• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
will do! go back a page theres something you need to see.

ehh. most of those situations were completely unrealistic. not to mention he was beatting down sitting ducks. i mean nothing personally to this guy, but id love to see him use ness at a place like foxs. it sure was fun to watch though, good vid.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
The beauty of training mode combos is the combo itself. Sure, you can be realistic and say "with DI you can get out of it" but that's not the point of training mode combos.

NTA

Smash Lord
What happened to the picture thread here? There was one for smashers and stuff. Now I only see the other one...

i suppose your right, whats DI?
D.I. is a Southern California punk band featuring ex-Adolescents and Social Distortion drummer Casey Royer on vocals. Royer formed the group after he and former Social Distortion original member Rikk Agnew (also formerly of Christian Death), left the original Mike Ness crew.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
What happened to the picture thread here? There was one for smashers and stuff. Now I only see the other one...

D.I. is a Southern California punk band featuring ex-Adolescents and Social Distortion drummer Casey Royer on vocals. Royer formed the group after he and former Social Distortion original member Rikk Agnew (also formerly of Christian Death), left the original Mike Ness crew.
lol. thank you for random DI band info

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ciaza, if he likes ballin's play more than Isai's (no offense ballin') why would he be impressed by Ricky?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I thought the deciding factor was combos, since he liked ballin's vid more than Isai's.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
-its impressive when people cant get out of them.

battlecow, is your name battlecow because rawshack has black spots like a cow.

Battlecow

Play to Win
1. Isai's combos are better than ballin's

2. No, battlecow is like my middle and last names kind of.

Battlecow

Play to Win
na, middle name's Streed, which comes from the Swedish Strid, which means battle- it's my mother's maiden name, and my grandfather took it before WWII because there were too many Gustafsons in his regiment or w/e. My last name's Bullock, which is like a cow. Hence battlecow.

SUPER COOL STORY, SO INTERESTING, mirite guyz?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
aahahahah that was alott more complicated than i would have imaginedd.. battlecow whattre you doing up so late? schoool tommorow fml.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Isai may be able to combo better than ballin, but in matches I think I remember ballin saying that he likes to extend his combos (being flashy, etc), to keep them going when they could end a lot sooner.

Isai for the most part tends to be more efficient in matches. To use the least amount of moves but still get the kill. It also helps that the link to ballin was a combo compilation.

Battlecow

Play to Win
His gameplay is an insane combo video. If you can't see it... who knows.

Even if he is effective over flashy, he does stuff that's way too cool for words in virtually any match you pick out of his YT channel.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
He does a lot of subtle, technical stuff that normal people wouldn't even think to do during matches. That's what makes Isai so impressive to watch.

I don't see many people using Yoshi's second jump to land on platforms quicker during actual matches. That's just one example.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
ive tried but i cant seem to connect anything other than fairs/bairs. ive kind of got bair, bair, uair. thanks for the response though.
You could also try connecting a reverse-bair.
Fthrow -> sh-reverse-bair; to get familiar with his movements.

Anyway, about this...

it took me about one full day of getting used to but i also play emulator and use an xbox controller(set up like a hori) and its not very hard at all.
So, is it an xBox 360 controller?
How does it work with project64 for smash??

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
You could also try connecting a reverse-bair.
Fthrow -> sh-reverse-bair; to get familiar with his movements.

Anyway, about this...

So, is it an xBox 360 controller?
How does it work with project64 for smash??
i got fthrow -> sh-reverse-bair down :p its just connecting a longer combo other than one or two bairs.

also idk if it works on project64 because i still havent gotten windows on my mac but the hori pad http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mnqHoYcfhMU/S9Nhu6d9hgI/AAAAAAAABOE/plOoTqWnd_Y/s1600/HoriPadMini003.jpg this is the one i have and it has the z button right under the L or R buttons instead of under the controller. so it gets a bit getting used to but it works fine. (pretty sure people are using horis for p64 so its ok)

Battlecow

Play to Win
He does a lot of subtle, technical stuff that normal people wouldn't even think to do during matches. That's what makes Isai so impressive to watch.

I don't see many people using Yoshi's second jump to land on platforms quicker during actual matches. That's just one example.
He also does combos that anyone with a lick of sense knows are insane. That's why you get Youtube scrubs adoring him superhard in the comments sections along with me and A$.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
at home i've got my hori hooked up to my crappy old windows XP computer with some outdated(?) version of nrage (trying to get a new one crashed the emu to all hell. tried twice)

so

does anyone know what the ideal Deadzone, Default Analog Stick Range, and Threshhold are? for making it as close as possible to console that is

i've got 0% deadzone, 100% range, and ~60% threshhold atm and it feels kinda wierd

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
wtf? who is nourteken three?

will someone do me a favor? i think i almost got online setup. just a few more things.

when you go to pj64k, click options, and than click settings. what are the nams of the video audio and input?

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
play around with them until you get something that works well for you. i'm currently running Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 video plugin Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) audio plugin N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 1.61 controller plugin. until i got those set up properly, i was having some WEIIIIIIRD issues with pj64k.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
1, i have no idea what to do after i hit the start net play thingg.
2, if mine dont work, how do you change them?

Battlecow

Play to Win
You're gonna want to join "The Galaxy," which is the main smash server for North America. Its IP is 69.172.242.150:27888; click "add server" or whatever and enter that as the IP, then click on it to connect.

As for plugins, you should be able to click on the little arrow thingy next to where it says your current plugin in settings and then select any of the other plugins you have.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
great! thanks for the galaxy info. allthough im a little bit confused as to where to put the ip..

oh and battlecow! well, and i guess anyone who still thinks im a troll.. my adaptor is on its wayy, im just a few steps away from having online configured correctly, and im officially on the apex attende list! today was quite succesfull lol.

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
once you hit netplay, you've got a couple options: there might be some servers on the list already, this is your list of 'local' servers, you can add to and delete from this list as you wish. at the bottom you have three options (that are important) you can look at the waiting games list, the anti3d server list, or the master server list. waiting games list doesn't take into account how close the server is so that one's pretty much useless, you might as well find the server's page and wait for a game to start rather than finding a smash game and hoping it's on a server near you.
honestly, not sure on the difference between the server lists, but you should be able to click on either and once it loads, one of the first choices should be the galaxy. add that to your local servers list, it's more convenient that way.
once you're in the galaxy, you've got your chat on the left, list of connectees on the right, and games on the bottom. there's a create button to host a game, or you can double-click a game that has space and hasn't started.
i think that's pretty much all you need to know - the intro to kaillera i kinda wish i had a week ago, when i started.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
thannnks so much man! im ganna check it out now and tell you how it wentt. yeahh its been ten days since ive started. i really lucked out though because people keep feeding me information. its the best.

ohh, but whats the deel with the ip that battlecow spoke of earlier, where do i paste it?

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
you shouldn't need to paste it...if you do what i said, you can find it that way. although, if you wanted...you can click "add" and put in a name and ip address.(it's on the page with the local servers) but i never bothered with that.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yeahh ill justt do it that wayy, i tried it the other way and was confusedd. thanks thoughh. aha, how are you enjoying the online experience?

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
well...it's awesome. but it seems like...50% of the time i can get good games, as in little lag/desynch issues... (although part of that may be the fact that i'm using a pretty old pc...and i'm at college sharing an ancient router with 31 other guys...) the rest of the time...it seems like 40% are too far below my level, i try playing my worst character and i still 3-stock them or so... another 40% are beyond my level and i get crushed... then there's that 20% that is either just below my level(fun...i can work on my link or jiggs) at my level(good, of course) or just above my level(which is incredible...i really have to try hard to do well...it's SO much fun)

just (hopefully) got p2p set up though, which should help with lag issues. and computer administrator should hopefully get us a new internet setup sometime in the future. thing is, i have no one to test my p2p out with...
other than that, it's absolutely incredible. just the fact that i get to play smash pretty much whenever i want...i got super excited when i found out some of the other guys in my house played n64 and at that, smash - but then i just crushed them. damn.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
ahaha i can agree with this post on so many different levels.

Firstly- i loooovee playing people who are better than me. Not better like they totally embarass you and dont loose a life.. because that totally sucks. butt better enough where you have to try your absolute hardest to win. its a blast.

and i see where your coming fromm with crushing your friends. i allways ask kids in my schoool if they play and alot of them are like "yeah yeah im mad goood"- lies lies lies. its soo dissapointing.. allthough, i played my teaher once, and he was surprisengly goood for a link player.

secondly, ill try out your p2p if noone else will, i mean once i work it out myself at leastt.

i wouldent actually fight you because i allreaddy have a first match set up against another kid, but if you just wanna see if it works i'll help you out.

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
exactly.

yeah, it even happened with my cousin...he's the type that if he thinks he's good he'll talk crap NONSTOP and then actually what happened was my brother beat him...so i never bothered playing him. this was back when ness was my main, and me and my brothers were at that level of play where ness's comeback isn't an issue but his spike will wreck your world. that was the only time i was ever better than my brothers, we've been even ever since then. there's them, and two other kids(that i grew up with, so we've all been playing smash together for a while), and actually another of my friends i found out recently that plays smash bros and isn't like everyone else you meet and was pretty damn good...those are all the people i know that're at my level. ...THEN i set up online play.

all right sweet. yeah, i know all about your match against battlecow...i really wanna see the outcome. if you actually do even decent against him, then when we p2p you'll probably crush me. but...we'll have to see how that goes first before we can judge. i haven't played him, but i'm pretty sure he's in the top ten of north america, so...

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yeahh i hear you.

i dont know if you know diablo or not? but hes my training partnerr, so for the longest time we would justt beat down him and his neighbors. i never really took the game seriously because i had no idea i would ever get the chance to play online. so, i eventuallyy post like this huge event thing on facebook hoping that i would discover some hidden talent you know? noppe. they all were reallyy badd. i was prettyy sad.. anyway! basicallyy me and diablo have been looking to find someone to contend with us for a while. so this online thing should be fun.

and on the topic of ness, its soooo funny when people find out how bad his recovery is. i see it happan all the time, they find out that if they fall of the edge theyll almost allways lose a stock, and than they just drop himm. i main ness, and i remember when i found outt ahah. i was crushed. Oh well! guess ill have to be carefull aha.

and about battlecow, i had no idea he was top 10 in north america aha! what the helll? im reallly excited now!
oh and even if i do do decent against him, have confidence man! you used to main ness, maybee youll know every trick up my sleeve?;)

Top Bottom