• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
on nintendo web site they have all the error codes, oh i had that recently it may be because your router is not detecting the wii?.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Could we please not bump this anymore? Not only do we have enough answers, but this could sprout more threads like this later, so its best not to encourage it.

*Waits for lock*

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Nope, you just plug in and you're good to go. Code Manager does this in a jiffy. :bee:

BUT, you can only have one of those codes turned on one at a time. You can't enable both of them simultaneously. So I've been told.

Edit: :facepalm: :Downs: already said that...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I merged the "Brawl error code: 86240" thread into this one. I left a redirect so hopefully it won't be too confusing.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Here's the thing. While the error message popped up randomly, it has been occuring consistently for a few weeks. Is that supposed to be normal?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Here's the thing. While the error message popped up randomly, it has been occuring consistently for a few weeks. Is that supposed to be normal?
Then it's possibly your internet provider. Otherwise, the firewall of your computer is still making the data for online play inaccessible to the WiFi servers. With that said, might i ask what internet service you are currently using?
Here's a step-by-step procedure if your router is the issue. Due to this occuring consistently, if you're trying to play the same person on your FC list and get this, it could possibly be them (or both). If this happens frequently to excessively on With Anyone, then i strongly suggest using the procedure below.
Communication problem between players
Likely cause: Either you or the person you are attempting to play with have router settings preventing a connection.
How to fix: Manually assign an IP address to the Wii and allow it access in your router's settings or disable the firewall if necessary.
Important note! This error code can appear even if the problem is with the person you are playing with. If the issue does not resolve itself after you've tried these steps, you may want to email a link to this page to your friend and have them try the steps.

1. First - Manually assign an IP address to your Wii console.
    • Manually assign an IP address to your Wii console.
      1. Assigning an IP address to your Wii is easy!
      2. Access the Wii System settings and select "Internet" from Page 2.
      3. Select "Connection Settings" and choose the connection file you currently use (will have a red border around it).
      4. Select "Change Settings," and click the right blue arrow twice to reach "Auto-Obtain IP Address."
      5. Click on "No" and select "Advanced Settings."
      6. Now, click in the "IP Address" field to enter an IP address. Look at the brand of your router, and enter the IP address listed below into the field.
        • Linksys - enter: 192.168.001.140
        • Netgear - enter: 192.168.001.250
        • Belkin - enter: 192.168.002.090
        • D-Link - enter: 192.168.000.190
        • Apple - enter: 010.000.001.250
        • 2Wire - enter: 192.168.001.250
        • Actiontec - enter: 192.168.001.250
        • SMC Networks - enter: 192.168.002.190Don't see your router brand listed? Click here for help with finding an IP address to enter.
      7. Once the IP address is entered, select "OK."
      8. Select the Subnet Mask box, then enter 255.255.255.0 and select "OK."
      9. Select the Default Router box. You will need to enter the defail gateway address for your router brand. Look at the brand of your router, and enter the gateway address listed below into the field.
        • Linksys - enter: 192.168.001.001
        • Netgear - enter: 192.168.001.001
        • Belkin - enter: 192.168.002.001
        • D-Link - enter: 192.168.000.001
        • Apple - enter: 010.000.001.253
        • 2Wire - enter: 192.168.001.254
        • Actiontec - enter: 192.168.001.001
        • SMC Networks - enter: 192.168.002.001Don't see your router brand listed? Click here for help with finding an IP address to enter.
      10. Select "Confirm" but DO NOT select "Save."
      11. Tap the right arrow to reach the page ro "Auto Obtain DNS."
      12. Select "No" and then "Advanced Settings."
      13. Click into the "Primary DNS" field and enter: 008.008.008.008
      14. Click into the "Secondary DNS" field and enter: 008.008.004.004 Please note: These are public DNS's provided by Google and are subject to Google's Terms of Service. If you prefer to not use this service, doing an Internet search for "public DNS" will provide you with several other options you can use.
      15. Select "Confirm," and then "Save."
      16. Click on "Save" and then "OK" to perform a connection test.If the test was successful, then your Wii is now connected online. If you received error code 52130, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

Read patiently and if the problem isn't resolved, i'm sure Nintendo is willing to assist. The number is provided in the last step.
For more information, Nintendo's Consumer Service on it's homepage also grants full detail on how to resolve issues with WiFi and such.
Hope this helps.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
What exactly causes the lag to be terrible? I know distance has a lot to do with lag, but do you if things like weather have anything to do with lag? Lately, all I have been getting are red-orange circles after playing the matches and this happened the past couple days.

For example, I was playing a Wi-Fi match with my opponent. Before I had a green circle, but all of a sudden it went from a green circle to a red circle.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Whether can affect the servers. It's not recommended to play during storms due to surges or altercations with frequencies. If you're on cable internet, the lines could be affected by sources that can carry an electromagnetic current, like satellite dishes and radio towers. They can create a magnetic field which can further persist the disturbance in WiFi's transmissions.

If you've got a satellite provider (just a modem that connects via STC), disturbances in the area can be rough on the frequency, constructively or destructively, but unrecognized by satellite itself. A few variables: Noise Pollution, lightning, strong winds, harsh cold or warm fronts, and users sharing the same bandwidth. If you're on a satellite provider, the last fault is inevitable, due to the amount of people relying on the same provider worldwide.

Correct me if i'm mistaken, please. And you're friend could have the same issues, baring the same results.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Can you take advantage of lag and mash faster in grabs because of it? I know this sounds like a bad question. lol

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Can you take advantage of lag and mash faster in grabs because of it? I know this sounds like a bad question. lol
Not bad at all, it's welcome. Yes, lag can permit you to get out of grabs faster, however, due to the normal amount of input or screen delay, there's next to no advantage, if any. You could mash the stick all you want during screen freeze, but if it's not moving, for that period, almost nothing registers. Doing so in input delay seems legible, but there's no advantage over doing it offline, simply because Wifi is registering the inputs slower than offline, not adding to your list of current commands "awaiting registration", sort of speak.

Hope this is sufficient to what you're looking for.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Yes, yes there are. Just go to the Smash World Forum homepage and scroll down into the tournament section and you'll see "Online Tournament Listings."

I thank all who have posted here. :)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
any online torneys?
Yes, yes there are. Just go to the Smash World Forum homepage and scroll down into the tournament section and you'll see "Online Tournament Listings."

I thank all who have posted here. :)
^^^^
Yep.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Most tournaments looking for entries will display (Accepting registration" or something of similarity, followed by a number to display the current amount of entrants, followed by the maximum number of entrants allotted before the tournament initiates. Some tournaments may have a waiting list, in case of the possible "byes" or "DQs" in the tourney.

Even if the information isn't posted obviously, it doesn't hurt to lurk around to see if there's a possibility of your entry. If you're interested in creating an online tourney of your own, I recommend using this for reference: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269303
As well as making sure your tourney follows all obvious forum rules that may not be stated inside of the given thread.

Hope to see you in and/or creating one soon :)

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Ah... with the play with more than one person code on wi-fi for Basic Brawl... it lets me change the rules to a stock battle for example if I'm the "host" of the battle... anyway, would doing that cause the other players to desync or would it not affect anyone or anything at all? Sorry for the bizzare question.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I saw that option with the hack and pure bliss came out thinking I could change the ruleset. Even though I knew I was told that it couldn't be done... Anyway it doesn't matter what you do. You'll always spawn in a room with a 2 minute timer. So, don't worry about de-synchs. Although, sometimes you might get an option to "be-friend" a person who's in the same room as you. If you click on it when you return to the list of friends you have registered you will see the Friend Code of the person who you tried to add while in the room of Basic Brawl.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Ah, thanks. I had a feeling that would be the case. Thanks for the fast reply.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Wifi works fine for the Wii internet channel but when i try and connect to wifi with brawl i get error code:61070 any ideas?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I dont see most players on basic brawl. I was wondering if it was the router called clear. But then i noticed the earthquake in japan. Did this affect NWFC?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I dont see most players on basic brawl. I was wondering if it was the router called clear. But then i noticed the earthquake in japan. Did this affect NWFC?
I'm pretty sure that every continent has it's on Wifi Headquarters (Servers), so the earthquake that occured in Japan should really only affect the Wifi in that area. When you say Clear as a router, I cannot tell if you mean ClearWire connection providers, or something else. I'll await clarification before I touch that one.

Darkrulerjoe

Smash Rookie
I haven't been on Brawl online for about a year-year and a half, so I was wondering if the Servers gotten better? Is it still extremely laggy? I was thinking about finding some matches but I might not if the servers are still just as bad as it was...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Question: Do you get anymore notices about your number of brawls, after gettin' the 4,999 brawls notice?
EDIT: I'm a little over 7,000 btw.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm pretty sure that every continent has it's on Wifi Headquarters (Servers), so the earthquake that occured in Japan should really only affect the Wifi in that area. When you say Clear as a router, I cannot tell if you mean ClearWire connection providers, or something else. I'll await clarification before I touch that one.
I'm sorry about that. Yeah i meant clearwire. It's just that clear sounds too catchy.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Rev15

Smash Rookie
Question: Picked up the USB ethernet adapter recently in an attempt to play some lag-free games. When I use my wired connection I never get paired with players and I sit in the practice stage forever, however when I use wireless I get paired pretty quick and play laggy games. Anyone have some suggestions to playing with the adapter?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hm I have no idea what the problem would be. But dude you really should play via friend code exchange rather than basic brawl. I read in the thread you made that you don't have any one to play with. You can exchange codes with people right here on smashboards. The Fight Arena allows you to match up with people to exchange codes and play with easily. You should check it out in the Smashboards Information Center forum.

Top Bottom