• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

PandaPint

Smash Rookie
I just started using Falco and I fell in love...
No I won't marry him =P
Anyways for my question, My friend would like to know if its possible to get out of *** grabbing to the edge of a stage then spiking down. Everytime he throws down the controller and quits at his first stock loss that way.

Qustion 2: Sometimes when I jump after running and press B to mini hop laser, my lasers shoot backwars really fast! I looked down at my controller and clicked the stick a few times and i notice a small recoil the opposite direction when i hit the stick really hard to dash then mini hop laser. Is there anyway to prevent the turn around other than not slamming the stick?

Tysm.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No I won't marry him =P
Anyways for my question, My friend would like to know if its possible to get out of *** grabbing to the edge of a stage then spiking down. Everytime he throws down the controller and quits at his first stock loss that way.

Qustion 2: Sometimes when I jump after running and press B to mini hop laser, my lasers shoot backwars really fast! I looked down at my controller and clicked the stick a few times and i notice a small recoil the opposite direction when i hit the stick really hard to dash then mini hop laser. Is there anyway to prevent the turn around other than not slamming the stick?

Tysm.
Qusestion 1: No he can't. Tell him to not get grabbed, or use a character who can't be chaingrabbed... Like Kirby.

Qusestion 2: Um... what?

nnif

Smash Rookie
panda.... maybe just make sure that youre facing the right direction wen you short hop your lasers?

other than that... i have no clue wut the question is...

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah about momentum cancelling:

Like Denzi said, it's really obvious with snake's ftilt. It's possible to survive it fresh at 160% I think with good DI, even when you get hit near the edge.

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
No I won't marry him =P

Tysm.
You may be wavebouncing your lasers unintentionally. This happens when you press b and then apply a direction (namely opposite to the direction of travel). Just try and work with your controller rather than slamming it around, that way it'll be obediant and do exactly what you tell it to do.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol trust me Crystal this thread isn't used enough.

Denzi is also the maestro of this thread

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 1,488

Denzi 203

__crystal____ 114

J4pu 99

Mith_ 74

Vlade 65

Teran17 53

8AngeL8 48

pure_awesome 38

B0mbe1c 28

ftl 28

Our top 10 contributors. Lol @ Angel, he ain't comin back. D=

Vlade

Social Outcast
Lol, I completely forgot about him.

I hardly look at the snake boards.

Oh and Mith told me that he quit brawl. Oh well.

Gratz to Denzi for being the top contributor! :)

Smoom77

Smash Master
Alright, I've been trying Falco for a while now, but I just now starting studying.

1. Can you charge and slide a RJCUS like a DACUS? It just sorta stops when I do it.
a. Is there an easier way than what I'm doing? I have to move like my whole hand to do it. I have my thumb on the c-stick, index on Y, and middle on Z. Anything different?

2. I can do SHDL and SHL, but I can't really use it a situation. Where can I use it?

3. I don't understand Boost Pivot Grabbing. How? lol

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
B0mbe1c 28

Bah, he doesn't even play Brawl anymore.

As for smoom....

1. I wish I knew what RJCUS was.

2. It depends on your opponent and range. If you're pretty far away, SHDL. If you're mid range-close. SHL. However, the more you play as Falco, the more you'll come to understand when and when to not use lasers and what form to use.

2.BPG ... Dash->C-stick foward or back->Grab/Shield+Joystick in other direction. So, if you start from the right, you flick the joystick to the left and stuff....

Yeah.............

J4pu

Smash Champion
I've never seen the acronym before but I've known about the technique for a long time.
it's just running then Usmash in the opposite direction, you slide about half the width of your body while you do it.

Falco37 said:
ive played falco for a long time and i never heard of RJCUS
Apr '09 join date
<<
>>

Reverse
Jump
Canceled
Up
Smash
it barely slides at all, barely ever used by anybody
Uses for that are pretty rare. The only option I could possibly see is used for predicting where someone might roll to or something like that. Sort of like a pivot grab only it's a pivot upsmash. If anyone really ever used it in game play it might be a safer method of trying some upsmash attempts, but it'll likely never hit.

Denzi

Smash Master
Uses for that are pretty rare. The only option I could possibly see is used for predicting where someone might roll to or something like that. Sort of like a pivot grab only it's a pivot upsmash. If anyone really ever used it in game play it might be a safer method of trying some upsmash attempts, but it'll likely never hit.
It's good for other characters like Ike, who have a larger hitbox behind them during their Usmash then in front, but it's pretty much useless for Falco.

It's good for other characters like Ike, who have a larger hitbox behind them during their Usmash then in front, but it's pretty much useless for Falco.
We should try to find uses for it. :) Anything to improve the game that is falco (that ain't falco). Already have some potiental ideas using the prediction thing. The more I think about the reversed upsmash the more it reminds me of a substitute for wavedashing backwards and doing a smash at the same time.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
1+Post

Has anyone here ever picked a random stage and just start lasering, just to get a feel on how quickly (and effectively) you can cover the stage?

That was certainly random 0.o

And no, I have never done that myself. Typically, my opponent ruins my pew pew ing fun after like 2 seconds into the fight. xP

J4pu

Smash Champion
only use i see for RJCUS is if you predict a spotdodge
run at them, you expect them to spot-dodge a grab/attack if you do it right away, keep running so that you are on top of them, RJCUS, if they shield it you are behind them a decent distance and don't have a lot of post-lag, if they don't shield it you get an Usmash

I do this with grabs occasionally (run past then turn-around [it's not really pivot i dont think] grab).
it's almost always better to be behind your opponent when you whiff something, gives them less ways to punish you.

Denzi

Smash Master
In some cases it would be better to just charge an Usmash to serve the same purpose, because there are some characters (like Sheik) who have a much better backwards roll than forwards roll, so against them you might as well stay in front of them.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I tried doing this the other day and it's too difficult for me without tap jump on. It's benefits seem minimal. I thought it'd be used best if you were aiming to hit with the tail end of the Usmash to get the horizontal knock back. And I guess if you're doing so you'd also reduce the amount of lag from it considerably. Would there also be more push back from it? I guess after thinking about it, it's a lot safer than the traditional methods of running Usmash, but you sacrifice a lot of mobility and your opponent is behind you afterward.

---

Since it's called Running . . . . does that mean it can't be used out of the initial dash?

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
Since it's called Running . . . . does that mean it can't be used out of the initial dash?
Nope, I was trying it out earlier as I had some time and wanted to see if it was worthwhile, and I was just dashing and doing the RJCUS, without tap jumps I must add lol.

As far as its uses go, it seems quite situational BUT it does appear to be something that could be looked into further. I had never heard of this before it was posted on here and so when i heard it I doubted that it was any good. But after messing about for a bit it does seem like a safe punish for a few things, mainly spotdodge spammers.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Doe the spike after a cg have to be from a running cg? If I try to walking cg Snake, do I have to make the last one a running cg to get the spike in? Because I also jump too short.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
It depends on where you start the cg and the distance after the last throw. MK and Snake(and a few others maybe?) can only be walking cg'd. You should be able to spike them with a walk after the last throw. If it doesn't work your timing may be off :/

As for other characters, you can alternate between a running and walking cg...

Denzi

Smash Master
Whether you run or walk during the CG does not affect the spike at all. Regardless of how you chain, the spike has to be from a dash.

Not sure the exact reason behind hit, but I am pretty sure it is dependent upon what frame the grab input was made in correlation to the dash attack. Pretty sure the sooner you input the grab after the dash attack even if it's like 2-3 frames I think that gets you further distance. Sort of like the Boost Smash Falco has. For me I can never get it's full length is about 1/2-1/3 the distance of final destination, most of the time I only get 1/4 the distance of final destination.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Not sure the exact reason behind hit, but I am pretty sure it is dependent upon what frame the grab input was made in correlation to the dash attack. Pretty sure the sooner you input the grab after the dash attack even if it's like 2-3 frames I think that gets you further distance. Sort of like the Boost Smash Falco has. For me I can never get it's full length is about 1/2-1/3 the distance of final destination, most of the time I only get 1/4 the distance of final destination.
you're probably using the grab button to perform the Usmash, that one maxes out at about 1/4 of FD.

you need to be using a button set to attack to gain the full distance.

Smoom77

Smash Master
How do I do a SHDL forwards, jumping back? I ALWAYS do it backwards. I don't know how to do it forwards...

J4pu

Smash Champion
How do I do a SHDL forwards, jumping back? I ALWAYS do it backwards. I don't know how to do it forwards...
a backwards bounce require a b-reversal then a "wavebounce"

you know how if you're in the air and you press backwards then let go then laser it will shoot behind you? That's the b-reversal
Then do the "wavebounce" back towards the direction you were originally facing.

If you are facing right:
Jump
Tap left
Laser + press right

I have a feeling i'm using b-reversal wrong, but w/e you get the idea.

Top Bottom