• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
O I C, thanks

But sour Uair doesn't have fixed knockback. It has a crappy growth ratio, so dud still fits I guess.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yes falco is very good if you want a camp character. cause he can be both defensive and aggressive.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
I don't think i've ever landed sour spot Uair that low to the ground..usually think in that situation Nair -> Utilt is a better combo..well atleast easier to land.

I don't think i've ever landed sour spot Uair that low to the ground..usually think in that situation Nair -> Utilt is a better combo..well atleast easier to land.
Fast fallen Up Air is probably the best way to try to ahieve that. Typically, running off platforms into this or something to that extend works.

Bluej

Smash Rookie
So I have a question about settling timeouts. Right now, the person with the most stocks remaining or the least amount of damage if the number of stocks is tied is given the win in the event of a timeout. This promotes camping for the person with the stock/percentage lead, especially around a minute or so left in the round. So why not change the rule to the person who dishes out the most damage throughout the round gets the win if the round goes to time. This alternative way does not promote camping because you want your opponent to have the most amount of damage in case of a timeout. If a timeout does occur, you can just check the results screen and look for damage given. Most amount wins. Only downside I see is that some characters are better are handing out damage than others (Olimar, Diddy) so they are more likely going to have more damage given than people who kill early (Snake, DK) but I don't think it makes that much of a difference. I think this alternative way would actually lead to a less campy style of Brawl with less timeouts.

So I guess there has to be some negatives because I know I wasn't the first one to think of this...

Denzi

Smash Master
No one would play Snake and everyone would play characters with no reliable killers (Falco, Diddy, etc). Also people would try to dish out the most damage while taking little themselves. A fantastic method of accomplishing this? Camping.

Bluej

Smash Rookie
A simple rule change like this wouldn't cause everyone to change his/her main. That's kinda absurd. But your second point is valid, even though it's the same thing that is happening with the current rule.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Hence the problem isn't solved, and character balance will be skewed in favour of characters who rack damage well, but aren't great at killing.

pulse131

Smash Ace
uair also combos into dsmash. got the last kill in crew battles last week. irow called it the sloppiest combo he's ever seen ;p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

the one time I did it, I was fighting a pikachu and he did something... i wanna say fair, and I was SDIing out of it, and I was mashing up on my c stick, so as soon as I got out of it, I up aired, and since he didnt go anywhere, I got scared and continued mashing up on my c stick lol.

seven7xenon

Smash Rookie
Hey, i'm new to falco, can anyone tell what's the best method for doing a DACUS, not buffered or anything just yet, I can do it with snake but i'm guessing the timing is stricter with falco, or at least different.

Hey, i'm new to falco, can anyone tell what's the best method for doing a DACUS, not buffered or anything just yet, I can do it with snake but i'm guessing the timing is stricter with falco, or at least different.
1) Dash -> c-stick down -> slide up -> Z button
2) Dash (diagonal up direction) -> c-stick down -> z-button

Just remember to do the inputs as close to one another as possible, but still in that correct order.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Here's a question for Falco players.

If Falco is in an Arwing going 78 mph going to his grandmother's house in southeastern Hong Kong. He comes across the Ice Climbers, so he had to turn around and go an alternate route. That decrases his altitude by 5,000 ft. He went through the clouds and got to grandma Lobardi's house. How long did it take, and how far did he travel?

Du rien seven.

If Falco is in an Arwing going 78 mph going to his grandmother's house in southeastern Hong Kong. He comes across the Ice Climbers, so he had to turn around and go an alternate route. That decrases his altitude by 5,000 ft. He went through the clouds and got to grandma Lobardi's house. How long did it take, and how far did he travel?
So many things missing from this question.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman

Given that the stall speed of an arwing is > 78mph, he traveled from the air to the ground, and it didn't take very long. He never made it to his grandmother's house.

what is the difference between spacing and camping?
Spacing is trying to keep a certain distance between two things. This means you can apply the word spacing to many different things in smash. Typically, it is trying to keep a certain distance between your attacks and your opponent. Or yourself from your opponent's attacks.

Camping can be viewed as trying to maintain a particular kind of spacing.

Although, this is the general jist of the move that I have gotten after all my time here on smashboards. If anyone else has a better definition make it known.
Given that the stall speed of an arwing is > 78mph, he traveled from the air to the ground, and it didn't take very long. He never made it to his grandmother's house.
Alright, thank you for answering this coundrum that has been haunting me lol

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Spacing is keeping a distance away from the opponent's attacks to be able to punish with your options when the opponents whiff attacks or creating a wall in front of you to keep them from hitting you. Usually consists of backwards-moving forward-hitting attacks. "Spacing your attacks better" usually applies to hitting on shield. You would need to hit with the outside of your hitbox in order to not get shield grabbed.

Camping is purposely staying as far away as possible with either usage of projectiles, ledges, or other mechanics.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
i like Frigate against Olimar that lack of the ledge on one side in one of the transformations can get you a stock, although you gotta be careful when recovering on that side also

i also like yoshi's island (brawl) out of the starter list against him

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
Once you put Olimar in the air it's pretty easy to keep him there I guess, but same goes for falco. Also, We have advantage under platforms and the small stage makes it easy to be all up in his space, which we want to be.

GemN

Smash Cadet
I'm just wondering if you falcos change anything about your control scheme. Like do you find any buttons more useful with a different function than it originally had? Feedback much appreciated!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'm just wondering if you falcos change anything about your control scheme. Like do you find any buttons more useful with a different function than it originally had? Feedback much appreciated!
Nah I'm all natural. ;)

Does dair always beat tornado, or just the spike part?
Just the spike part, but it's pretty hard to time. Wouldn't depend on it.

pulse131

Smash Ace
could i get some advice on that kirby MU?
wrecked most peoples shop this weekend but then MM'd this kirby and, well lets just say thats the fastest ive ever gone to having a dollar, not having one.
for all i know its pretty much a midranged game, and to stay away from the ledge o.o

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I set R to Attack to make Bdacus easier for me. And I turn tap jump off. I like my FF AC'ed Nairs into Up Tilts.

Nah I'm all natural. ;)

Just the spike part, but it's pretty hard to time. Wouldn't depend on it.

LMAO @ quoting me in your sig.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Do anyone how to fight against Lucas and give me advice? I lost to FAE a few weeks ago at Brainshock Alpha and I'm pretty pissed off about it.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I set R to Attack to make Bdacus easier for me. And I turn tap jump off. I like my FF AC'ed Nairs into Up Tilts.

LMAO @ quoting me in your sig.
LMAO @ me seeing this after I changed it & replaced with your boy's sig

Top Bottom