• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

aske91

Smash Rookie
I Have a question regarding netplay. When I press netplay it says an error has been detected and it has to shut down.
playing offline works fine.
I use
Video plugin: Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40
Audio plugin: Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)
Input plugin: Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40

// Aske

DMoogle

A$
aske91: I think someone posted that that happens when you have the ROM in the same folder as the emulator. Either put them in a different directory, or in a subfolder.

aske91

Smash Rookie
I don´t have the ROM and the emulator in the same folder. is it possible that some settings may be wrong? Coz I haven´t changed them since I got it.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I think that error is caused by a firewall or something. I used to have that problem a while back.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
yeah, kaillera clients with false positive signatures in them are detected as spyware by some programs

aske91

Smash Rookie
I got it from http://pj64k.emulation64.com/
how do I Check the kaillera?
is there a way to download just kailera? I got the Kaillera 0.9

Edit: I managed to open the kaillera but then it started lagging when searching for server list.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
If you just want to play on servers, that Kaillera is fine. Sometimes the server list messes up with old Kaillera (which is what is packaged with what you have), try again later. There's a better Kaillera out there that has P2P and playback (for recording) integrated, can't remember where to dl it though :\

aske91

Smash Rookie
I hope it will turn out fine, tho I have tried it for like 20 times.
Someone knows where I can dl a "Working" Kaillera

remedys

Smash Cadet
this just happened yesterday when i was playing at my friends house. samus can up+b one of links bombs and its like shes up+b'ing another character. is this well known?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
this just happened yesterday when i was playing at my friends house. samus can up+b one of links bombs and its like shes up+b'ing another character. is this well known?
Yeah. Link can also neutral A the bomb like if it were another character but it has to be done with precision or else it'll explode on you.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
hori mini pads have gamecube-like joysticks but the feel of the controller will need time to get used to

firo

Smash Ace
I find the hori mini pad to even better than the original controller in all respects. I just wish it worked with some adapter...

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Do Fire jump punch (Luigi's point-blank upB), DK's fully charged punch, and Falcon punch have invincibility frames anywhere? You can trap them in the Ultimate glitch, but I'm not sure if it's because they are actually invincible then, or just have very high priority.

I know for sure things like the beginning of PK comet and the first couple frames of rest, shine, screw attack, quick attack etc. have invincibility frames. I just wasn't sure about these other three.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
How about with Yoshi?
Jump, double jump, then use an attack and make sure to z-cancel it when you land. It's that simple. The actual application of it in combos and real matches is a little less so. You can very the height of your DJC by changing the time when you use your double jump. Each of Yoshi's moves will require a certain DJC height for it to actually have time to come out.

DMoogle

A$
Jump, double jump, then use an attack and make sure to z-cancel it when you land. It's that simple. The actual application of it in combos and real matches is a little less so. You can vary the height of your DJC by changing the time when you attack. Each of Yoshi's moves will require a certain DJC height for it to actually have time to come out.
Fixed your post.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
To the person who was trying to get project64k working but it kept crashing when you press "Start Netplay":

I have this problem with my kaillera client as well. If I press start netplay, it crashes as it tries to find servers. What I do to stop this is I press "stop" just as it starts searching for servers... though you have to do this as soon as it starts looking for servers. Don't refresh the server list, since this is what is causing the emulator to crash. Instead, click on "enter server ip" (or whatever it's called), then enter the IP, then you'll get into the server. I'm pretty sure you have the exact same problem as me, so try this and it should work.

When I try to get it to work, it takes about 10 - 15 tries before I click fast enough to stop the emulator from searching for servers... so it may take a few tries but it works.

DMoogle

A$
For Pika, how do you go from jab to throw without having to wait for the jab ending animation lag? Also, how do you up-B across the ground twice (you hear three sounds)? I can do both of these occasionally, but not sure what the required input is.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hi! I just had a quick, little question: when was Z-canceling first discovered? Was it used after L-canceling was discovered in Melee, or did competitive players use it in 64 long before Melee was even around?

I don't have any experience with this game at all, so I'm sorry if this comes off as really scrubby or something. I was just curious, and would like to know when it first started being used. Thanks for your help! <3

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For the jab to grab, you press grab immediately after one of the jabs (almost as if you're pressing a and r at the same time, but r slightly after). So it would be something like a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ar.

For the up-B twice across the ground, lets say you were going to the right. What I do is up-B to the right first, then angle my second one downwards. Basically, while on the ground, an up-B downwards makes you go sideways in the direction your controller is more pointing in (so down right will make you go right, down left makes you go left). Straight down makes you go right for some reason. So doing two up-B's angled downwards and to the right that are over 45 degrees apart will result in two up-B's in one direction.

Edit for Rickety's question:

Z-cancelling was known well before melee. If I remember right, Nintendo had a site for various advanced techniques including Z-cancelling, so it was known as soon as the game was released.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble setting up my replica N64 controller to my laptop. I'm using a double-controller socket N64 USB adapter but I can't get the game to register my control. I'm getting frustrated...don't know what to do.

The 64 controller and the USB adapter didn't come with a CD to install since both companies said there was no need for it and it's auto-detected or something. No need for drivers etc etc..Both controller ports of the USB adapter are registered by the game....it has it's name but when I try to manually register the buttons...it does something weird...and it auto assigns Button 9 to everything or something...it'll do that for every button I try to manually install so it gets synced up with the emulator etc etc (not sure if it's suppose to already be auto-detected since it isn't...)

Here is the link to the N64 USB Adapter thing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390110916955&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Here is the link to the controller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310173317428&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I can make a screen capture video if you'd like to show you better...if this isn't an obvious question that comes up frequently that you can handle right away...just let me know.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
This never actually happened, did it?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194435

When I checked the results, Alancitu wasn't there

Edit: Also, to clarify my previous question, what I essentially wish to know is what happens if a Falcon punch hits a Jigglypuff right as she does downB? (and same for if a DK punch hit her or a sweetspotted luigi upB hit her as she rested) I would check this out myself if I had time.

Frogles

Smash Ace
Hi! I just had a quick, little question: when was Z-canceling first discovered? Was it used after L-canceling was discovered in Melee, or did competitive players use it in 64 long before Melee was even around?

I don't have any experience with this game at all, so I'm sorry if this comes off as really scrubby or something. I was just curious, and would like to know when it first started being used. Thanks for your help! <3
http://web.archive.org/web/19991117180837/http://smashbros.com/moves_advattacklanding.html

aske91

Smash Rookie
To the person who was trying to get project64k working but it kept crashing when you press "Start Netplay":

I have this problem with my kaillera client as well. If I press start netplay, it crashes as it tries to find servers. What I do to stop this is I press "stop" just as it starts searching for servers... though you have to do this as soon as it starts looking for servers. Don't refresh the server list, since this is what is causing the emulator to crash. Instead, click on "enter server ip" (or whatever it's called), then enter the IP, then you'll get into the server. I'm pretty sure you have the exact same problem as me, so try this and it should work.

When I try to get it to work, it takes about 10 - 15 tries before I click fast enough to stop the emulator from searching for servers... so it may take a few tries but it works.
I made it work by dl a new kaillera, and it works every time now. I don´t wanna rely on luck when I wanna play, tho I would probably tried that if my kaillera still crashed.
Thanks anyway

Top Bottom