• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betaz

Smash Ace
*Yawns*
so what's new with Ike? ...and Brawl for that matter...been gone for...a year?....*wonders if anyone even remembers me*

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I was looking through the Kirby MU discussion and apparently one of the people posted that Ike has a reliable kill set-up. I'm wondering what this set-up consists of and how to do so if it's true and whether or not this ONLY works on Kirby or does it work on most/all characters in the game.

*Yawns*
so what's new with Ike? ...and Brawl for that matter...been gone for...a year?....*wonders if anyone even remembers me*
I'd also like to know this too as I haven't played this game for 10 months now and I've just gotten back into it. Thanks.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was looking through the Kirby MU discussion and apparently one of the people posted that Ike has a reliable kill set-up. I'm wondering what this set-up consists of and how to do so if it's true and whether or not this ONLY works on Kirby or does it work on most/all characters in the game.

I'd also like to know this too as I haven't played this game for 10 months now and I've just gotten back into it. Thanks.
The kill set up i rely on most is jab > utilt.. thing is if they DI behind you, you'll hit with the sour part of Utilt :( Also isn't 100% effective.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Jab to Up Tilt is probably your best killshot as it they need to actually jump to avoid it, DIing to the side still gets them hit.

Jab to reverse jump Bair is always good as well. 2 frames slower than the previous combo but it still works if they don't jump.

Jab to Dsmash if you want to but even here Dsmash is still not that good.

Don't get too fancy here, stick with the above and jab to jab or jab to grab.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Nair. If you spaced as to abuse most of its vertical range, you garantee a Utilt or Bair if they airdodge. Just keep juggling and Nair'ing. If they airdodge and you doubt you vertical spacing was good enough, use the jab and above jab kill setups.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ike, Ike, Oh now i remember, Ike is that slow swordsman that i beast with, that down tilt comes in handy on spikes, and the Aether move is ill used, Best on combos, But all in all, im a pretty good ike player besides one thing, Who in here has heard of an "Aether Cancel?"

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Its called Priority<.< And are there any good Ike players on here?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wow, You serious??? i was lookin for a good match, so i wouldnt have to be takin out ike n00bs all the time....it gets lame and boring....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ike is stiil good, But i main Marth in Melee....Never Brawl though....

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Why does this guy keep talking about Ike? Who uses that trash character? Back to bashing Ike, that guy that none of us will ever play.
Kirby and C Falcon **** Ike. Like. 110- -10 EASY. Maybe more.
That guy sucks.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ike's only even match-up is against Ganondorf because Ganon can powershield ON REACTION everything that Ike does but Ike can do the same to Ganondorf.

First one to attack loses.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
The kill set up i rely on most is jab > utilt.. thing is if they DI behind you, you'll hit with the sour part of Utilt :( Also isn't 100% effective.
If you can instead BAir on reaction... Wheee :p

Kirk, BRAWL- IS AWESOME! Me and a friend have been playing it quite a bit.

Also played Brawl+ Ike for a bit, he's so much more epic than vBrawl. DAir to FSmash can COMBO. At 30-40%. WTF. Also, NAir is nearly useless now because FAir has no lag anyway :p

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
wait, wtf? youre still in rochester?
Duh, lol. I leave in a couple days. I'll be start playing brawl again. I got bored of final fantasy XII even though I'm near the end of the game -_- Nothing left to do, then I just felt like playing brawl XD.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Duh, lol. I leave in a couple days. I'll be start playing brawl again. I got bored of final fantasy XII even though I'm near the end of the game -_- Nothing left to do, then I just felt like playing brawl XD.
That happened to me as well. I tried to not get bored. I really did.

Stupid 100 floor Pharos..

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Going back upstate on Sunday.

Also I need a wii now. My mom felt so emotional about what happened in haitii that she pawned my wii and PS2 and some other stuff and donated them (so she claimed).

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That happened to me as well. I tried to not get bored. I really did.

Stupid 100 floor Pharos..
Pharos is 100 floors?? I was just about to start pharos. The thing is, I did all the sidequests already (except ultimate bosses) so I already clocked in 60 hours worth of stuff. This is the international version btw.

I'm still rusty in brawl but it'll take a week to get back to normal.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Im hating everything smash related right now. Wifi brings out my inner demon.

im gonna take a break from smash (boards included) until thursday and see how everything plays out then.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo, you going to steakfest?
Ya, I am...but I only have $2. Can't enter the main tournament. >_> lol I'll be there to play friendlies basically. And enter RCRS if it happens as that only costs $2. Unless I can manage to get a $3 discount in the main tournament by bring Brawl, Melee, and if I'm lucky I can find my Gamecube to bring along for the 3 Melee guys showing up. :laugh:

And I don't even want to look at the Falcon board right now. Sis has been extra annoying/blaming me for everything the last few weeks, and I think my normally low blood pressure is so high I almost needing pills to bring it back down. lol. Last thing I need is stupidity added in. The last two days I wasn't even trying to looking for arguments on this board, I just happen to bump into topics with A2 in them both days. Got so bad yesterday that by the end of the day, I could barely shoot in MW2. :(

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Niddo what did I tell you about being relaxed?

Don't let what anyone says (especially online) get to you. Just laugh it off. I used to get annoyed at the slightest thing but it's just a matter of learning to prioritize. Just. Relax. Smile and relax.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys ever going to make an Ike boards compilation/combo video? If you do, I'll definitely be way more into Ike. The Ganon one is pretty much all that's keeping me hanging on to these boards. Well, half.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
Niddo, I think you need a break from SWF in general >_>.

Are you guys ever going to make an Ike boards compilation/combo video? If you do, I'll definitely be way more into Ike. The Ganon one is pretty much all that's keeping me hanging on to these boards. Well, half.
I believe the board already made one a while back. It was actually a long time ago to be more precise lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hLG8k42mLA

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo what did I tell you about being relaxed?

Don't let what anyone says (especially online) get to you.
That may work in some situations, but try putting up with a spoiled little brat who gets her way and constantly blames everything she's done, every single little mess on you for 16 years. Everything is my fault apparently. Even if my parents freaking watch her, oh lets say spill something while making her lunch. She will keep yelling that it's my mess, flat out refuse to clean up, parents don't do jack about it except clean up after her and then my sister glares at me angrily for the rest of the day because I "manipulated mom and dad into cleaning my mess". For 16 years. She also believes she should be the boss of everything in the house, particularly me of course. Everything she does wrong she attempts to justify with something I've done...even though the vast majority of the time I haven't done what she's claiming I've done.

I'm not even going into what I have to put up with when they aren't at home. Trust me, the little arguments I get onto on this site are a lovely vacation compared to the stuff I put up with all of the time at home...and people wonder why I snap occasionally when it comes to people getting away completely illogical stuff around here. >_>

I have already taken a break from this site. Problem is home is a terrible place to take a vacation and I'd much rather just jump back into the stupidity around here. It's much more manageable.

---

Not it for video editing. Don't have the skills or the programs except iMovie...which is much more kick butt then anything you can get free on a PC and better then a good portion of the stuff you pay for with a PC, but still. >_>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That may work in some situations, but try putting up with a spoiled little brat who gets her way and constantly blames everything she's done, every single little mess on you for 16 years. Everything is my fault apparently. Even if my parents freaking watch her, oh lets say spill something while making her lunch. She will keep yelling that it's my mess, flat out refuse to clean up, parents don't do jack about it except clean up after her and then my sister glares at me angrily for the rest of the day because I "manipulated mom and dad into cleaning my mess". For 16 years. She also believes she should be the boss of everything in the house, particularly me of course. Everything she does wrong she attempts to justify with something I've done...even though the vast majority of the time I haven't done what she's claiming I've done.
This is what happens when you just let her push you around. She's established a base now. If that was me, I would have pimp smacked her the first time she did that, and would tell her "*****, do that **** with me, and you gonna be living on the streets sucking peoples ***** for money."

And yes, that's what I tell all little girls who disrespect my authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom