• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
1. Ness/Lucas grab release to jab is NOT a 100% guarantee! Mr. Doom tried to tell me it is but i told him he was wrong considering the fact that while playing PhoenixAlpha I tried to do it and some of the times he was released out of my jab range!
I think that mentioning this was unnecessary, Slaps.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Well done, san. Taking a game off the best MK in NY is clearly a great feat. Great to see that you're doing better against MK now. I want to do good against MK instead of against Snake!
Edit: Also, Slaps, good **** for beating Hylian. You did great overall it seems. Keep it up.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Holy **** you beat Hylian? I am so gonna harass Hylian about this until he retires.
This is exactly what I said to the people around me when I lost lol.

Don't worry, I'll still beat you when we play <3.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Texas Ikes are getting scarier. Hylian was just the first step. Slaps stepping it up! WTH is happening with Ike lol.

Most likely I will be able to attend viridian in february getting a ride from pikapika. Hope I can make it =)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ness and lucas's grab releases are slightly different. even tho they both have an extra 10 frames, lucas has less ground traction then ness, so when he GRs, he slides back farther, eliminating a lot of the gayness that he is subjected to.

ike can not jab ness out of a GR but not lucas for that reason.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Sometimes the jab hits Lucas and sometimes it doesn't. Frame advantage is still there, though.

Blargh. What San said about TX Ikes is true. We're all getting better. I just... I screwed up this time. I got a better placing at Phase than I did at FS8, but I played better at FS8. The difference was in the bracket, pretty much.

I need to play the night before my next tourney. I think that was part of my problem, maybe. Whatever the case, I just completely screwed up this time around.

But it's okay, because I was introduced to Zelda-. I'll just distract myself with her.
And no, this isn't creepy, #1Cheese. This is life. This is beauty. This is ZELDA MINUS.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
This is all true, except i went to sleep thinking about Ganon- since he is amazing lol.Dude TJ obviously isn't the same level ICs as Hylian so both could have a different approach to the MU. TJ told me what I pretty much already knew, stay safe, Nair, Fair, Jab, and take no risks. I just happened to hit stuff perfectly like i would always space a Fair to always hit if he tried approaching with Blizzard or sideB. In this matchup honestly I prefered a flat stage since if he were to approach it would be obvious.
='(

haha, I kid. His ICs are clearly and unquestionably ahead of mine.

Holy **** you beat Hylian? I am so gonna harass Hylian about this until he retires. Good stuff Slaps. Really proud of you.

Brett, gtfo. You are worst Ike in TX.
Bored, where the heck have you been?? :eek:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@Light: I feel Eruption is fairly situational when it comes to recoveries. Meh, w/e.

@Hylian: You have lost any right to say ICs beat Ike in the MU until you beat Slaps in a tournament. He was (before the tournament) the second worse Ike in Texas results wise. lol

@Slaps: Good job man. And that Lucas thing is weird. I faced that exact same guy in FS5. I landed jab out of GR on him several times. He must of gotten a lot better since we played, I nearly took a game off of him. lol

@KID: When the jab won't work, go for the AR Dash Attack or just go for the Dash Re-grab. :D It works if the Lucas doesn't slide away the maximum amount possible (jab that is).

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
@Slaps: Good job man. And that Lucas thing is weird. I faced that exact same guy in FS5. I landed jab out of GR on him several times. He must of gotten a lot better since we played, I nearly took a game off of him. lol
I kept failing our first game, like i had a pretty good lead but i was being stupid... like he would knock me away with either the last hit of his jab combo or a throw and i would be so stupid as to jump back to the stage with Fair. It wouldn't have been such a bad idea if it weren't for me failing my spacing so every time i did it I ate a stick lol =D

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Who said Slaps was better on wifi? >.>
Good **** dude. (late)

Also, I can't play TvC online, my connections sucks too much lol

Can't Ike just walk a bit closer to Lucas after grab release for 6 frames or so and then jab?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Ike's jab animations end ridiculously fast in B-... Jab-Utilt is true, and with the stupid hitstun, you can jump up and follow up with more.
Oh and counter is broken. And you can do a sliding counter by just running.
And windboxes on Fair and Fsmash.
Aether heals about 2% with the last hit.

I think that's about all he got. That I can remember.

Where is Kirk!? I want to talk to him about B-. Come out and play, Kirky Kirk Kirk!

Edit: Let's make a list of recoveries we can effectively interrupt with eruption. Examples-- Luigi, Squirtle, sometimes Peach, if she can't get above you.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Recoveries Eruption should work again?

Basically Anytime: Luigi, Squirtle, Kirby, D3, Ike (lulz), Bowser, DK (with good timing to make sure arms hit SAFs if they get through), Lucas, Ness

When they are forced to use their Up B to make it: Charizard, Peach, Wario, Marth (in theory. Hard to time), Mario (cape keeps it from being anytime), Diddy Kong, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Link, Toon Link, Lucario, Pit

Am I missing anyone?

NNID
Budget_Player
Not sure, but I figure Brawl- minus works the same as Brawl+ in regards to installing. Just go to the main forum.
Yeah, basically. Same method as B+.

Ike's jab animations end ridiculously fast in B-... Jab-Utilt is true, and with the stupid hitstun, you can jump up and follow up with more.
Oh and counter is broken. And you can do a sliding counter by just running.
And windboxes on Fair and Fsmash.
Aether heals about 2% with the last hit.

I think that's about all he got. That I can remember.

Where is Kirk!? I want to talk to him about B-. Come out and play, Kirky Kirk Kirk!

Edit: Let's make a list of recoveries we can effectively interrupt with eruption. Examples-- Luigi, Squirtle, sometimes Peach, if she can't get above you.
Eldiran made Ike while Kirk was AFK, IIRC... Kirk is an ike main, isn't he... If I could find that Aether healing thing I'd make it more. :p Should be more like 10-12. Counter is too good, or just right broken?

Also, here's one for you. Press shield when eruption is fully charged to save the charge. Boom, **** in a can.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Aether should heal as much as it deals out in damage. :D Nobody would try to stay near the stage edge to hit him with an onstage attack.

"And as he comes up, I'll hit him wi-" *aethered through the stage* *Ike heals 12%* :D

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, basically. Same method as B+.

Eldiran made Ike while Kirk was AFK, IIRC... Kirk is an ike main, isn't he... If I could find that Aether healing thing I'd make it more. :p Should be more like 10-12. Counter is too good, or just right broken?

Also, here's one for you. Press shield when eruption is fully charged to save the charge. Boom, **** in a can.
Brawl- B- namesearch so you see this lawl:
Aether should heal exactly as much damage as it does. Thank you for telling me about eruption, by the way. That should help a LOT.
I didn't play around too much, but I guess the windboxs on Fsmash and Fair are to make them safer on shield? If so, I can be a fan of that idea.
Jab speed is WEIRD but I can't say I don't like it.
Counter is good where it is now, too. It's really, really good, and it's something Ike deserves because he didn't get a million Wario-style insta-****-f-my-life buffs.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike minus full changelist(from the txt file in the download link Mr. Doom posted here awhile ago):

Reduced landing lag of aerials
Jump Startup Time 5 instead of 6
Slightly increased walk initial and max velocity
Slightly increased air mobility
Tiny increase in run velocity
Squat speed x1.5

Jab 1: x2 speed at frame 8, KB is non-reversible
Jab 2: x2 speed at frame 6, KB is non-reversible, easier to interrupt with not Jab3, +3 IASA
Jab 3: +1 damage, +4 IASA
Dash Atk: IASA on frame 22 on hit, less KB for combos, non-reversible
Dtilt: non-hitbox frames x2 speed, always spikes
Utilt: x2 speed until frame 12
Ftilt: x2 speed after hitbox end

Nair: x2 speed at frame 32, does 9 shield dmg, landing lag speed x3
Bair: x2 speed at frame 9, does 6 shield dmg
Uair: mashing A provides upward momentum
Dair: spike hitbox lasts for 2 more frames, other hitbox lasts 5 more frames. No autocancel on startup, allow interrupt into special starting frame 35
Fair: does "E" shield dmg, landing has windbox pushing away, much smaller landing lag window, allow interrupt on landing lag after frame 5

Usmash: Windbox behind Ike pushing away on ending of swing
Dsmash: Windboxes pushing away on both swings. Angle on all hits 65/70/75/82->30, allow interrupt frame 50 (was 64)
Fsmash: Charging has windboxes drawing in like Ganon's utilt. At the end of the swing there is a large windbox pushing away. Speed x1.3

Fthrow: x2 speed at frame 13
Uthrow: +5 dmg, more KB, fire element (shoryuken!)
Dthrow: +3 dmg, opponent ends on the ground, x2 speed at frame 41
Pummel: ends sooner

Neutral+B:
Charging can be canceled by shield
Can be held after reaching full charge, but doing so hurts over time (a la Dedede)
Full charge can be stored
Charge speed x1.5

Side+B:
Grounded charging can be canceled by shield
Aerial dash can be interrupted by anything
Grounded dash attack can be interrupted by anything
Neither dash leads to special fall

Up+B:
Hitting with the final landing hitbox (which now has more hitlag and is electric) heals Ike 2%.

Down+B:
Increased knockback, hitlag. Electric element
"Cling" sound effect doesn't play until Ike can counter.
1 in 10 chance of Ike ruining the victim's day.

Other:
CliffAttackQuick's minimum damage is 8 instead of 6
Sound effect changes.

bang19

Smash Cadet
hi i am a fairly decent ike player but i have been having trouble playing against diddy players and i wanted to know wat i should do against him or if i just need to pick up a secoundary

benaji261!

Smash Ace
hi i am a fairly decent ike player but i have been having trouble playing against diddy players and i wanted to know wat i should do against him or if i just need to pick up a secoundary

Learn to handle/evade his peels. Diddy is real fast and if you're not careful he gets you in a world of hurt. I would say take your time and space yourself between the two of you. That's my little opinion.

inb4niddo

Palpi

Smash Hero
Once you understand how to use bananas the match up is rediculously easy. I advise picking up diddy for a few days or atleast learning his advance techniques (instathrowing) for a broader knowledge.

You want to pressure diddy. When diddy is offensive he is punishable, so zoning well and utilizing your jab to the fullest extent will make more opportunities for punishment! If you notice a pattern in his banana throwing...for instance he may dribble back and then glide toss forward or shoot a peanut and throw, instant throwing can help punish his obvious throws and give you the upperhand...though if you are against a well seasoned diddy they will probably just instant throw it back :(

Once diddy gets you off the stage and he has time to set up, you are at a larger disadvantage than the start of the match...obviously...so avoid laggy attacks that can result in a fthrow offstage or early fsmash/dsmash.

If you do get in a bad position, try to use more lagless moves, don't finish jab combos on shields and space well. Banana throw oos = **** against laggy attack.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Don't give Diddy enough time to pull out his bananas. If he pulls out a banana at an unsafe time, make him pay for it and don't let him get the banana in his hand.

3 big tips against Diddy:

1) Don't let him get his bananas.
2) Learn to use bananas against him. (AKA learn to Z-catch very well, know when and where to throw, set up traps, etc.)
3) When he has a banana in his hand, don't attack. He'll just block it and punish with a banana throw out of shield, which leads to PAIN. Make him throw it and make him miss. Then approach when he no longer has a banana in his hand. He is SEVERELY weakened without nanerz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom