• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
ok something strange happened i turned on my wii after playing last night and all my FC are gone PLUS my FC is different... (wtf happened!) all my saved data is still there... all characters unlocked etc.. but.. yeah x.x

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This problem happened to a few other people too.
What kind of connection do you have. (wirless router, Nintendo Usb, etc.)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Detailed discription on everything you did the night before(With the wii or computer) and anything that possibly could have effected it. Go Go Go!

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
well PC i dont think i did anything to affect it

Wii i think i changed my FC name (added sumthing extra) .. but i dont think thats the reason.. BUT.. well it WAS the first time i changed it so.. maybe that..

playing 3 hours on wifi ? lol maybe. (i played a while with 4ppl which was laggy)
(it froze 1v1 when i got sparta kicked by a gannon) then it d/ced and the next time it d/ced i just switched my wii off cause it took too long to do anything

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think that is what happened right there.
Somehow your Wi-Fi data got erased when you turned it off.

The reason why the main data didn'y get erased is because the Wi-Fi data is stored differently.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Has anyone ever gotten a blue connection? Or even a green one? Everybody I've ever fought has had either red or orange. Only one has had a yellow connection and he lives like right by me. It's not even always yellow either...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I have blue connection with a few people. It depends on your connection. But your opponent has to live near you, like instate.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess my internet just sucks... The guy who has yellow with me lives about 10 minutes away, so it has to be me...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What do you use? Wireless router? It could be either of yours though. Sometimes its just because of where you live too.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah it's wireless. He uses the Nintendo wifi USB thingy. I wouldn't think Denver would be that bad. :/

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
yeah its probably just the area. Do you still have me on your roster? I think we had green connection.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
lol. Thats all you :)
and we live really close too =O

I realized thought that even though the colors show how good/bad connection is, that doesn;t necissarily show how much lag you will have. Theres people that I play with red connection where it is pretty much lagless.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, everybody seems pretty much the same to me really. The only thing that's ever effected anything is when I forget to close bittorrent or something. Then it lags constantly...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
actually I do have a ? ... has anyone else's smash service gone bye-bye? It's been missing on mine for weeks now, both "options" and "spectator" and I cannot submit stuff, but I still get daily content..

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We use to have a stickied thread about this >.>
From my understanding it just happens at random times.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
heh yeah, tried that.. this is not typical I don't think, it's been gone now for almost 2 months... It's a strange scenario because to my knowledge you have to be registered for Smash Service to get daily content, and by logging in to WFC mode you automatically are set to 'yes' as a default, so of course from day 1 I've gotten content every day with the exception of a few Sundays here and there... and yet I cannot submit stuff any more, the options menu is gone, and spectator is gone. I will not be deleting my saved data just to get these options back of course, cause it wasn't like anything I ever submitted ended up in the daily downloads, but maybe there's another way? Faking it out by going to delete and saying No seems to have no effect in this case, though I can understand it's worked for others .. this -may- be related but I've been getting disc errors too, like you launch it from the Wii menu and it loads... pauses, then goes back to the Wii menu and I have to launch it again... 2nd time works ok tho but this has happened for about as long as my "options" menu has been missing.. :ohwell:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
yah that's been my thinking too... meh. ah well. its funny when I first got brawl I had one of the launch wii's and nintendo was having me ship my wii in for "cleaning" so brawl would play, but as soon as I replaced the wii with a brand new one boom worked, though technically the first time I put the disc in it asked to download an update... I try to keep it clean but it gets dusty in here haha ... *sigh* now I will have to save up for a new disc cause I have like no money right now but thanks for the input yo

Ceipe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ceipe007
3DS FC
0232-7552-6592
I was wondering, is the battle anyone mode working now? Or do you still have to exchange FCs?

Ceipe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ceipe007
3DS FC
0232-7552-6592
Well every time I try it searchs somone forever and then simply discconects me from the server. I asked before and some people said that he battle anyone mode was bugged, the american a least.

kisler

Smash Rookie
Hello. First post in a while for me.

I recently got Verizon FiOS installed in my home. This replaced the Comcast internet which I had connected to my Wii through a Linksys N router. With the new FiOS connection, we were provided with a router.

However, some strange things have happened since we got the router. I can connect to Wifi easily, check friend lists, and watch spectator matches, but for whatever reason the game will not find anon opponents or start a friend match. The router is definitely set up correctly because other games' online features work, but Brawl matches do not work.

Help is appreciated greatly.

Thank you ~ :)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well every time I try it searchs somone forever and then simply discconects me from the server. I asked before and some people said that he battle anyone mode was bugged, the american a least.
Have you tried it recently? When brawl fisrt came out this error was occuring because of large amounts of traffic. It pretty much has been fixed since then but it still occurs ocasionally depending on where you live. I would try it again. If it still is happening at this point then it could either be a problem with the router or you may just live in an area where too many people are accessing wii online at the same time.

I recently got Verizon FiOS installed in my home. This replaced the Comcast internet which I had connected to my Wii through a Linksys N router. With the new FiOS connection, we were provided with a router.

However, some strange things have happened since we got the router. I can connect to Wifi easily, check friend lists, and watch spectator matches, but for whatever reason the game will not find anon opponents or start a friend match. The router is definitely set up correctly because other games' online features work, but Brawl matches do not work.
Make sure everything is set up on the router correctly.
The Nintendo support site can guide you through that: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

A lot of times it may just be that you need to change the channel on the router.
But since you are able to connect I don't think this is the problem. You may want to try that though. Usually setting it to 1 or 11 workks.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I have a weird problem that just started a few days ago.

For some reason when I try to play on Wifi there's like a 50% chance the Wii will FREEZE (with the annoying sound) right after "Ready to fight." It's either my Wii or the other person's. If I don't get the freeze, it will just stay in "Ready to fight" and then it errors out back to the Wifi menu but the other person will get it (you can see one character entrance for like 0.5 seconds and then the error pops out). No one is using Homebrew or codes. That's why I find it strange, 'cause it freezes just like a desync. from codes or something.

I never had ANY problem regarding Wifi, this is just too weird, especially because it started acting up one random day. Help?

Any help?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah, I use wireless router. You think that could be it? How should I try to fix it?

Also I just realized someone had the same problem (Page 1), but he never came back <_<.

And there's a mistake in your FAQ

Q: During a match, why is the "No Contest" option sometimes not available when you press pause?

A: If there is a set timer for the match then the "No Contest" option will be appear on the pause menu.
If there's a set timer, No contest doesn't show up, just Drop out.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not 100% sure, have you been having any problems with your internet at all?

0.o wow thanks, how I did I do that o.0

Top Bottom