• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Smash Ace
Hippochinfat: In order to properly answer your question, I'll email you my full name, address, social security number, credit card number and expiration date, and so on. Hopefully that'll be enough information.

Thestlos: there is a minimum post length of 10 characters. People write "10char" to get past that.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Mentioned earlier in the thread.

Posts have a 10 character limit to keep them from being spammy. Under ten characters and it won't post. The common way to walk around this is to say "Yes" or "No way" or whatever then put in the term "10char" to fill up the space so it'll post.

MetaZone

Smash Cadet
I have three questions.

1. What Metaknight is saying when he makes him final smash?

2. What Metaknight is saying when he makes him winning poses? (every 3 poses)

3. Where I can hear Dededes voice? I wanna hear his voice. I hope he sounds cool!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
2. What Metaknight is saying when he makes him winning poses? (every 3 poses)

3. Where I can hear Dededes voice? I wanna hear his voice. I hope he sounds cool!
2. "Victory is my destiny", "You have much to learn" and "Come back when you're ready to fight".

3. DDD has no "voice", he just makes noises (like Link)

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so this might rank as the stupidest question in the history of this thread, but here goes:

I'm trying to turn off the blasted tap jump (where you jump by tilting the analog stick up on the GCN controller--I don't want it to do that anymore); I only want to jump by pressing the jump button(s). So I went into Options, then Controller, made a new entry, turned it off, and saved. Lo and behold, my character still jumps when I tilt the analog stick up. Um, so how do I turn it off for real? What did I do wrong previously? Am I not saving it right or something? It's very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Smash Ace
Are you using the new entry you just created? If not, when on the character select screen, click on the pencil icon in the lower right corner of the portrait, then select your name.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
@PK-Owl, whoops, sorry if I gave you misinformation. I thought it was all stages, but I could be thinking of something else. Just to be sure, do you have 75m? That's an oft-last-obtained one.

@smallmalf & Phantomwake, I believe a prat fall in smash refers exclusively to a trip, which are "on-your-behind" falls, and not also "on your back" falls.

S

sn1per13

I know this question has been asked before, but how do you post little pics of characters in your sig.

Someone said (for example if i wanted mario) put : mario2 : , but I tried this and it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Smash Ace
Sandbagging is intentionally playing poorly (generally in a tournament). Some people find it insulting if the person they're playing is sandbagging.

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
I know this question has been asked before, but how do you post little pics of characters in your sig.

Someone said (for example if i wanted mario) put : mario2 : , but I tried this and it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
From what you wrote in your post, you put a space in between the colon (:) and the M in "Mario". You also put a space in between the "2" and then colon.

You wrote it like this : mario2 : <--- see where the spaces are?

Hope I helped

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
She unleashes the ultra powerful finishing move that kills all of your stocks.

(jk, yeah, she does nothing).

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
This may be a bit explanitory, so I'm not sure if it should get its own thread or not. However, here's the question. Just because I'm curious.

When you attack the opponent, you deal damage. Obviously. The more you do that attack, the less damage it'll do. This is just until you lose a life correct? Then that attack will do an equal amount of damage, if I recall correctly. Considering this, how does this work with the grab? If I grab, and toss down, so that wear out the damage and knock-back as me grabbing and throwing up or to the side?

Thanks in advance to anyone that will reply to this with a valid answer.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
If you are fighting someone with a Japanese Wii and say you are fighting a Jigglypuff and you are Ike. Will the person with the Japanese Wii hear American sound affects or the American Wii will hear Japanese sound affects?

Kicknchickn

Smash Rookie
in tournaments, how does character picking usually happen? because in one tournament a person waited for me to pick and then counterpick. is that allowed and is there anything i can do about it?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If you are fighting someone with a Japanese Wii and say you are fighting a Jigglypuff and you are Ike. Will the person with the Japanese Wii hear American sound affects or the American Wii will hear Japanese sound affects?
You'll listen to the effects your game has, regarding region.

MetaZone

Smash Cadet
Umm... This is maybe off topic, but can I ask it here?

Well... If I draw some characters like Metaknight or Dedede, where I can show it to everyone? I don't see any fanart place here, but should i put it to Artwork Emporium?

sry about bad english :p

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yes! That's the right place, and there's nothing wrong with your English :p

finalfight

Smash Rookie
This may seem kind of stupid, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to list the people who can upload videos to the internet. I see a lot of threads where people will talk about techs they've discovered but they don't have the equipment to upload a video. It seems like a simple solution would be to just save a replay and send it to someone who does have the ability to upload it. If this has been brought up or is just accepted as an obvious fact I apologize in advance.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I think the problem with that is that it'd make a list of "People To Bug Into Doing Things For You," which I'm sure that the people on the list would get sick of very fast. Not a bad idea but it'd just cause problems.

Umm... This is maybe off topic, but can I ask it here?

Well... If I draw some characters like Metaknight or Dedede, where I can show it to everyone? I don't see any fanart place here, but should i put it to Artwork Emporium?

sry about bad english :p
Or DeviantArt.

Kicknchickn

Smash Rookie
in tournaments, how does character picking usually happen? because in one tournament a person waited for me to pick and then counterpick. is that allowed and is there anything i can do about it?
*cough*
basically is there some topic that goes over tournament etiquette?

Smash Ace
Generally, that is not allowed. On the first match, you can call for a double-blind, which means that you both tell some third person what character you want to play (without knowledge of the opponents character). Rules vary a bit from tournament to tournament, though.

After the first match, picking characters and stages goes like this:
1. loser picks stage.
2. winner picks character.
3. loser picks character.

Top Bottom