• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I just got the Mayflash adapter. I can calibrate my controller in windows, but I can't get it working in the emulator. Is there a specific plugin I should choose? I've tried a lot of them (and I've unchecked raw data wherever I saw it), and nothing has worked.

SadColor

Smash Rookie
I think in some versions, you have to set the input method or whatever to the adapter. Newer ones don't need to do this.

EDIT: Talking about NRage how do I miss these obvious things weoiatgjklds;lkdfd

Battlecow

Play to Win
use Nrage v 1.61 or 1.83

I don't know why it wouldn't be working in emulator... you might be missing something simple?

Battlecow

Play to Win
wait, really? I always move the stick left and right for X axis and up and down for Y axis, are you sure it's supposed to be C buttons?

hey make sure in the little window you select "n64 adapter" or whatever instead of just leaving it on "none"

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
hey is there an easier way to do dair off platforms without fastfalling? i like doing dairs with falcon off platforms but i always fastfall and SD. is it just gonna have to be long hours of practice until i get it..? also how do you approach with luigi... T-T

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
buffer down

Luigi never approaches. Ever.

mix up dash-ins with like, sh f-airs, luigi sucks at getting in[/spoiler
yea i just hate being campy but i love luigi :/

how would you buffer down? do you just hold down before going off the edge and let momentum do its thing? i still either keep fastfalling or crouching before the edge. is it a timing thing?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
oh damn, i gave keyboard instructions, my bad

if you're using controller, just tilt ever so slightly down...guess you gotta go to practice mode for that, sorry :\

and if you are actually on keyboard, just hold the down button during the running animation, let go of forward once you're off the edge, then press A

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
hey is there an easier way to do dair off platforms without fastfalling? i like doing dairs with falcon off platforms but i always fastfall and SD. is it just gonna have to be long hours of practice until i get it..? also how do you approach with luigi... T-T
press z(or hold r till u get a sheild[LOL]) then as you press down on the joystick, keep the joystick in the down position and press a or r; voila, platform dropped down air.

if you ALWAYS fastfall after platform dropping then either
A:you don't have practice with stick control for tilting/subtle horizontal movement, or
B:your settings are way too sensitive for your general way of play
IF A: practice running short hop up airs (lag cancelled) with fox in melee, no c-stick; or whatever you want i suppose...
IF B: turn ur range lower and ur deadzone higher(between 80-90 range and 5-8 deadzone may help)

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
press z(or hold r till u get a sheild[LOL]) then as you press down on the joystick, keep the joystick in the down position and press a or r; voila, platform dropped down air.

if you ALWAYS fastfall after platform dropping then either
A:you don't have practice with stick control for tilting/subtle horizontal movement, or
B:your settings are way too sensitive for your general way of play
IF A: practice running short hop up airs (lag cancelled) with fox in melee, no c-stick; or whatever you want i suppose...
IF B: turn ur range lower and ur deadzone higher(between 80-90 range and 5-8 deadzone may help)
hmm I think I may be talking about the wrong thing. I understand platform dropping with shield through platforms and that's not where I have the problem but I meant running off the dreamland edge and doing a soft dair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSp6xIl0PA#t=00m29s what I want to do is what Boom does at the end of this combo but running off if that makes sense.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Or if you're Star King learn the timing for pressing A while you're going down with the joystick. This way you don't need to be sensitive with the joystick tilt (just smash it down), but you need to press A at the right time. If you don't understand why that would work, check the technical data thread.

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
I just DI like that one classic japanese vid, where the guy holds the stick to one side, then moves the entire controller up and down...**** DI. It works for me pretty well :)

(Also, side-question about DI...does anyone know what version the celaya folks are using? because I don't think I've seen much DI in the tourney vids)

Battlecow

Play to Win
they're playing (U) just like us, north and south america are both on the same version

they just have not-terribly-good DI

B Link

Smash Lord
I just DI like that one classic japanese vid, where the guy holds the stick to one side, then moves the entire controller up and down...**** DI. It works for me pretty well :)

(Also, side-question about DI...does anyone know what version the celaya folks are using? because I don't think I've seen much DI in the tourney vids)
**** DI? I've never heard of this. Should I try this when I get home? o_o

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
NEVER HEARD OF ****, maybe YBOMBB can show you FIRST HAND what it is when you guys "meet up" again for that "tourney," BTW your "pika" is going to have to get past his "jiggs;" you guys should "team" tho

lol, can be read with or without quotes

:phone:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
that method of DI has never worked too well for me - feels like the stick doesn't move enough for it to register. although this might be due to bad stick range or poor ****ing ability.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I lol'd Mint. Also Peek isn't around to point out birthdays anymore. I remember I was gonna point out his last year in return for him always doing it but I forgot \(^o^)/

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I got my online working perfectly and just need to invest in a solid controller now. Is there a consensus about which controller is the best for online play? I used a wired xbox controller for a while and it worked nicely but its only avialable online here. So, if I'm going online and playing about 50$ anyway, I figured I might as well get the best one possibly. How are the PS3 controllers, or the n64 adapters (i have several n64 controllers I could use)? I'd prefer wired just for the most reliable input without any delay.

thanks

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
K so im giving up on n64 controller. Can't stand the joystick anymore. Is a Hori much better and does it work with a mayflash adapter?

Top Bottom