• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

ArstNeio

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble getting SSB64 online to work. Every time I try to play, I get "Error while uncompressing save files. Desynch detected" or something to that effect. I tried with 2 other players, and regardless of who hosted, this happens and we can't play. We're all using Mupen64++. I also tried it with 1 other player, and I made sure all of our drivers and plugins and save file are all exactly the same, but it still happens. Anyone have a clue why?

Also we can't get p2p to work either, we have the client and forwarded the necessary port, but I can't seem to connect to him. It just hangs up on the "Connecting to [IP here]...."

Would really like to play some Smash 64; I'm in Shanghai for the summer and really craving some Smash, haha.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
What is isai's smash board name and does he play online
you shouldn't ask questions about specific people but....

1. Isai rarely plays online and when he does, it is usually p2p on a west coast server. If he is online, his name is usually Malva*MC and his ping on galaxy64 is usually around 90 on excellent.

2. His smashboards name can be found on his youtube profile located here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MevseC

If you plan on subscribing to his youtube profile, read his profile to find his rulz first.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
When I play online it stutters. Is this normal?

I know I have to Z-cancel early cause of the lag time. But is the stuttering part of online?

DMoogle

A$
Stuttering as in choppiness? Either your computer or your opponent's computer is not optimized for smash. You should be getting a constant 60fps.

If you mean delay, then that's just part of playing online. By playing with people or on servers close to you, you can reduce the delay.

zelda rocks

Smash Cadet
Which version of N-rage? The reason I asked to begin with was because I tried using DirectInput, and it provided better overall feedback than N-rage did while playing Smash...

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, now that I think about it. It should be lagspikes.

I have optimized the **** out of my computer and it definitely has the hardware.

But would I not need another person's IP for p2p? Because we'd need to be online at the same time

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Yeah, now that I think about it. It should be lagspikes.

I have optimized the **** out of my computer and it definitely has the hardware.

But would I not need another person's IP for p2p? Because we'd need to be online at the same time
Are you using a wireless connection? smash automatically lags on a wireless connection.

If you want to play p2p, just pm people from our group on smashboards or go on galaxy and ask for p2p

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Are you using a wireless connection? smash automatically lags on a wireless connection.

If you want to play p2p, just pm people from our group on smashboards or go on galaxy and ask for p2p
Nah, I'm on highspeed broadband which is why I'm wondering where the lagspikes are coming from. I do have a 70ms ping, but would that really account for the moments where it freezes?

Also, our group?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Nah, I'm on highspeed broadband which is why I'm wondering where the lagspikes are coming from. I do have a 70ms ping, but would that really account for the moments where it freezes?

Also, our group?
70 should be fine. you sure you are not talking about frame delay? (The amount of time it takes for an input to be put in and the move to come out). 70 ms ping means that you would have I think probably 6 frames (?). A frame is 1/60th of a second btw.

If you want to get p2p, check out the smash index. It might just be a server issue for you.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
No I know about frame delay. I'm just saying the fps drops a couple times every minute (or something like that)

I have the hardware to run it

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Thanks for making this.

I got a good question, can someone upload a sound pack of Smash 64 VOICES plz? Anyone got them?
WAV, or MP3 would be best. Thank you. =)
You can use the in-game sound test, and use an recording program to record the internal pc sound.

Legend_Of_Wii

Smash Rookie
Can't.

NixxxoN, I can't.

My laptop doesn't have a setting that lets me record PC Sounds by speakers instead of microphone. =(

I do have a Pinnacle Video Transfer Device that captures TV footage, gamecube and wii footage but IT WILL NOT record N64 games. =(

If anyone has zip of ripped SSB64 voices, let me know and I'll download them. I'm hoping someone has already ripped them and upload them to a site like 4shared, mediafire, megaupload or something like that.

Can someone plz rip them for me? I would really appreciate that.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
NixxxoN, I can't.

My laptop doesn't have a setting that lets me record PC Sounds by speakers instead of microphone. =(
what
unless you have a sh¡tty sound card, you can record anything
You gotta search more deeply through the sound card settings and/or the control panel

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
your capture card should be able to record n64 as well. N64 and gamecube(and snes lol) have the same avi cords so you shouldn't have a problem here.

Legend_Of_Wii

Smash Rookie
your capture card should be able to record n64 as well. N64 and gamecube(and snes lol) have the same avi cords so you shouldn't have a problem here.
Well, the reason it won't work for me is because The 3 blue lights won't appear which is very important for me to know if it's recordable. (When I play the N64, the capture card acts like I'm on the blue screen on my VCR) I think it has something to do with how the N64 is set up.

My gamecube and N64 is in my room. I can record the gamecube but not N64, it's very confusing. It should able to record the N64 but I guess the settings aren't right, or maybe not everything is recordable. =(

But hey I will keep trying until I can record a N64 game, but most of all to record SSB64.
SNES would be cool, and I do have that. :) (Yeah, I'm into old-school stuff. LOLZ! :laugh:)

Legend_Of_Wii

Smash Rookie
what
unless you have a sh¡tty sound card, you can record anything
You gotta search more deeply through the sound card settings and/or the control panel
The laptop I got was built as a business laptop not a entertainment laptop (it used to be my mom's laptop, it originally had vista but mom wanted a special order for it to be downgraded to XP Pro and gave it to me later on when my 10-year old home computer died.) The speakers may not be the best but it still has a good quality just not the best.

I'll keep trying with my capture card and get it set up the right way until it can record N64 footage.

akaravenwolf

Smash Rookie
Sorry that this has to be my first post, in this thread XD

But!

I know everyone on this forum knows what ultimate cancel is, and I know how ant-d made it. I want to know if there is a gameshark version, that allows you to move freely and cancel every move, not just aerial moves. I plan on making my own TAS videos next week, and I would like to have it. I use Project 64 to emulate.

If you do not wish to post the code here (because of cheaters) then please send me a pm.

Again, don't mean for my first post to be here or about this, but I've done a TON of research, mostly with google, and I don't want to resort to a rom disassembler and a hex editor.

Thank you,

Akaravenwolf

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
that ultimate cancel code actually does allow you to cancel every single one of every character's moves (and movement, etc). You can tell in the Samus video

if I personally had a link, I would provide it. I personally do not and I don't think you would be able to find it as he has probably not provided the code to the public (similar to any of his codes).

you will probably have to use a separate program.

N64ALWAYS

Smash Rookie
Can you get extra height out of smashing the joystick up as opposed to pressing the c-buttons?

Sangoku

Smash Master
yes, full stick jump is higher than full c button jump
But it still depends on the joystick range, doesn't it?

Anyways, I've got a question concerning the training mode. Is there a cheat that allows the CPU to tech? Because when trying combos it's hard to know if one would actually work against a real opponent.

Thanks!

rpotts

Smash Lord
try making the combo meter keep counting up for all hits that aren't throws or hits off walls. They can tech anytime the get hit into the ground, and the green blasts come up. keep in mind, they can't tech if they're already on the ground or if they git hit the frame they hit the ground.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks!

The thing is that it's hard to watch both my character and the combo meter lol.

I guess it's a matter of habits...

edit: is it a good idea to record my combos and then see if the combo meter resets? If yes, which software would you suggest knowing that fraps and screen virtuoso pro make my game lag?

rpotts

Smash Lord
honestly, i never have a problem seeing if the meter resets, after a combo is over the meter will keep showing the no of hits and damage for a second or so. Plus i find it easy to watch the combo meter while performing combos, atleast ones i've tried/completed many times before.

If you have troubles you can try recording with fraps or camstudio or whatever you wish. Fraps can make my game lag sometimes too, I don't know what program to recommend you specifically.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
do they have stale moves in this game, if so is the effect less obvious than in brawl? I dont remember ever having issues with stale moves in this game (then again i killed with either jiggs rest or u smash lol) like i do in brawl

dandan

Smash Lord
there are stale moves in 64, i dunno how they compare to brawl as i do not go near that game

The Star King

Smash Hero
You use a move ONCE, and after that it's in its most stale state. You have to use three other moves to completely unstale it again (the three other moves can be different from each other.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Stale moves do affect play a little at higher levels; I usually have to have some idea of which moves are stale so that my Combos turn out OK.

Top Bottom