who just lie and troll others while trying to make me look good at the same time, look at the comments of M2K vs Vex, the third match.

I'm honestly not that good, I'm still improving, although I like the fact that I improve after every tournament I go to. If anything, I blame my region because apparently, NYC/NJ is the strongest region from what I heard.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
If anything, I blame my region because apparently, NYC/NJ is the strongest region from what I heard.
Well, we do attract some of the bigger competitors, so I'm not surprised that some of us would be struggling. In the meanwhile I'll just go to smashfests, least then there would be time for friendlies with no rush so I can take my time with the observations.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
All I'm reading is "he's not that good," "he does this and this and this wrong," etc. When the truth it, he is that good, and I don't care what he does wrong, because he still wins.

And no, M2K probably doesn't read anything on the Ike boards. Clearly he doesn't need to.

To say that all you need to do to win events with Ike is fair and jab is an absolute load. Low tiers or not, that's just not true. If it were true, I would **** with Ike in low tiers. lolidont
In my defense, I didn't say anything bad about his game, I just said people don't like it when Inui claims M2K to be the best Ike out there.

His game is fine. Like I said...defense and reading the opponent. Reading the opponent is the most important thing in Brawl. Be good enough in that and you can beat somebody using 2 moves. Granted if he ever took his Ike to the next level by utilizing more of Ike's abilities, he would be a monster.

Brett, what good is having a fanbase that lies and trolls 80% of the time? lol
And I hate when they cause unnecessary hype >_>
That guy I was arguing with on that M2K match is a total ****. How'd you even end up with a fanbase like that >_>.

Hey, but you have a fanbase, Red. Bored casts a pretty big shadow over the other SW Ikes.
What does that mean? In regards to Bored I mean.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
That guy I was arguing with on that M2K match is a total ****. How'd you even end up with a fanbase like that >_>.
I blame AiB, another big smash website with an online ranking system and the players/people there are more immature imo but extremely hilarious at times. I'm originally from AiB, I used to do a lot of online rankings there and I gained some rep, so a few of the people there who know me like to joke around/troll, you know how they are lol but some are actual normal fans.

What does that mean? In regards to Bored I mean.
Bored is the best Ike in the South currently, so he's more known and talked about than the other Ike mains down there.

About Stun Jacket, it's mainly for doubles to help your partner DI better iirc.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
Seems to me that most of the Ike mains are South to East. Not many well known from the West. I remember watching a video of some Ike main named Tilin.

I know what AiB is, they had an Ike main named Iketakeda and Slayez...and I think Slayerz? Not sure. They were Cali Ike mains. Not sure if they still rep Ike though.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Seems to me that most of the Ike mains are South to East. Not many well known from the West. I remember watching a video of some Ike main named Tilin.

I know what AiB is, they had an Ike main named Iketakeda and Slayez...and I think Slayerz? Not sure. They were Cali Ike mains. Not sure if they still rep Ike though.
I'm sure at least every region has 2 or 3 notable Ike mains.
Tilin is the Ike who helped me get started on improving everything Ike related on wifi, imo I would say he would be the best Ike in WC if he actually went to more/bigger tournaments.

WC Ikes would be Edo, MogX, Tilin and Tudios.
Edo and MogX don't main Ike I think, while Tilin and Tudios are Ike mains.
That's what I know of the WC as of now.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Alas, I am the only known Ike representing the Midwest-West Division. Apparently, the states from Ohio onward decided to call themselves the Midwest-East, and Kirk is part of the Midwest-East. Granted, I am not saying that he was part of the decision to split the Midwest up into two divisions.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I thought of something interesting while trying to see if there were any more secrets left to find in Ike's Back Throw (for the record, I didn't find anything too important there) . Ike's Down Throw has one amazing thing going for it: A gigantic frame advantage if they don't airdodge. Let's pick a random character to do this on. In the case of Down Throwing Marth Ike has a frame advantage of 1 if Marth decides to airdodge (this means that throughout the whole thing that I am now describing Marth can airdodge but come on, you can punish a ~50 frame move). If Marth decides not to airdodge he can first move on frame 27, whether it be a double jump or an attack. This gives Ike 26 frames to get to Marth's location and attack. Except, well, he can airdodge your incredibly clever Up Aerial and he can just tilt to the side to get away from your equally clever Aether tactics. So what do you do instead?

Jump. Now, don't do an aerial. Instead, make your way over to Marth or whoever it is and double jump. Then position yourself next to them and hit jump again. You footstool them. You go up, they go down, etc. At this point you pretty much score a free attack on them by fastfalling the aerial of your choice. I have tried it with Nair and I can get it to work with a high degree of success but of course you have to be careful with your fastfall timings. They can't tech the footstool or anything so there's no rush at all. I THINK you can counter right after the footstool and recover on the ground before they do if you're feeling up for a chance at more damage but to be honest I would take the low percent Nair. Then you can grab them again! If they try to DI to the side just run a little then jump, you won't have to jump as long if they go to the side.

It's not a "combo" since they can always airdodge (and take 6% + 14% from your Up Aerial) but it's an easy set-up that guarantees 20% and has the possibility for more.

I am 99% sure this works just as I described it. I have tried it out quite a few times in frame by frame and I can seem to get it down in real time as well.

Ike, Metagame improvement, discuss.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
San did some D-throw to nair against me on wifi, and it worked sometimes, but I fairly sure I could've jumped out of it.
You'd be surprised how long you can't jump out of Dthrow. Against Marth, for example, Ike would have had 27 frames to do a 23 frame attack (Jump + Nair).

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Foot stool combos are dumb because you can tech the foot stool :(
They can't tech the footstool or anything so there's no rush at all.
Can't tech footstools in regular Brawl lol
Light, that is friggin amazing if it works 99% of the time as you say.
How long does footstooling immobilizes the opponent?
And can you punish airdodges with footstools? @_@

EDIT: Just tried this out on Marth at 0%, short hop footstool after Dthrow, Fair'd him right when he hit the ground, forced a get up. lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Can't tech footstools in regular Brawl lol
Light, that is friggin amazing if it works 99% of the time as you say.
How long does footstooling immobilizes the opponent?
And can you punish airdodges with footstools? @_@

EDIT: Just tried this out on Marth at 0%, short hop footstool after Dthrow, Fair'd him right when he hit the ground, forced a get up. lol
Well 99% meant that this is looking to be valid but there's always a chance that something might pop up. I'm not seeing anything, but always be prepared.

And footstooling incapacitates the opponent depending on the distance from the ground. It's rather annoying to check, haha.

And you don't punish the airdodge with the footstool, you simply use Up Air whenever they try to avoid the footstool with an airdodge.

Also yeah footstool to fair = forced get-up = massive pain

Kishin

Smash Ace
Footstools are techable; I've teched footstools.

EDIT: Whoops, my apologies. It seems that footstools are not techable. I actually teched tumbling animation for when you are shielding and knocked off a platform. This coupled with myself remembering hearing that you can tech footstools from someone and me thinking that the tumbling animation for footstool and getting knocked off a platform while shielding were the same.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
That's amazing, YL. I'd like to see this in a video though o_O I'll give it a go tomorrow if I get a chance. Interesting if it leads to another grab... O_O

Grats, Kimchi!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Kiiiichiiiiiproooooo-wait you're suppose to be on hiatus.
Good job though lol how many people entered?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Not bad at all for a tourney in that region with M2K, ADHD, and others there. Good job, Kimchi. I'm glad you were able to get to another offline tourney. I look forward to reading a full post. =]

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Here goes.
I went in thinking I was just going to do decent and play a bunch of people, maybe learn a thing or two. I ended up playing a bunch of friendlies with people and got myself warmed up pretty quickly. I played Inui and beat him in our MM. Didn't get to play doubles because I didn't have enough money. Singles started and I won once then I played Atomsk. I went in knowing it was going to be a hard matchup. I lost the set, but I'm happy knowing that I gave him a good fight. In losers, I beat 3 people and then I played Penta's G&W. Barely won, because I didn't really know the matchup and then I lost to Blackanese's ICs. Could have done better, but I guess I'm satisfied with doing better than I expected.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you kicked *** kimchi lol

but do you think if we hadnt done friendlies earlier,our match might've differed?:p lulz

good shet tho, you seem to know the MU better than you think you do lol x_x

i think i got 17th,which is right around what i usually get ;/

at least i almost beat inui's MK in singles lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you suck Red X :laugh:

but it was pretty far lol
took me 90min to get home,and it waaaaaas cold

that was the only bad part of the tourney lol

edit:
KIMCHI,RED,RYKO
POLYBRAWL!!!LETS GO LOL
ike fest :O

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Any comments from Inui? lolol
****, I wish could've gone, I didn't have money -_- (Yes, I did not get crap for Christmas/New Years).
Good stuff though, you should be the 2nd best Ike in the EC imo.
It's Inui. There's bound to be some comments, but I won't say lol.
EDIT: Why does EC have to have so many people who use high tier characters :mad:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Viridian 7 > Polybrawl :chuckle:
But I'm most likely going to Polybrawl since it's not too far, idk when I'm going to NJ lol
Also, I don't think Ryko is in NY no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom