• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
how pivotal is it to be able to do falcos side B correct. I'm talking about the one where it seems like he doesnt even leave the ground. i do it very close, but u can tell he leaves the ground/

PZ

Smash Lord
how pivotal is it to be able to do falcos side B correct. I'm talking about the one where it seems like he doesnt even leave the ground. i do it very close, but u can tell he leaves the ground/
What I do is jump cancel fox's down b from a dash. Other than that it shouldnt be hard to perform if you can do rising aerials.

Vlade

Social Outcast
It's very important because there is very little cooldown lag when you perform it right. What I do is I press y with my thumb then immediately slide it to the b button whilst pressing right or left. The idea is that you perform the sideb the instant you jump.

What I do is jump cancel fox's down b from a dash. Other than that it shouldnt be hard to perform if you can do rising aerials.
What? Firstly, this is the Falco boards, not Fox. Secondly, you can't jump cancel down b moves.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
What? Firstly, this is the Falco boards, not Fox. Secondly, you can't jump cancel down b moves.
I'm guessing he's talking about how its the same timing as Running, jumping, and immediately pressing downB/SideB.

Makes sense yes, albeit a bit confusing considering this is the Falco Boards.
Honestly your thumb needs to hit a jump button then Side+B IMMEDIATELY, if you're having trouble try switching an unused shoulder button to SPECIAL and then try that

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if any of you ever played mvc2, and played charlie in it.

he had an aerial downwards flash kick in that game that in order to perform you had to do an up to forward quarter circle with an attack button.

Thats how I do my IAPs

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
^Instant Aerial Phantasm. Its done by using side B as soon as you jump, so the phantasm has less landing lag. I find it easier to IAP with the L button set to jump.

PZ

Smash Lord
It's very important because there is very little cooldown lag when you perform it right. What I do is I press y with my thumb then immediately slide it to the b button whilst pressing right or left. The idea is that you perform the sideb the instant you jump.

Im sry just poining out a relation:urg:

hit down(teabag)<BDACUS epic mindgame or impossible?

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
dumb question, more related to fighting falco than to using him.

When you DI out of his third jab, do you just smash the c stick in the opposite direction or is there a specific pattern that has to be followed with both c stick and control stick?

dumb question, more related to fighting falco than to using him.

When you DI out of his third jab, do you just smash the c stick in the opposite direction or is there a specific pattern that has to be followed with both c stick and control stick?
There is multiple ways to do it:
-One of the more difficult methods might be trying to dual stick DI. The idea is that you just repeatedly tap both sticks in the same direction. It does not really matter which direction, but you have to keep tapping in the same direction until you are out of the attack.

-Another method is simply holding the control stick in a direction. This is the easiest method. You hold the control stick away from falco, and you move out of the attack. Not exactly the best position to punish falco for using that attack though. Never hold towards falco or down as that keeps you in the attack longer. Holding the control stick up will pops you up and you might be able to jump out or use an aerial after popping out of the attack.

-The final method I can think of is a combination of holding the control stick in a direction and tapping the c-stick. If you hold up, the attack will move you up, and mashing the c-stick for a characters fasted aerial to come out the moment you are out of the attack. Another option is hold the control stick towards Falco and down, then tap the c-stick towards falco in the effort to DI behind him.

My method for falco is hold up-right on the control stick while hitting the fastest aerial to come out. This pushes me out of the attack and closer to falco so the aerial will hit him once I get out of the attack. Even if he ends the attack, he will be in the middle of ending lag and I will still be moving closer to falco with that aerial.

Edit: The other option I guess would be to use a characters UpB like marth or MK, but I am not sure how that DI works. Every time I try it, I end up attacking above falco without hitting him.

PZ

Smash Lord
Not possible.
Is possible I done it with sheik b4 or was that somehow DACUS....shiek has the hardest right? I can do DACUS now easily and BDACUS and that buffered dash action also but not on wifi=(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q45pYwqCekU
Does dehf bdacus or simply dacus for the kills?
1st kill BDACUS 2nd kill DACUS 3rd kill DACUS
You can easily tell if he is doing either 1 cuz when u DACUS u HAV to charge at least a bit.

Hey, no need to be sorry. Just make it clear that you're pointing out a connection next time :)
Ok but im not good at explaining things.:c

Denzi

Smash Master
It's not possible because crouch doesn't prevent you from doing other things. you'll start to move/act the second you input, leaving no time to buffer anything.

I'm 95% sure.

A bdacus is really nothing more than a tool-assisted input. You abuse the games ability to do things frame perfect for you by using buffering. That is to say that everything in this game should be possible without buffering. Why is it that we have varying lengths of Dacus to begin with? It is all do with timing and inputs. Even though you cannot bdacus out of a crouch, I believe you can achieve the full length merely by getting the timing down.

One method I have been using all the time seems to have good results. Up-forward dash with the control stick into a c-stick down, z button. Up-forward removes the traditional push forward then slide up. Which menas room for error is reduced.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, if for something you need two identical inputs within 2 frames (i.e. diddy's dacus), you can't do it except by buffering, since the game will read the 2 inputs as one.

PZ

Smash Lord
Every charcter can.
Blub I imagined this in my head during school...and I want you to try it sense you have mastered both forms of DACUS.

Can you do a backwards BDACUS after ftilt sending any character the opposite direction in mid or mid high percentages such as 60%-90%?

That be awesome to watch.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Seems dumb to me. Why can this game not be simple and fun anymore?

Denzi

Smash Master
It is to me.
And it's still rather simple overall.
And honestly, when you practice things like BDACUS enough they become second nature.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Blub I imagined this in my head during school...and I want you to try it sense you have mastered both forms of DACUS.

Can you do a backwards BDACUS after ftilt sending any character the opposite direction in mid or mid high percentages such as 60%-90%?

That be awesome to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjh9ve9RS-0#t=8s

Kinda like that? If you do a ftilt, you can do bdacus in the direction you tilted. I imagine most characters would get hit by the bdacus if their DI wasn't up. Personally, I think that Bdacus>Bdacus>Bdacus is the flashiest, sexiest thing you can do lol.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Nope I can't do that. You have to do something like 5 inputs or so in 10 frames for the pivot grab. It would be even more for reverse BDacus. That would be (almost) physically impossible :o

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Nope I can't do that. You have to do something like 5 inputs or so in 10 frames for the pivot grab. It would be even more for reverse BDacus. That would be (almost) physically impossible :o
yeah there ARE LIMITS TO TECH SKILL

YOH BLUB IF I LEARNT THAT I WOULD BE BEST FALCO YAHUZ !!!!

PZ

Smash Lord
Dude you got this! btw its like only 4 inputs cuz when you put in the 3rd input for buffered dash action you can also hit up cstick then just do it again. All you have to do basically is master buffered dash action.(opposite direction your facing<down<opposite direction your facing also input up c stick<up c stick) simple as pie but not consistantly...or is it?:cool:

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Yes, more damage when you do it 5-6 times. :bee:
His first line wasn't a question lol, it was answering the one above his.

when does pikachus CG stop working on falco?

like how much damage should i take so that the CG doesnt work?

or does can falco get grabbed at any percent for it to work?
Ends around 90%. I beleive you wanna not get grabbed until about 50% (well perferably not at all..but u know)..

Top Bottom