• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
If Meta isnt banned after the top 10 in Genesis in MK, Im going Brawl+ until he is banned.

Which means Im going Brawl+ Marth Permanently. :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Doesn't seem to be good money in brawl+ ;_;.

money money monayyyyyyyyyy, DONALD TRUMP STYLE.

But seriously, meta knight needs a break.

I do find it lol that EL is all over brawl+. I bet if people had an easy and practical way of 'melting down' and reforming melee they would have.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Im okay at Brawl I guess...and its pretty boring.

I SUCK at Melee, and its fun as ****.

Im okay at Brawl+ and its fun.

I wont be winning much money in Florida anymore unless I learn Falco for D3 or pick up MK. Its not me, its Marth, and its very upsetting.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
But us humans cant be perfect, so I guess we cant win. Time to pick up MK rofl.

Btw, I only attend like large tourneys here (140 ppl last time)

Its like, MK, Dedede, Snake, MK, Dedede, Dedede, Dedede, MK, Dedede, Dedede. (Not literally)

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
lol I know what you mean but, its just something we gotta work on as a player

The closer we get to playing perfect the better off we'll be in the long run

basically we can't make mistakes or we get hurt pretty badly, unlike if I make a mistake with any other char. I can get away with it, or I don't have to worry about if my spacing is dead on.

I can essentially attack freely but with Marth its a no go :(

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Yeah thats true, I just feel everything Ive been working on in the past year is all going to be wasted.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
how do you get good with Marth this is frustrating.
You need to learn each and every move Marth can do and when to do them. To place well you basically need to play perfectly and be consistent.

Play opponents, get critiqued, look over what you did right and what you did wrong. Keep working at it, itll pay off.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You need to learn each and every move Marth can do and when to do them. To place well you basically need to play perfectly and be consistent.

Play opponents, get critiqued, look over what you did right and what you did wrong. Keep working at it, itll pay off.
Grrr that may be a problem considering I'm balls inconsistent. Hopefully I can get to apex it's dumb close to me so I should be able to attend as long as my mom isn't a stupid about it. Yeah and you guys don't like critiquing wifi matches so that's pretty much out of the question. Me beating up lvl 9 and my little cousin or my friends won't be much of a critique either.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Ill critique one of your wifi matches if you really want to. Better yet Ill PLAY you on wifi if you really want to.

Also at Apex, make sure you play tons of players that are better then you and get *****. Then ask them for advice and stuff. Thats more important then winning to me.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Ill critique one of your wifi matches if you really want to. Better yet Ill PLAY you on wifi if you really want to.

Also at Apex, make sure you play tons of players that are better then you and get *****. Then ask them for advice and stuff. Thats more important then winning to me.

Yeah I think that's why VC failed I got there like 20 minutes before singles started was able to get in 2 friendlies then got kicked from the TV. It was cool cause pierce7d was giving me tips. I would like to play you on wifi. But I'm at school right now we can play either later tonight or 2morrow when I don't have class.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Good luck at Gigs ZMT. Stop being emo about your Marth before Viet comes here and complains about you taking his job.

Like Kadaj, have some faith. And don't go to Brawl+ >> The community there seems small....Maybe it's just me.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Good luck at Gigs ZMT. Stop being emo about your Marth before Viet comes here and complains about you taking his job.

Like Kadaj, have some faith. And don't go to Brawl+ >> The community there seems small....Maybe it's just me.
They are small or maybe its just brawl is big? IDK i'm not to big on brawl+ I'd try it but it seems more of a hassle than anything considering I'm trying to improve in brawl and playing brawl+ will only hinder that.

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
What's the best way of dealing with MK when recovering horizontally? (at the level under the level)

MK falls of the edge and does his fair or jumps after falling and does his nair. If I go low I usually get edgehogged and when I stall with my dancing blade I usually get hit by an aerial.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I seriously want to pick up Metaknight. Im really ****ed off right now.
Maybe you should lead a "Lets all main MK, that'll show em" movement. Everyone will then main mk and brawl will lose all its appeal at the tournament level. Inevitably MK will have to be removed from tourney play altogether. That or everyone will migrate to that degenerate melee-wannable barwl + and Viet's pessimistic dreams will have come true.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Okay, maybe a nooby question but wtf is brawl+ and why is marth 50% more **** in it?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
That or everyone will migrate to that degenerate melee-wannable barwl + and Viet's pessimistic dreams will have come true.
I'm going to stomp you and your ignorant comment into the ground until you scream mercy on the ground, your face covered with dirt, your mouth full of it, with ants attacking your tongue vigorously.

And even then I won't stop. See sig for more details. ^_^

And don't go to Brawl+ >> The community there seems small....Maybe it's just me.
It won't get bigger unless people play the game lol.

I MEAN THAT'S HOW IT WORKS MIRITE?

Marth ***** more in B+ because the game doesn't suck. That is all.

Top Bottom