• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Right now, I'm playing Smash 64 on Wii64 (only way to use a GC controller) and I'm wondering if there's any way I can cut some of the lag that I keep getting.

I don't think I can, but it's worth asking.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Noobish question, but just what is the deal with all these ixis on kaillera? there're about a hundred and six of them, they're all quite good, and they're always there. Is it a clan or something? why is nearly every good person in it?

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Right now, I'm playing Smash 64 on Wii64 (only way to use a GC controller) and I'm wondering if there's any way I can cut some of the lag that I keep getting.

I don't think I can, but it's worth asking.
You can get a .wad file and install it as a channel that works perfectly. You'll have to look up how to do it yourself though.

And I think it is coming out on North American VC like this week anyway, if it isn't out already.

DMoogle

A$
Noobish question, but just what is the deal with all these ixis on kaillera? there're about a hundred and six of them, they're all quite good, and they're always there. Is it a clan or something? why is nearly every good person in it?
You must be playing different people than I am, or on a different server.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol, I should have clarified:

They're all very good compared to me

most of the people who kick my butt (60% or more) are iXis

DMoogle

A$
iXi is one of the oldest surviving clans on Galaxy 64 and Emularena. They also, IMO, have consistently had the worst ratio of douchebags:cool people compared to any other smash clan I know of (however, not all iXi members are douchebags).

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
History coming

Basically...what it used to be was that you were either in iXi or you weren't in any clan.

iXi eventually split down into iXi (with ^'s above the i's) for the admins and top people, and iXi for all other members...and into SG and similar clans. PPS came out and other clans, many of which are dead today (such as MC, which was Isai/Malva's clan)

The rest of the people who use iXi, PPS, or other tags (like SG) are just due to tradition

SSBPete

Smash Lord
can someone please send me a link to a simple, if not the easiest 0 to death combo with fox. i never play fox so i need some practice. plus my bro bet me $5 that i wont be able to 0 to death with him by the end of the year.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Were there any conditions or limitations to the type of 0-death combos acceptible? If not, backthrow someone off of mushroom kingdom. instant win in the bet :p

What you could always do is the up-air infinite, then end it with a full up-air for the kill. Once you get the timing right, it's a very simple combo. But then again, DI removes it... so... depending on the conditions of your bet, that may not count either.

The easiest 'true' 0-death combo with fox would probably be a hyrule tent combo.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
thanks for the advice, i'll look into a tent combo :p but i was thinking more something like uair - dair - utilt - dair - dtilt - dair - shine - jab - upsmash. <--- thats an example, i know its not a real combo.
i just need a link i can copy from.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
If your brother can't DI, that combo'll work.

If he can, just go with a tent combo (grab > jab > grab > jab > grab > n-air off the tent > land on the left side > U-Smash), and don't take no for an answer when he complains that you're abusing the stage.

D

Deleted member

with your opponents back to a wall and he doesn't know how to DI good:

jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab (till killing percent) up smash

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
can someone please send me a link to a simple, if not the easiest 0 to death combo with fox. i never play fox so i need some practice. plus my bro bet me $5 that i wont be able to 0 to death with him by the end of the year.
Tell me who the opponent character is and I'll give you a zero-to-death to practice on Hyrule.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
What is the origin of "gimp" used in "gimp kill" or "gimping"?

Surely not from Pulp Fiction? doesn't seem related

dch111

Smash Journeyman
gimp = low percent edgeguard kill.
Yes, but what does it mean normally, outside of smash? where did it come from?

SSBPete, you sure? I never heard it used that way before.

ciaza, any low percent kill, which is usually from an edgeguard (suicides don't count). You can also gimp by doing a back throw on the sides of Mushroom Kingdom.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Go ask in the Melee threads? A lot of terms were coined during Melee's rise.

Aside from the Pulp Fiction definition, I've heard the word gimp used by smashers in place of the word 'own', 'burn' or 'school', as in the verb, like: "You just got schooled."

SSBPete

Smash Lord

ciaza, any low percent kill, which is usually from an edgeguard (suicides don't count). You can also gimp by doing a back throw on the sides of Mushroom Kingdom.
i heard the word gimp long before i played this game. its just an insult. it was probly first said by someone who got killed at like 40% and said "you gimp".

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Yes Pete is correct. Outside of smash it originally just meant 'a limp'. Then people started calling people who walked with a limp gimps. It then became used as an insult towards people who were weak (As people who walked with a limp were generally weak).

In other games (RP games) gimp is used to describe a weak item that is held by someone with a strong level. It is their gimp.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Easy fox on fox training mode zero death combo:

Be player 1, go into training mode, pick hyrule.

Go the the right side of fox (so you're facing left)

sh uair, utilt, dtilt, uair, uair, (face right) double jump fair, (fast fall if necessary) fair, usmash

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Easy fox on fox training mode zero death combo:

Be player 1, go into training mode, pick hyrule.

Go the the right side of fox (so you're facing left)

sh uair, utilt, dtilt, uair, uair, (face right) double jump fair, (fast fall if necessary) fair, usmash
thanks alot. i'll give it a shot. if you dont mind, would u post a vid please?

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in this too.

What is Link's fastest out-of-shield attack? I'm guessing it's his up-B or jump/d-air, but not sure which.
According to Antd's attack start-up data ( http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2VcZS6YDXFZBqNHNze3oUw&gid=2 ), upB has 9 frames while dair has 6 frames of start-up lag. So if you can get into the air within 2 frames, then jump-->dair is faster. If you can jump by 3 frames, they are equal. Otherwise, upB is faster. But I don't have any data on the pre-jump animations nor on what frame you can do a dair the earliest so...

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I found it while hardcore combing through posts, and out of good luck just happened to bookmark it. This forum has a long history and wealth of information, and most of it isn't indexed.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
The brothers have fast reaction times from all their years dodging shells and fireballs

Top Bottom