• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Original von Yikarur
Falcos Upsmash trifft in Frame 8. Du hast nicht mit der ersten Frame getroffen, daher ist 9 unmöglich.

Der Treffer folgte in Frame 11 des Upsmashes.
MK kann hier ab Frame 14 Airdodgen.
Nach dem Dthrows Knockback gestartet hat dauert es 11 Frames bis Falco sich wieder bewegen kann.
Macht schonmal 22 Frames + Bdacus Start-Up also

Dthrow Knockback: 1
Falco kann sich wieder bewegen: Frame 11
Dash Attack: 12
Upsmash Start-Up: 13-19
der frühste Treffer ist demnach in Frame 21 (und das mit der frühsten Hitbox) und das kann man in hohen %ten verhindern. Da man nicht buffern kann, muss der geworfene aber relativ exakt Airdodgen. D:
English translation:

Falcos upsmash hits on frame 8. You didn't hit in frame 1. That's why 9 is impossible.
The hit occured in frame 11 of the upsmash.
Mk is able to air dodge in frame 14.
After the knock back of down throw starts, it takes 11 frames till falco is able to move again.
This already results in 22 Frames + BDacus start-up

-->
D-Throw knockback: 1
Falco is able to move again: Frame 11
Dash attack: 12
Up-smash Start-up: 13-19
the earliest hit thus possible is in frame 21 (with the earliest hitbox) and you're able to avoid that at high %. Because you're not able to buffer, the one who gets thrown has to air dodge exactly. D:

So basically there's a window of about 7 frames for the opponent to air dodge.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
you mean once they exit cg % right?
That, and a fresh Dthrow.

So if anyone knows the range of frame advantages from fresh to fully stale, that's perfect.

However, just for a fresh dthrow would be fine.

we should tell people theres 30 frames where they cant do anything and they might as well put down their controller for a bit.
So it's around 30?

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Well knowing that would help me (and anyone else who cared) what you can do someone out of Dthrow besides Re-Grab or Dair

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well knowing that would help me (and anyone else who cared) what you can do someone out of Dthrow besides Re-Grab or Dair
Jab
Ftilt
SHDL
Usmash
SHNair is a good frame trap if they DI up (which they should do at mid/high percent to avoid the dacus)

Now I got a question about zoning in the MK matchup : where do you guys want to be most of the time ? I know one of the answers is "far far away lasering like no tomorrow".
But does Falco have any other zone he's good in this matchup ? Because I feel like everywhere else Falco is at a disadvantage :/

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
After the knock back of down throw starts, it takes 11 frames till falco is able to move again.
This is the important bit.

At low %, hitstun goes up to 30 frames, so at the very end of the chaingrab we get a ~19 frame advantage. After this, you can cancel hitstun directly into an airdodge, meaning that the only thing guaranteed to hit frame-wise is jab. Maybe a dash attack on characters with poor airdodges.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Alright so I saw Hylian play falco and Idk why but I wanna pick up falco now idk nothing about him I would like to learn him my question is what should I learn first things such as techs and such I want to learn the chaingrabs and all but I dont want to be a falco that only chaingrabs and camp lasers i want style

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Alright so I saw Hylian play falco and Idk why but I wanna pick up falco now idk nothing about him I would like to learn him my question is what should I learn first things such as techs and such I want to learn the chaingrabs and all but I dont want to be a falco that only chaingrabs and camp lasers i want style
You want style? Laser laser side b (+1 style point).

I'm sick of all these birds flocking in here thinking they can learn all the cool **** first without knowing the basics. You gotta learn how to do all the boring ****, then just maybe when you know all of that you'll do one thing cool. You play someone good your butt gonna be sore boy, trying to look cool.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Lol no **** I said I want to learn the chaingrabs and all meaning the basics of falco than move on I dont mean boom Ima learn how to bdacus and forget about chaingrabs and knowing how to camp properly once I learn the basics and become decent with him ill go for the flashy stuff if I know it'll work or I won't get punished I'm probably only going to use him as a character to just friendly with

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

I'm sick of all these birds flocking in here thinking they can learn all the cool **** first without knowing the basics. You gotta learn how to do all the boring ****, then just maybe when you know all of that you'll do one thing cool. You play someone good your butt gonna be sore boy, trying to look cool.
It's too bad 95% of Falcos still don't know the basics.

Kasper!

Smash Lord

hahaha sick of these birds flocking.

Seriously though this is so true, shouldnt the falco boards do something about this? like put it as the social topic name or in that testament section i dunno just something :(

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I think what most Falcos need is to learn how to zone.
Like when/where they shouldn't SH, phantasm, bdacus, etc.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Lol no **** I said I want to learn the chaingrabs and all meaning the basics of falco than move on I dont mean boom Ima learn how to bdacus and forget about chaingrabs and knowing how to camp properly once I learn the basics and become decent with him ill go for the flashy stuff if I know it'll work or I won't get punished I'm probably only going to use him as a character to just friendly with
Go on the falco guide and there is everything you need to know. (Basics).

k9.

Smash Ace
Thanks alot man i really needed it, i got alot of stuff down i just can't B dacus well.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Technically, TAS style you need 5 frames for it.

Frame 1: Control Stick forward
Frame 2: Neutral controller position
Frame 3: C-stick down
Frame 4: Neutral controller position
Frame 5: C-stick up

Shield drop is either 6 or 7 idr. but yeah.

editing...
1) Since crouching reduces hitlag. Is this useful for anything in particular? The only thing I have thought of might be something like Fox's Dair.

2) I had a question for various characters multi-hitting attacks and proper methods of punishment and escape. I am not only asking for what is possible, but practical. You can SDI Snake's Ftilt to avoid the 2nd hit. Not very helpful when it is difficult to do so.

-Fox's Dair
Ignoring tripping, what advantage does Fox have against falco? Can we expect to shield a dsmash, utilt, or usmash? Or perhaps can we attack him first. If you can shield before getting hit by something else, can you roll/spotdodge?

-Shiek's Ftilt
Since it is difficult to gauge decay of the attack. Is it best to DI down and try to roll away as soon as you can? At higher percents, do you try to jump out?

-Jabbing (in general)
ZSS's 3rd jab can be PSed and so can Snake's. What other character jabs can we try to shield against? I believe Charizard, Sonic and wolf might we potentials if I recall. Perhaps it is better to roll out as soon as you start getting jabbed.

-Wolf's Nair
I have read this has no hitstun, but it is still disruptive. Does this mean you can perform an attack before it finishes and the Nair will not bother you?

-Lucas's Nair
Same question as wolf's.

-Ivysaur's Neutral special
Which direction to DI in or do you have to SDI?

-Pikachu's Fair/Bair
Do you SDI, or can you hold a direction to get out of it like Snake's Nair.

-MK's Tornado
I recall this cannot be SDIed, so you have to resort to holding the control stick in a direction. Does down work? Opposite MK's direction?

-DK's UpB
I have had issue with this one when he goes goes straight across. DI up seems to make me fall back into it. DI away from his direction keeps me in it as well. Holding the stick towards seems to do the same.

-Pit's SideB
Similar issues with DK's UpB, only I can DI away and get out. yet it seems I cannot punish if he does not keep it out for very long.

-Wolf's UpB

-Wolf's Fsmash
Somehow I have managed to avoid the final hit by getting hit by the first part of the attack. How can this be duplicated multiple times? I believe you hold Up or Down correct? Sort of how if you hold up before getting hit by TL's fsmash, you can jump out of the 2nd hit.

-MK's SideB
No idea.

-and a lot more

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
@Tommy : technically you don't need your second step so it would be 4 frames.

@Eryth : you can't crouch cancel Fox's Dair because it's multihit. You would CC the first hit but the second hit would connect when you're still in your "being hit' animation, so from the second hit you can't CC it anymore. If Dair hits you with only one hit it'll work though.

About 2 I'd like to know for a lot of them, you can CC Shiek's Ftilt.
I have a general rule of thumb to SDI moving multihits attacks (such as Snake's Nair/Dair, the beginning of Pit's side B or Wario's Dair) that is : SDI the opposite direction your opponent is moving. It has some exceptions though but it's true that a complete list would be great.

@Brickbox :
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=16108
Zoning is very character and matchup dependant so it takes a lot of training to learn.
Notice the picture with Falco in this link, there's a big green zone just in front of him. It's not totally accurate but it shows that Falco isn't safe if he SHs when the enemy is in this zone.

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
About 2 I'd like to know for a lot of them, you can CC Shiek's Ftilt.
I have a general rule of thumb to SDI moving multihits attacks (such as Snake's Nair/Dair, the beginning of Pit's side B or Wario's Dair) that is : SDI the opposite direction your opponent is going. It has some exceptions though but it's true that a complete list would be great.
Isn't it better to SDI away from the opponent, in the direction he is facing? Especially with Snake's NAir so that you don't get by the last hit. So if Snake is facing left (<--) you have do SDI in the same direction (<--).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Sorry I meant "the direction your opponent is moving", not going. Which means if Snake's Nairing you while going to the left and falling you SDI to the right and upwards.
Same, if a Wario is using Rising Dair SDI down.

Hope that helps you see why it's a better idea.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Does flood keep you in hopeless state when shot at or do you get to recover again? (Lets say after side B).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

To be fair I've played falco since I used to play with sethlon in 2008 >_>:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG67ryT7ojw

And all I used to do was laser chaingrab and side b LOL not until recently I started trying to play creative with him.

You could have not been even referring to me lol just sayin though >_>.

Edit: I also shield drop bdacus in like all my matches lol I think it's the easiest way to bdacus aside from a dthrow.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings

only a black man would say
e-****** moment
10falcos

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL that ***** called you a young flock!
***** moments over the damn Falco Boards. Let's go!!!

EDIT: Just read that **** again, you could put that **** in a rap verse DEHF

Top Bottom