• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Besides getting a new router, what can I do to improve connection? Not just speed but range? I am thinking I can just buy a new antenna. I found a decent one for 12 bucks. I know this will improve range but will it improve speed? I have a decent router.
☠
Besides getting a better router, you can get a faster internet connection. :p
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Also this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155378

ThePointingMan

Smash Rookie
Sooooooo, if one player is disconnected, does everyone else get disconnected?
If not, then imma feel real bad, cause i was winning the rounds, then the one i loose, i get disconnected before the next match, no chance to redeem myself, etc.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
if you voluntarily disconnect there is a chance you'll be replaced by a CPU, though it doesn't always work.
if you unvoluntarily disconnect more than likely everyone in that room will also disconnect.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
ew, that sucks. uh... I'd say no, actually. If your ISP has a monitor that lets you check on usage, you can try it out and get a feel for it... data caps tho? Is through a wireless provider like at&t or such? Or is it cable/dsl but ... with a data cap (never heard of such a thing) ... yuck tho, data caps suck. You can forget about ut00b or any streaming websites... at all... heh, yah, that's pretty useless, yo.

Vex514

Smash Cadet
I didn't see this asked on the first post in Q&A so sorry if it's been asked already but Is there anyway to transfer replay's off your wii (or SD card) and onto your computer for viewing/sharing?

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
I didn't see this asked on the first post in Q&A so sorry if it's been asked already but Is there anyway to transfer replay's off your wii (or SD card) and onto your computer for viewing/sharing?
Start->Computer->SD card drive letter (While the SD card in in the reader, derp)

You can't watch the replays unless you record them with a capture card or something, as the replay files aren't videos; they just tell the game what to do to recreate the match.

Vex514

Smash Cadet
Yah I realized that and tried that before and wondered why they didn't play in anything. Didn't know that it's just instructions for the game then, I suppose that means they can't be converted to a video file for uploading? Shame -.- Thank you though

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Mine sux, bad quality xD. I know some people with better ones though and the quality is great. Not sure how many megapix though.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Well I was just wondering... Yesterday everyone had wifi because I suppose wifi was down since about 4pm. I kept on getting an error message so I gave up and decided to wait till later. At about 9 pm, I go into the AiB free play chat and everyone was playing and having no problems except for me and one other guy. We kept getting the same error message as before. I tried everything... reset my router, redid my wii's connection, and let my wii rest from last night until just now and its still not working... Maybe i'll try reinserting the MAC address into my router... but yeah. The error code is 31020. Any suggestions?

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Seriously? Wow... i'm staring at that error code on my TV as I type... how does it not exist >.> Guess i'll have to call Nintendo...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
From: support.nintendo.com (after entering said error code, and assuming you're playing the US version and in the US.)

Error Code: 31020
Specific Error Code Not Found - General Troubleshooting

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

* Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Since Yesterday, me and several people i know have not been able to get onto WiFi, with Error code 31020 showing up (disconnected from network during transmission). Some people have this, others don't,does anyone know what is going on?

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I'm dorming at an upstate college that uses the Clean Access Agent to get onto the net. No matter what the case, I can't get online due to my campus's network. Is there a way around it? Some people had already had their PS3's configured but I haven't seen anyone with teh wii linked to the net.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
NWC requires a large range of ports to be open on the network, which many universities are unwilling to do for security purposes. the best strategy in these cases has been to install your own ISP, get cable or DSL or whatnot.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I want to brawl one of my friends, I get the error message "Disconnected from network during transmission" Error Code: 86420.

This only happens every with only this one friend, and we don't know why.
Please help!

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
How does it decide what stage you play on? Ive noticed that i choose levels all the time but dont get them and if i choose random the stage it chooses is almost never the one we play on.

thanks

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How does it decide what stage you play on? Ive noticed that i choose levels all the time but dont get them and if i choose random the stage it chooses is almost never the one we play on.

thanks
If you are playing with one other person there is a 50% chance it will choose your stage.

If you are playing with two other people there is a 33% chance it will choose your stage.

If you are playing with three other people there is a 25% chance it will choose your stage.

It's all by chance.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Is there a team battles forum kind of the like the new members fight area

Top Bottom