• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is the Q&A thread. We already have a thread for messing around. -__-

Jon?

Smash Champion
While we're on the topic of MKs, I was reading over the old "How to deal with certain moves" thread with MK's shuttle loop being one of the topics. I saw several times people saying using Dair while MK is doing shuttle loop will reduce the knock back.

My question is:
Is the knock back on this considerably less as compared to getting hit with shuttle loop without any sort of input? I am assuming this only applies when getting hit with the top part of shuttle loops.

I have a tournament tomorrow and I plan on using Falco all throughout the tourny, even doubles! Wish me luck, guys.
Back to topic.

I quoted myself because I don't think anyone answered it. I haven't been on boards much because of my weekend tournament and school.

If anyone has any kind of helpful input, I would appreciate it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
lasers out-range anything else in the game (horizontally)
ftilt has pretty good range considering it is also quick to come out and near-lagless ending.

can falco out play a marth dancing around at sword tip's range? no, but falco is ok.

has anything interesting/new evolved for falco's metagame since i've been gone?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Copypasted from G&W's matchup guide on Falco:

I don't see this too often from any falco's, but he does have a guaranteed laser lock combo on gw. At low percents he can footstool you out of a dthrow and then land on you with a spike. He will then immediately start lasering you because you've been stunned too long. Certainly something to look out for.

Is this a true combo? does it work on a good majority of the cast? How viable is this?

marklar

Smash Rookie
I can't find the Marth match up. I am looking for some good combos to practice on him any idea where I can find that information would be awesome. I did try the search engine and it just blank paged me.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Don't look for combos when you look into a match up.

Especially with the marth match up look for things too avoid or even not do.

Marth has a 0-41% (?) and 0-death on falco but it easily can be avoided. Don't get grabbed.

Marth can pressure Falco pretty well. He can Dash under the first laser then power shield your second laser in a SHDL. Marth will proceed to f-air you :)

To chaingrab marth you have to buffer a dash grab. If you don't do this correctly Marth can up-b out of your d-throw, and at high % that will kill you.

If you ever dash attack his shield you should probably do your "Gatlin Combo" so if by chance he stops shield to shield-grab you, you hit him with the Up-smash.

Use your IAP and Lasers to retreat and camp. Play uber gay :chuckle:

Jon?

Smash Champion
Play very campy in the Marth matchup. Don't get grabbed, especially when at lower %s. Later into the stock, I like to pressure with lots of grab. If you knock off Marth and predict his recovery, it'll lead to either a gimp or a free smash when he lands on the stage.

I would be nice if someone answered my question too. I posted it twice, once two pages ago and another time on the last page. I can repost it again if anyone wants to help me out..

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Play very campy in the Marth matchup. Don't get grabbed, especially when at lower %s. Later into the stock, I like to pressure with lots of grab. If you knock off Marth and predict his recovery, it'll lead to either a gimp or a free smash when he lands on the stage.

I would be nice if someone answered my question too. I posted it twice, once two pages ago and another time on the last page. I can repost it again if anyone wants to help me out..
I would def have posted something if I knew the answer but I dont =/. I never heard of it before, and I really don't have anyone to test it with.

the footstool combo on gaw is fake, he can upb out of it
:(

10:(s

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Tips vs Olimar. Go. I have serious issues with this matchup for some reason.
lots of your attacks outprioritize the pikmins, so attack more, shield less. Also, from my few matches against olimars, IAP on top of them and downsmash works well, its pretty unexpected and puts them in a pretty bad position if you hit them offstage.

Jon?

Smash Champion
IAP is very important in the matchup. Olimars worst position is in the air. If you can get him into the air, you'll be able to rack up damage pretty easily.

Another tip I find very helpful in the matchup is to outgrab him. Predict his grabs, spot dodge and you can grab him back. To get grabs, I find myself jumping over the Olimar's head and airdodge. Meanwhile, I buffer the turn around grab.

He's a character where you need to buffer you chain grab. If you're able to get him to the 40% in damage, you can spike him off the stage, where it will be very hard for him to recover.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I don't have a lot of experience against Olimar. But from what I know IAP is really good, so you geht him in the air where you can juggle him pretty well. And don't forget, you can reflect the pikmins.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
If you reflect a projectile with your reflector, does it get added to the decay list?
Honestly, I really really want to applaud you. In all my time on SWF, that is the first question asked in any Q&A thread that I've seen that is actually a REAL question, not like how to SHDL or something >.> Unfortunately, I can't give you a guaranteed answer, but I'm 90% sure yes

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Honestly, I really really want to applaud you. In all my time on SWF, that is the first question asked in any Q&A thread that I've seen that is actually a REAL question, not like how to SHDL or something >.> Unfortunately, I can't give you a guaranteed answer, but I'm 90% sure yes
Cool. Thanks :).

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Whats SHDL?

10jks

Healer

Smash Apprentice
@ Yumewomiteru sdhl stands for short hop double laser, i don't think wolf can do it, it's only for fox and falco.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Whats SHDL?

10jks[/POILER]
I deleted an S in his post.
You happy now healer ;) now for your question
@ Yumewomiteru sdhl stands for short hop double laser, i don't think wolf can do it, it's only for fox and falco.

Alright on to my question, I've been maining wolf for sometime no (a month or so) I know some ATs such as scarring (who doesn't tho), flash cancel (although I whiff more than half the time, i'm practicing that) and DACUS (I whiff way too much, if u can please give me tips) Well this brings me to my other question, can someone please give me wolf gameplay tips or guide links to stuff i can read (i have read the WBR guide and the Essence of Wolf, and some others that i can't remember)? Also how do u smash DI (my friend taught me it, but i wanna make sure i'm doing it right.)
DACUS is all just practicing, no real tips for that, even though Wolf's dacus is different then Falco's.

You're on the wrong board, I think.
SmashDI is if you tap your cstick to a dirrection while you're in freeze frames (noticable when getting hit by zeldas kick/captain falcons knee/samus charge shot) and it makes you teleport slightly to that direction.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
crap, lolz lemme take that out, i have both tabs for falco and wolf open my mistake lol

EDIT: Okay well since im on the falco boards, might as well ask a falco question. Well I've been playing falco for a little while (and even considering to main him, i like wolf and all and this isn't a matter over tiers, because although wolf has alot a problems i think they can be overcome, but unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to overcome those problems, but I'll see) anyways, I haven't really looked through to many guides, and the only ATs that i have a basic knowledge of are CGs and Laser locking, oh and flash cancel but thats because i knew it from wolf. So this brings me to my question, are there any tips for a new Falco player or any guides u recommend i read?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
crap, lolz lemme take that out, i have both tabs for falco and wolf open my mistake lol

EDIT: Okay well since im on the falco boards, might as well ask a falco question. Well I've been playing falco for a little while (and even considering to main him, i like wolf and all and this isn't a matter over tiers, because although wolf has alot a problems i think they can be overcome, but unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to overcome those problems, but I'll see) anyways, I haven't really looked through to many guides, and the only ATs that i have a basic knowledge of are CGs and Laser locking, oh and flash cancel but thats because i knew it from wolf. So this brings me to my question, are there any tips for a new Falco player or any guides u recommend i read?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166854

Go there for all your basic knowledge of Falco!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Yeah I got some important Falco questions I need answered:

1. Is Falco a furry? After playing Starfox64 I got the impression he liked Katt.

2. How does Falco know who Einstein is if he lives in the Lylat System when he says, "Hey Einstein, I'm on your side!"

??????????????????

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I got some important Falco questions I need answered:

1. Is Falco a furry? After playing Starfox64 I got the impression he liked Katt.

2. How does Falco know who Einstein is if he lives in the Lylat System when he says, "Hey Einstein, I'm on your side!"

??????????????????
Those are both valid questions.

Perhaps it can be assumed that the Starfox universe takes place in a distant dystopian space future where manking is extinct and have been replaced by sentient animals. This in turn would give them knowledge of who einstein was if they had been able to access historical information on mankind.

And yeah Falco's totally a furry.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Those are both valid questions.

Perhaps it can be assumed that the Starfox universe takes place in a distant dystopian space future where manking is extinct and have been replaced by sentient animals. This in turn would give them knowledge of who einstein was if they had been able to access historical information on mankind.

And yeah Falco's totally a furry.
does dina have nice boobs o.o

Top Bottom