• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

bang19

Smash Cadet
so who would be a good 2ndry for ikes bad match ups? i play fairly well with most hevy chars

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I use 100% Ike. Yeaaaah~

Anyway slaps I will gladly team with you if I go to WHOBO2 which will require me to convince my parents that I need to go to Texas to play video games.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Once you understand how to use bananas the match up is rediculously easy. I advise picking up diddy for a few days or atleast learning his advance techniques (instathrowing) for a broader knowledge.

You want to pressure diddy. When diddy is offensive he is punishable, so zoning well and utilizing your jab to the fullest extent will make more opportunities for punishment! If you notice a pattern in his banana throwing...for instance he may dribble back and then glide toss forward or shoot a peanut and throw, instant throwing can help punish his obvious throws and give you the upperhand...though if you are against a well seasoned diddy they will probably just instant throw it back :(

Once diddy gets you off the stage and he has time to set up, you are at a larger disadvantage than the start of the match...obviously...so avoid laggy attacks that can result in a fthrow offstage or early fsmash/dsmash.

If you do get in a bad position, try to use more lagless moves, don't finish jab combos on shields and space well. Banana throw oos = **** against laggy attack.
Just to add stuff. I may be repeating what was already said. When diddy camps with nice setups, it is indeed challenging to get around it.

I love the diddy matchup, too. 1 thing though is instathrowing I haven't found too useful using against diddy (cause they're so good with getting bananas thrown at them), though, unless you have the time to possibly follow up. Catching with Z or nair is really good. Most of the time, I Z drop bananas, but sometimes I DACIT just to see what happens (usually grab works).

Z drop +nair/fair is really good, because its range covers so much range. Diddy is most vulnerable when he doesn't have a banana or when he is picking up a banana onstage. Ike can also do well against diddy offstage, cause of his gigantic range. If diddy has to go low, that gives ike time to aether, which can possibly intercept diddy's recovery.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Diddy match up is cool and all until you play say I dunno...Gnes, ADHD, NinjaLink...you know...those guys.

I honestly think most Diddy's play the same game. It's the ones that are creative and willing to take their game to the next level are the ones that give me trouble.

On another note, people overhyped Brawl-. I know all the characters haven't been modded up to standards yet, but I was expecting like...10 stock, 3 minute battles LOL.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ugh... lame. Everyone's getting into offline whereas I'm trying to cope with wifi. I want to ask something about how my Ike is as of yet though...

I played Ryo(Ryo_Guikido to those who remember) offline today, and his Ike is really good. the whole Ike v Ike thing... I keep forgetting that those kinds of matches, dittos, is just a match-up, and doesn't really determine who's Ike is better, because this Ike could be good against such char while this one is good against that such char. etc. What I'm getting at it is our games were close as Ike v Ike, yet idk how I can tell if I've improved or what I need to work on and etc. I would post vids in the critique thread but I have no means of adequate recording. Also I used Wolf against his Ike and won most of the matches, so apparently I got a real good Wolf.

tl;dr : I don't want to but probably am losing faith in Ike because I'm not sure if he's improving/good enough. Could anyone help my situation?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ugh... lame. Everyone's getting into offline whereas I'm trying to cope with wifi. I want to ask something about how my Ike is as of yet though...

I played Ryo(Ryo_Guikido to those who remember) offline today, and his Ike is really good. the whole Ike v Ike thing... I keep forgetting that those kinds of matches, dittos, is just a match-up, and doesn't really determine who's Ike is better, because this Ike could be good against such char while this one is good against that such char. etc. What I'm getting at it is our games were close as Ike v Ike, yet idk how I can tell if I've improved or what I need to work on and etc. I would post vids in the critique thread but I have no means of adequate recording. Also I used Wolf against his Ike and won most of the matches, so apparently I got a real good Wolf.

tl;dr : I don't want to but probably am losing faith in Ike because I'm not sure if he's improving/good enough. Could anyone help my situation?
Well, some people take friendlies seriously, while others don't. Some have more to prove while others are having fun jacking around. If he had consistently been kicking your butt, and now you have gotten closer to him, then I would say, yes you have improved. However this could imply several things. It could be, because you are adapting to his playing style. It could also mean that the majority of games you play are vs Ike, so you have more experience in the ditto match up. Finally, it could mean that you have improved in general, and that's why you were doing fairly well against him. Regardless, you HAVE improved in one way or another. Take the + over the - any day my friend.

As far as your Wolf goes...I don't know anything about your Wolf, and he might have been sandbagging. You should ask him sometime. Along with how your Ike was.

Personally, I suck in friendlies, cause I never take them seriously. I always want to try something stupid, and it usually results in a good butt whooping. Every now and then, I will take a friendly seriously to prove a point to somebody, or to understand a match up before a tourny (Brett can attest to that since I kept getting my butt handed to me by some Yoshi main at a HOBO a long time ago, but I took him out in tourny). In the end though, it's still not the same level as of a tourny game. Perfect example was the last tourny I went to. I went toe to toe with some dude in friendlies, but completely out placed him in the final results.

Finally, it's okay that you are stuck on wifi. Look at Slaps. He practices non-stop on wifi, and look how he did at the last tournament. He outplaced Brett (who doesn't play much wifi, and sticks to playing with the people around him that are average in skill), and beat Hylian (who probably was having a bad day, but still a good win). Slaps gets to play various amounts of people with various different techniques in their game, while Brett is stuck with the same old same old. Does that mean Brett should be on wifi? No. It just means that the players around him don't have much talent in improving. They are stuck in a bad circle. In Austin, I have the luxury of playing with 2 PR players, and some darn good players in general. This improves my game naturally, because I'm forced to get up to their level, while they continue to improve as well. Also to add, before all of this, even I was hardcore wifi before I made a scene. When I did make that scene, people took notice, cause I easily became the best Ike in Dallas. When you do get a chance to travel out, just get accustomed to offline play by playing friendlies, and you will be good to go in tourny.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
You know your **** Bored. XD Thanks for helping. I should take the + over -, but it still doesn't negate the fact that I'm still unsure of my improvement and/or how far it went. The reason about knowing my opponent's playstyle is pretty much how I end up winning against someone after a certain amount of time. And because of that I could get better if I was with more people without having to worry about lag and such.

me saying whatever about Wolf was kind of random yea, but it was interesting that Ryo saw him as really good, ya know? Like I got Wolf game or whatever... but anyway-

I guess you're right about Slaps. Only way I COULD have gotten this far was wifi, but I also understand that going offline is a must, too. The smash scene around where I live by died down, and it wasn't big to begin with. All the activity is 5-8 hours away in Gainesville and Tallahassee, where Ryo originally lives(he's in town here to stay with his GF for a few days; he took the bus). Maybe I should play Slaps and san more, if they wouldn't mind having serious games with me.

I'll think more on this... I'm kinda tired and need my sleep... btw idk if anyone remembered/cared but *spoiler alert* I'm in the Air Force and I have a guaranteed job already and I'm leaving for basic May 3rd.

bbl

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I always want to try something stupid, and it usually results in a good butt whooping. Every now and then, I will take a friendly seriously to prove a point to somebody, or to understand a match up before a tourny.
I do that too =D lol. That is how i managed to Fair Brett's Aether toward the stage and stage spike him lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bored, if Yagami can't make it, you wanna do low tier dubs with me?
In all honesty, I've decided to not team with anybody who I don't have any team chemistry with. Either that person, or me, or both just play awful together and we get nothing done. Since I know I have the potential to go far in LT Doubles, it would be great to have a partner who I can play all the time with, but I don't. Oh well.

Me and Espy were doing doubles friendlies against PX and Hylian's MKs. Yea that didn't go so well since Espy was too busy hitting me rather than the two MKs on the screen.

I'll probably only enter Singles and LT Singles.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
bored only teams with meh
supah ikebabies action

hiiyyaa!:D

lmao
glad to see ur active again bored=p

NNID
Budget_Player
diddy Match Up Is Cool And All Until You Play Say I Dunno...gnes, Adhd, Ninjalink...you Know...those Guys.

I Honestly Think Most Diddy's Play The Same Game. It's The Ones That Are Creative And Willing To Take Their Game To The Next Level Are The Ones That Give Me Trouble.

On Another Note, People Overhyped Brawl-. I Know All The Characters Haven't Been Modded Up To Standards Yet, But I Was Expecting Like...10 Stock, 3 Minute Battles Lol.
FFFFUUUUUU u suk

@Brettster: Gotcha.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
That's the HOBO no one gives a **** about. It's all about WHOBO now.
QFT

Well, I can't participate in WHOBO, so yeah.
QFthatsucks

In all honesty, I've decided to not team with anybody who I don't have any team chemistry with. Either that person, or me, or both just play awful together and we get nothing done. Since I know I have the potential to go far in LT Doubles, it would be great to have a partner who I can play all the time with, but I don't. Oh well.

Me and Espy were doing doubles friendlies against PX and Hylian's MKs. Yea that didn't go so well since Espy was too busy hitting me rather than the two MKs on the screen.

I'll probably only enter Singles and LT Singles.
This is why it sucks that we live in different cities now. I think you said it was PX and me who ever had decent chemistry with you as teams partners. I really want to do LT dubs at WHOBO, but with no practice beforehand, a team would have to crack down pretty hard when they get there.
I know what you means about the chemistry, too. I haven't found so many that just.. work with me. Slaps is probably the BOTTOM of the list. Except for one game of dub Ganon vs Olimar and (Lucario?), which just should not be won, lol.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone have any suggestions for how to RAR Easier with ike? My buddy wants 2 know, he mains ike

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
**** you guys.
I'll be glad to know I won't be ****ing missed.
No one commented on what I said yet. <_<
*insert random generic reply here*

My dad is in the military, so I know how it is. Air force has the easiest basic training though. Have fun.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Its not difficult 4 me, my buddy is a n00b ike, and he needs all the help he can get.
I pivot then Bair for my RAR, but his is awkward, he runs, jumps with no pivot, and Bairs' missing nearly all of his attempts. Thanx for the info 4 him though, its greatly appriciated!

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Its not difficult 4 me, my buddy is a n00b ike, and he needs all the help he can get.
I pivot then Bair for my RAR, but his is awkward, he runs, jumps with no pivot, and Bairs' missing nearly all of his attempts. Thanx for the info 4 him though, its greatly appriciated!
No prob. Just tell him to turn around at the time of jump and then bair. Practice makes perfect.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Okies, hes gonna start practicing it now, thanx!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Umm dude, NNMFA is for that stuff, this is Ike discussion...
(No mini mod)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
My computer is not SD card compatible so I am going to put this on my SD card at school.... How does this work dude? My Wii is not hacked at all so I don't know if I need Home brew or what.... Please help. PM me how to do it or whatever. I wanna play Brawl- sooooo badly! lol it is sooo fun! hahaha

benaji261!

Smash Ace
My computer is not SD card compatible so I am going to put this on my SD card at school.... How does this work dude? My Wii is not hacked at all so I don't know if I need Home brew or what.... Please help. PM me how to do it or whatever. I wanna play Brawl- sooooo badly! lol it is sooo fun! hahaha
You have to have HBC Slaps. And the GeckoOS loader. Once you do that then this is what you do with that download:

Take out everything in the 'Brawl Minus' folder and put it in the root of your SD card.
The codes folder, private folder, and gameconfig.txt. All in your root.
Then load up Gecko and launch game.

You now have brawl-.

Also lol at Light.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Would you wana team up with me bored? We'd probably only get a day of practice but i think we can do pretty good, when i teamed with dekar i was able to stay out of his way and get the hits off when he grabbed someone.

It's up to you but even if we don't have team chemistry i can still carry you to 2nd XD

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
You have to have HBC Slaps. And the GeckoOS loader. Once you do that then this is what you do with that download:

Take out everything in the 'Brawl Minus' folder and put it in the root of your SD card.
The codes folder, private folder, and gameconfig.txt. All in your root.
Then load up Gecko and launch game.

You now have brawl-.

Also lol at Light.
Ummmm the root is just the SD card without opening an files on the SD card right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom