• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Ikes 3rd jab is -25 on shield so you can punish it with any of your moves.
At higher % you charge fsmash a tiny bit for the kill and at lower % you can go for the chaingrab.
(not Falco but helping anyways)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I've hit it out of the chaingrab before, so it definitely was above 20. It's just a matter of if they know the matchup enough to see it coming and DI out of it.
It's a matter of if they know how to Di, not if they know the Mu.

When they Di incorrectly, of course it will hit. ( I abuse it if they don't Di correctly, I got a Kirby 0-64% with three Gatling combos because they didn't di the Dash attack. <3 Using it as a Punish ).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Almost anything in this game can be SDI'd or somehow ruined if you are awesome and expect it.

C.J.

Smash Master
It has a lot of hitlag so lots of time to SDI. It would still kill pretty well though.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, but the point here was if it was possible to SDI. I don't really see much difference, maybe something like SDI to tech, but nothing much really. Though all this SDI and DI in this game can do almost anything.

The only purpose to SDI would be to get yourself closer to the middle stage and down lower. You'd live a little bit longer. I am not sure if you can ASDI into the stage like you could in melee. If you were marth, and you were holding down against fox's dtilt (crouching), you'd ASDI into the ground and could tech. Although, you'd have to be at a high enough percent where marth (like 50%+?).

I am pretty sure certain moves and at the right percents this will happen where you can ASDI into the stage. I have seen it happen before (at least what looked like it). I guess it would have to be a down angled move, lowish percents, and stuff. You might be only able to ASDI into the ground if you were in the air in the first place. I dunno, I guess I'd have to check it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I'm pretty sure that Marth's Fsmash has enough hitlag for you to SDI up then down then tech. If only it wasn't cinematic hitlag.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
If you could SDI marth's fsmash, characters hit by it in midair and close to the edge could tech the stage and not give a ****.

However sakurai loves his random rules so Ike will keep getting hit by obvious tipper Fsmash during his Upb, and die for it.
---
Does falco's Fair break diddy's barrels when he's using his upb ?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
FLUDD doesn't!
Sorry, we aren't the Mario boards.

We're the Falco boards, where all our moves are chalk full of awesomeness that make you say "Damn, I wish my character could do that". Then you slowly realise your urge to play Falco because he's just that much better.

WARNING: Using Falco may cause your skin tone to change, increased jumping and running abilities, high craving for fried chicken, increased thirst for grape drank and the urge to have watermelon.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
By fried chicken, i'd believe he meant to say BREAD!

So i've got a question.

What's up?

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Been practicing BDacus each day, buffering out of anything I can think of.
Buffer it out of back roll for maximum surprise attack.

Or out of some opponent's attack that knocks you similar to falco's f-tilt at 80% (straight sideways. Airdodge ->BDACUS or standard tech -> BDACUS)
Super ****ing hard to see coming. If they commit with a dash you basically hit them in their early dash frames.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Buffer it out of back roll for maximum surprise attack.

Or out of some opponent's attack that knocks you similar to falco's f-tilt at 80% (straight sideways. Airdodge ->BDACUS or standard tech -> BDACUS)
Super ****ing hard to see coming. If they commit with a dash you basically hit them in their early dash frames.
My favourite is from a ledge get up option/ Oos. It's so much fun, and yeah, Air dodge/ roll/ tech to BDacus is so hard to see coming.

I recently learned the timing for F-Throw -> BDacus.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Is Utilt a good move? I use it a lot.
When are good times to use ftilt? I never use this move.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
U-Tilt is an excellent move, it's great for platform pressure, killing, setting up juggles.

F-Tilt is an excellent move, it's great for spacing, beating out D-Tilts when aimed down and shield pokes, good for anti airing when aimed up, it's safe on block when spaced properly.

You should use it more.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I like to Utilt out of jab, especially on marths. Puts then in a bad position.

Ftilt is also good, good for spacing and edgeguarding, especially at high percents

me9595

Smash Apprentice
is there a general percentage where the gatling combo stops working, or is it too different for every charcter to generalize

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
34 combo is a trap that Falcon has on Falco and some other chars : Dthrow > Uair > footstool at 0-20%.
It sets up gimps extremely well even though it's not a true combo.

Utilt is a OK move imo. It's fast, can kill at high percents and covers a good zone over your head, but it has small horizontal range and a relatively high cooldown. I feel like Nair is better in most situations (especially platform pressure).

Ftilt on the other hand is an amazing move, its main uses being its amazing burst range and how well it gives you some space. Since it's the opposite of jab (that makes you stick to the opponent) mixing up the two will give you an insanely good close quarters game.
Of course you should mix up your other options too (mainly grab).

Top Bottom