• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Guys. Stop worrying about something stupid like tier placement. -_- Ike only moved one spot. If you haven't noticed, almost EVERY CHARACTER has moved down an entire tier because MK has moved up into his own tier again, thus pushing everyone else down.
No one is worrying...we are discussing the placement. The only one worrying is Niddo, and that's only cause he worries about everything.

Niddo, I won a million dollars...I think you should worry.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Guys. Stop worrying about something stupid like tier placement. -_- Ike only moved one spot. If you haven't noticed, almost EVERY CHARACTER has moved down an entire tier because MK has moved up into his own tier again, thus pushing everyone else down.
Clearly you're not understanding.

Ike has moved down one spot. This means he is one spot worse. His entire move-set suffers - by exactly one - because of this.

•Col•

Smash Champion
No one is worrying...we are discussing the placement. The only one worrying is Niddo, and that's only cause he worries about everything.

Niddo, I won a million dollars...I think you should worry.
Well, when I said "worry" I also meant getting mad or having any kind of emotional reaction to this, lol.

And I'm just now realizing we should have just pulled a Diddy main move and not tell anyone how to fight against Ike. We should have gone into other forums during Ike matchup discussions and went "OH YEAH, 70-30 IN [Enter Character's Name here] DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO LEARN THE MATCHUP IKE IS SO BAD LOL". :(

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I wouldn't say tourney rankings have everything to do with it.

Beyond A tier the list starts to get hazy, then beyond B tier the list starts to show a horrible amount of inconsistency. Bowser and Lucas moving up are still a mystery to me. If anything this tier list just shows a massive amount of hype for characters.
Link gets a large rise in tournament results, doesn't move.

PT falls in tournament results, rises up another three, and Reflex was still the reason I was given for PT moving up even though he's been too busy to be in many tournaments.

Ness is roughly the same as he was before, FOW was given as the reason for moving up five spots.

Lucas is lower then last time, no reason was given for him moving up.

All four of those characters had no real changes to their metagame.

lolwut?

I'm not worrying about Ike's position that much. I'm worried about the lack of logic in the entire lower half of the list.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well, when I said "worry" I also meant getting mad or having any kind of emotional reaction to this, lol.

And I'm just now realizing we should have just pulled a Diddy main move and not tell anyone how to fight against Ike. We should have gone into other forums during Ike matchup discussions and went "OH YEAH, 70-30 IN [Enter Character's Name here] DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO LEARN THE MATCHUP IKE IS SO BAD LOL". :(
People are still bad at fighting Ike anyway, so it's not a lost cause.

A surprisingly high amount of people do not realize when they are about to get jabbed.

Also Niddo the list takes heavily into account the personal opinions of the SBR. "Wow, Link got good tourney results? **** that ****, we need a Twilight Tier."

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey-hey-hey... Methinks we've been duped.

Tier List Version Four

S :metaknight:

HIGH
A :snake: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :marth: :warioc:
B :dedede: :pikachu2: :olimar: :lucario: :gw:

Middle
C :pit: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :rob:
D :dk2: :peach: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf:
E :shiek: :pt: :sonic: :ness2: :bowser2:

Low
F :lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
G :zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:

"Ness & Bowser were originally voted as Upper Low, but rather than another tier both were bumped into E. Hence, one could consider both Ness and Bowser acceptable characters in Low Tier tournaments."

That's the tier list.
Someone claims that this one's the real one.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes. Pretty much waiting for pikapika to give me a ride. I need to give them directions to pick me up. Kimchi you're pranked btw.

Lots of crap happened this week: Hospitalized due to allergies, Huuuge test, impossible homework, lack of sleep, etc. I've been off the last couple days too. I..must..recover!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the numbers are some how important i think, theyre on his aim too...

and what put you in the hospital bro? if you still arent feeling well, it might not be worth it to go out in this horribad weather...

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Even if the name was taken? Hmmm who do I ask? I put the numbers there because san is usually taken wherever I go.

I ate peanuts monday. Was incredibly sick, had hives, etc, but only lasted for an hour or so.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
The reason ike is still low tier is because to many people in the BR play him in low tier.

Ill be uploading some videos of my ike soon, hopfully yall can critique.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Magik: sure thing

Pikapika is so doing things last minute. making me worried. I really want to go to my first regional lol.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
going for my first tourney at san diego, wish me luck ppl. You guys showed me how to use ike (i wasn't really good with him but now i'm faring well). Any last minute tips for me?

its a singles tourney. I know there'll be a lot of spammers and campers (usually fox, falco, wolf, zelda. there are 2 meta knight users as well but i don't worry much about them cause they're not pros)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I r 19 today! :D

And Mag: post it in the Ike video topic so we can actually use it for it's purpose. lol. I don't think we've had a video there for ages.

Palpi

Smash Hero
going for my first tourney at san diego, wish me luck ppl. You guys showed me how to use ike (i wasn't really good with him but now i'm faring well). Any last minute tips for me?

its a singles tourney. I know there'll be a lot of spammers and campers (usually fox, falco, wolf, zelda. there are 2 meta knight users as well but i don't worry much about them cause they're not pros)
Tip. However slow you think you are taking things...take it slower =]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i told you san...

bry and cura, I told everyone that asked me for his number to stay on his butt because he loves to do things last minute, which leads to being late and getting lost which leads to being even later.

we got dqd from doubles at a mass tourney because of him once.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
A ****ing gimmick character that was like 3rd worst in tourney representation to boot.

These lists would be a lot more convincing if they used logic.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
purposterious

we all know personal bias > logic

Yes. Pretty much waiting for pikapika to give me a ride. I need to give them directions to pick me up. Kimchi you're pranked btw.

Lots of crap happened this week: Hospitalized due to allergies, Huuuge test, impossible homework, lack of sleep, etc. I've been off the last couple days too. I..must..recover!

im down a couple hundred dollars from car related **** and fees

trust me it can be worse; actually i take that back it already is seeing as the roads are so ****ty and i got class in 45 minutes. Those city plows are so ****ing worthless, they plow ice and snow when we dont need and then when we need it they NEVER COME AND ****ING PLOW THE ROAD

argggggggggggghhh wheres all my tax money being used for?!?!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A ****ing gimmick character that was like 3rd worst in tourney representation to boot.

These lists would be a lot more convincing if they used logic.
Yaga, im quite hurt. We worked REALLY hard on this list and its by far the MOST accurate. Please explain what YOU(and only yaga) think should have been different. I really hate seeing people(the GOOD players) disagree with most of the list. Please include the word "xyro" in your post so i can name search and respond to you. I really do want to understand why YOU dislike this list. Please note that this post does not carry any malice.

PS: If san goes to this, im rooting for him.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I love Xyro's Spamus.

My main reason for popping up in here: if any of you play with custom music, would you kindly test my custom music pack out?

Mr. Doom's SD Card Music Pack

Unfortunately, it's in five parts. But all you have to do is unzip them into the "strm" folder, located in private->wii->app->RSBE->pf->sound.

You can also download the songs.db file so that you can see the titles of the songs I used, but you need Notepad++ or some similar program that can actually access the files.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I'm actually confused as to why Lucas is above Ike. That's kind of boggling and I'm also surprised at Falcon also being above Samus and Jigglypuff. Although Ally is placing well with Falcon, it's kind of obvious that Falcon is worse than Samus and Jigglypuff.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Yaga, im quite hurt. We worked REALLY hard on this list and its by far the MOST accurate. Please explain what YOU(and only yaga) think should have been different. I really hate seeing people(the GOOD players) disagree with most of the list. Please include the word "xyro" in your post so i can name search and respond to you. I really do want to understand why YOU dislike this list. Please note that this post does not carry any malice.

PS: If san goes to this, im rooting for him.
why do i get the feeling this post has a sarcastic ring to it

someone....cares about what they put out?

omg

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
my post had no sarcasm. i really would like to know his complaints and maybe i can explain WHY we did what we did.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its because XYRO is awesome and probably one of the most legit guys in the smash community. its the reason why texas is like the coolest region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom