• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
is there an exact definition of a clone somewhere?
I was wondering wether Dr. Mario (Melee) would still be a clone compared to Brawl Mario.
Here's the wikientry: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Clone
Seeing as Mario has changed quite a bit since Melee - I wouldn't call him a clone per say... more "related."

Can you transfer videos from you Wii to your Computer on your SD card? If so, how?
I'm assuming you mean the replays? To my knowledge they aren't actual videos (imagine how much memory that would actually take up on the Wii) instead they're memorized button inputs set into motion. You'll need to by some sort of screen-capturing device to get the quality of video you've probably seen.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'm assuming you mean the replays? To my knowledge they aren't actual videos (imagine how much memory that would actually take up on the Wii) instead they're memorized button inputs set into motion. You'll need to by some sort of screen-capturing device to get the quality of video you've probably seen.
Completely true.

The latest thing that lots of games are doing are "Replays" being saved as exactly what the input was during the fight. Halo 3 was one of the first and it was so amazing they had to include it. But the videos are just .bin files on the SD Card that use the game's engine to recreate the fight bit-by-bit. It saves on space and plus it allows you unique opportunities (like Halo 3's ability to free-float the camera to take videos and pictures of anything.)

So, unless you've got some of the TV Video to PC devices, they stay on the memory card as .bins.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know of any websites that you can have friendly matches (no money imvolved) that like gamercolluseum (sp?) have some kind of instant messaging system setup on the website itself? I use a school computer (homeschooled) and they have NetNanny installed which means I can't use AIM...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
So, I've past the number of posts to have a picture as a signature. And I still cannot have a picture as a signature. Is there something I have to do, to allow picture signatures?
-t2

*edit, ignore this. I know the reason now.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
OK, two things.

Haven't got the game (26 June in AUS). Why is everyone complaining about the "lip" on the new Final Destination? I don't understand what is happening.

Also, is it just me or has the forum layout changed slightly (sidebar is now the topbar)?

JrdnS

Smash Ace
OK, two things.

Haven't got the game (26 June in AUS). Why is everyone complaining about the "lip" on the new Final Destination? I don't understand what is happening.

Also, is it just me or has the forum layout changed slightly (sidebar is now the topbar)?
the lip of the new FD totally screws up some characters recoveries if you get caught under it. to name a few game and watch, the space animals wolf especially, snake, marth, ect. characters with recoveries like that and theres a lot. MK, jiggly, kirby, pit, rob, others who can fly are not affected.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Panda said, that this list is close as a tier list.

Yes its tournament rankings, but where the characters stand, and their amount of points says something.
-t2

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Check your junk mail and spam mail filters. It happens sometimes. I'm pretty sure that it's an instant e-mail.

If problems persist go check with Kirby King or something.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
OK, two things.

so that happened to you too..
if you havent fixed it yet. you just go to edit options. and down near the bottom one of the dropdown arrows says "top". just change it to "left"

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
quick question. sorry if i could have found it elsewhere. when (preferably to the day) was wavedashing first discovered (as in announced in these forums)? point being, to see how long it took after melee was released.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Does anyone know of any websites that you can have friendly matches (no money imvolved) that like gamercolluseum (sp?) have some kind of instant messaging system setup on the website itself? I use a school computer (homeschooled) and they have NetNanny installed which means I can't use AIM...
You can always try: AllIsBrawl.com
They have a neat little gigantic conversation system. :laugh:
They are adequate.

Toadbanjoconker discovered wavedashing on April 3, 2002.
He was trying to catch an item by airdodging.
Melee was released December 3rd, 2001. It took 123 days to discover the Wavedash. Brawl was only been officially out for 100 days as of this post.

*foresees how this info will be used*
July 9th, 2008 - the day Brawl will officially be late in discovering advanced techniques.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Who knows? Maybe Sakurai did his job too well, and now there's no way to balance out the tier list?
Maybe we'll never really find any advanced techs in this game, except for the small ones that don't exponentially change gameplay
EX. T. Link's quickdraw, Fox's Blaster cancel, Bowser and Luigi's Infinite jumps... etc.

All we can do is hope it's something simple like wavedashing was that doesn't involve items like Jiggs Mega form lol...

Edit: Snake's Mortar slide is game changing...

Shirum

Smash Cadet
Something basic like this HAS to be answered somewhere... but due to the nature of the question, it's near impossible to search for it and come up with what I want.

Utilt. With tap jump on, are there any tips for activating it reliably? I tend to get it maybe one out of four times I want it with a dummy enemy, which is... not good, because that erodes to about one out of fifty in a real match. XD;

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Something basic like this HAS to be answered somewhere... but due to the nature of the question, it's near impossible to search for it and come up with what I want.

Utilt. With tap jump on, are there any tips for activating it reliably? I tend to get it maybe one out of four times I want it with a dummy enemy, which is... not good, because that erodes to about one out of fifty in a real match. XD;
uh... when playing melee, i would roll and move the control stick up during the roll... so i wouldn't tap jump my utilt...

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
ok i beat all star with 10 different people (5 times with 2 controllers). and im still not getting the challenge that says "clear all-star with 10 characters".

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok i beat all star with 10 different people (5 times with 2 controllers). and im still not getting the challenge that says "clear all-star with 10 characters".
co-op doesn't count towards beating all-star. however, it DOES give you all the final smash trophies.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
if you spike sonic JUST AFTER he does his upb, will he bounce back using the spring?

oh DAMMIT!!! i'm sorry for the double post!!! D:

*someone kill me now :(*

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I doubt it. I'm pretty sure the spring doesn't have aerial bouncing capabilities except for when you press Up-B.
It works like the actual springboard item so it does have the same properties until it disappears, meaning it can be jumped on several times even AFTER the up-B.

I doubt he'd land back unto the spring though... seeing as most Sonics would DI toward the stage immediately after springing, if not before.

Shirum

Smash Cadet
I messed around with the sensitivity of the control stick quite a bit. I was shocked to discover that I could move my thumb up just the slightest twitch, yet cause an up-smash.

And I think jumping or rolling or doing some other action first defeats the point of be able to execute it right when I want it. >>

Emuburger

Smash Rookie
Are the "about to jump" frames in Brawl any different than in Melee? It's just that I suck at shorthopping on anyone other harder than Falco in Melee, and I'm wondering if I'll have trouble with that in Brawl.

Also, how customizable are the controls in Brawl? I know you can B-stick, but can you do much of anything outside of that, like making up on the control not jump?

Ok, well the last one was pretty well answered. But why do people use fairs/airdodge when they get knocked off the screeen to try to survive? I don't think anybody's fair has any DI, and I thought that airdodging didn't control projectory anymore.

Top Bottom