• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Does the latest PAL-update block the Freeloader? (The Freeloader disc thing)
Yes it does. It also blocks WiiBrew and something called the Twilight Hack. They found a way around those I believe. A person from another forum mentioned getting the Freeloader to work Post-3.3 so I just asked. I'll post again if they answer.

Also I'm lead to believe if you DO have a PAL Wii and used Freeloader to play the NTSC Brawl your save data WON'T carry over.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
HOw do you select random stages? I've unlocked all stages but nothing is there. I know where I'm meant to find the option.

i.e. random only picks the stages you define, can't remember what it was called in melee.

EDIT: 200 VS KOs and all stages. Cool.
Make sure you have all of the melee stages, too. Then, go to rules, then additional rules, and then go down to "random stage switch", and then you can just pick the stages you want to appear. If this doesn't work, make sure that you have all stages again.:)

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Why do I jump sometimes when I try B-sticking? For example, I would AA B-stick right and I would jump when I try B-sticking. I have tap jumping off and my C stick is set for special.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I've noticed that too, I think it's just a programming flaw.

And yes, Ike says "You're open!" He also fights for his friends.

lsd

Smash Rookie
no one have the answer to my question earlier? :( I want my save thingy to have the intense symbol beside it...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't know, ISD. I'm like Terios. The only times I've played the SSE is when my friend came over and wanted me to beat it, and like tha first day i got it. The SSE is really the only thing i can't help people with. Sorry! :(

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok... so i still roll a lot, but i'm pretty sure i shouldn't. i'm trying to stop, but it's kinda hard (habit dating back to 64 =\), and ultimately not worth it if rolling isn't as bad in brawl as i'm imagining it.

but yeah, i'm not supposed to be rolling, am i?

Emuburger

Smash Rookie
ok... so i still roll a lot, but i'm pretty sure i shouldn't. i'm trying to stop, but it's kinda hard (habit dating back to 64 =\), and ultimately not worth it if rolling isn't as bad in brawl as i'm imagining it.

but yeah, i'm not supposed to be rolling, am i?
Well I'm definately not a smash expert, but the idea of moving around while immortal seems pretty good. I mean, you really shouldn't roll THAT much, but it certainly should be used to get away from an incoming attack or get within attacking or grabbing range of your enemy.

But uh, does anyone know how to save or find replay footage? I go to replays but all I see is the sample of Lucas at the home run contest, and it doesn't seem like there's any button for recent matches or anything.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Does the latest PAL-update block the Freeloader? (The Freeloader disc thing)
Yes it does. It also blocks WiiBrew and something called the Twilight Hack. They found a way around those I believe. A person from another forum mentioned getting the Freeloader to work Post-3.3 so I just asked. I'll post again if they answer.

Also I'm lead to believe if you DO have a PAL Wii and used Freeloader to play the NTSC Brawl your save data WON'T carry over.
I was given links to

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

and

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Gecko_Region_Free

You must be running Homebrew beta 5 as is my understanding.

I don't run PAL so I don't know exactly how it works.
Credit to Mainman from fanboys-forum.

Well I'm definately not a smash expert, but the idea of moving around while immortal seems pretty good. I mean, you really shouldn't roll THAT much, but it certainly should be used to get away from an incoming attack or get within attacking or grabbing range of your enemy.

But uh, does anyone know how to save or find replay footage? I go to replays but all I see is the sample of Lucas at the home run contest, and it doesn't seem like there's any button for recent matches or anything.
I prefer spot dodging most of the time but rolling used WELL is fine. Like I prefer rolling behind Link's Fsmash since it has that second hit but I'll spotdodge Ike's. Just learn when to use what.

You can get replays but playing a game mode, (target test, home run contest, matches) as long as they are under three minutes. After that you should be given an option to hit Z to save your file. It'll prompt you to save to the Wii or an SD card. After that you can access them through the Replay section.

pirkid

Smash Lord
why do most people in spectator mode not even fight they just stand there?
Some peopel online are either stupid, or lagging.

i beat every level of SSE on intense after a while but the file selection screen only shows a normal level sign on the side of the 100% file... I beat it first 100% on normal, is that why it shows the normal sign or once it is 100% beat it only shows the normal sign, or is my game just f-ed up?
With DI, if you're going to get hit straight up, should you hold down or sideways?

Also, how do you save a match as replay footage?

You save replayed by pressing Z or Zr (Classic) after the match is done, on the stats screen. It can only be saved if it is 3 minutes or less. You can only save reaps depending on how much Wii memory you have.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

About the recording thing, it has to be 3 minutes or less. Then you pres Z to save it when the button appears. That is why I do timed matches at 3 min against lvl 7's, because I can get good matches in, and then re-evaluate the match later to see when I messed up or did something good.

@25% Cotton: I roll a lot, too, but the problem is, with tripping, you can fall and are vulnerable to smashes.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Over level 7, computers get inhuman abilities, like powershielding 3/4th of your projectiles, while still being dumb, like waiting for a Kirby Stone to drop on their head without doing anything. Playing against them gives you bad habits because you abuse tactics that would never work on a human.

Other question : My PAL copy of Brawl works perfectly, except with one enemy in the SSE : the green blob in a tank, with a mechanical dragon. The level was the desert where you first encounter Galeom.
When I first destroyed the mechanical dragon, the screen glitched for half a second then it went back to normal. When I did that level a second time, destroying the mechanical dragon froze the game.

Anybody else have this glitch ?

pirkid

Smash Lord
Over level 7, computers get inhuman abilities, like powershielding 3/4th of your projectiles, while still being dumb, like waiting for a Kirby Stone to drop on their head without doing anything. Playing against them gives you bad habits because you abuse tactics that would never work on a human.

Other question : My PAL copy of Brawl works perfectly, except with one enemy in the SSE : the green blob in a tank, with a mechanical dragon. The level was the desert where you first encounter Galeom.
When I first destroyed the mechanical dragon, the screen glitched for half a second then it went back to normal. When I did that level a second time, destroying the mechanical dragon froze the game.

Anybody else have this glitch ?
Never had that, and never heard of it before.

It is probably just your disc.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
how is DI handled in brawl? i have some of the worst DI of anyone, and was wanting to know XD.

i was in some zelda dittos and this guy got in a couple escapes from my fsmash and usmash, but i can't seem to ever get out. also with rapid-a attacks and a couple other catchy moves from other characters, i take a lot of time to get out.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
how is DI handled in brawl? i have some of the worst DI of anyone, and was wanting to know XD.

i was in some zelda dittos and this guy got in a couple escapes from my fsmash and usmash, but i can't seem to ever get out. also with rapid-a attacks and a couple other catchy moves from other characters, i take a lot of time to get out.
The same as in Melee. He was probably Smash DI'ing.

I think Overswarm had a thread about this somewhere. It was the Overswarms plan to get everyone really good really fast thread or something.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
does anyone know how many different enemies you can make into trophies on SSE?
i wouldn't worry about counting. once you get all the enemy trophies, the game will alert you with a notice (be aware that the jyk -the spikey trap things that are common- can't be obtained through subspace and must be gotten through completing boss battles with 20 characters). it will also give you a SEPERATE notice when you've gotten all the boss trophies.

...but if you REALLY wanna know :p, there are 40 trophies obtainable through subspace OF subspace enemies. there are also 8 mario enemies obtainable through subspace (green koopa, red koopa, green paratroopa, red paratroopa, goomba, giant goomba, bullet bill, hammer bro). oh and the 10 bosses were not included in either count.

so much for "simple answer" XD

Emuburger

Smash Rookie
Are there any moves that stop or slow horizontal trajectory like game and watch or toon link's dairs slow upward trajectory? Like, would wario's bite or game and watches bucket help? They seem to make you stop if you just jump forward and use them, but I'm not sure if they'd help if you got hit to the side.

Ozzie23

Smash Cadet
How do you attack cancel? The only one I know of is the running attack to usmash, but I've heard of many others. What's a swimming jump?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
This is something that I've always wondered, yet never bothered to ask...
When taking snapshots, if I have the Deflicker On/Off, does it change the way it looks when I convert it to the computer? Same goes for the Component cables, if I use the better ones (green, blue & red), will it change the screenshot quality?

Thanks in advance.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
wow, i'm really surprised that there was no previous mention of this but;
Are classic controllers tournament legal?
have the official tournament rules (regarding controller type) been formulated yet?
Thank you.

EDIT: by smash authority *thunder claps and lights go out for a split second* I meant like, the mlg rules or brules or some such...stuff.
Also, that respectuflly wrong ytmnd link is pretty awesome; it sounds like the note is saying 'brawl-brawl-brawl' except for in the high parts. then it's 'bhrey' Maybe I play too much smash...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
wow, i'm really surprised that there was no previous mention of this but;
Are classic controllers tournament legal?
have the official tournament rules (regarding controller type) been formulated yet?
Thank you.
Here's a thread that is kinda discussing the matter:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179195

Simply put: yes. Though wireless problems may occur before matches, which may lead to some bannage from some tournament hosts, generally they should be allowed and accepting.

I don't know what you mean by "official rules" though. I don't know if there's an established Smash Authority. *thunder claps*

I also have a question:
How is it possible to be titled a "Smash Director"? I've hosted some tournaments in the past...

Emuburger

Smash Rookie
Mawu: get 200 ko's in Vs mode.

MK26: I'm not an expert, but I know Popo has stale move negation ( saw a video on YouTube where the iceclimbers desynced their ice blocks to form a falco-ish "laser lock", and the damage steadily decreased for both the ice blocks), and it probably seperate from Nana.

Dekuu: I doubt having the deflicker on or off makes a difference, but I don't know for sure. The quality of the component cables might make a difference, because the image may be degraded in quality in order to be in the right format to be transfered.

How do you multiquote? Also, some weird glitch happened when I was playing Kirby. I dash attacked, then imediately tried to shield grab. I didn't really see a grabbing animation or Mario (my opponent-a level 7 bot) get grabbed or held, but I did see him instantly jump escape from the grab, even though he was at 50%, which is more than enough to hold him for more than a milisecond. Does anyone know what happened?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
How to multiquote:

Click the posts' you wanna quote "Multiquote" icon, then click "Add Reply".
I don't think you can Multiquote posts from different pages though.

~rh

Smash Lord
Just curious: Does anyone know the code for tripping in Brawl? I remember someone talking about it, but I forgot it.

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
O.K, I'm am a computer n00b and was wondering, those big rectangular pictures besow peoples posts, what are they adn how do I get one?

I would have searched it but I don't know what thier called, sorry

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
O.K, I'm am a computer n00b and was wondering, those big rectangular pictures besow peoples posts, what are they adn how do I get one?

I would have searched it but I don't know what thier called, sorry
The thing underneath your posts is called a signature, a "banner" if it's specifically a picture. You can use both text and pics to customize your own (find the User CP above and click around for "Edit Signature") - though you won't be allowed to use pics until you make a certain amount of posts.

Once you can use pics though, you can go here: http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 and nice people can make you a banner - if your not too privy with Photoshop and web-hosting and the like. Otherwise you can make one yourself!

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Question! Is there some kinda freind exhange on this site? It's been a while since I've been 'ere. Also is it sorted by area? Such as UK, America, Japan etc. While I'm here I also want to know what I should have for breakfast too

And if so someone add me DAMMIT! Think of the children! The children in the UK where Brawl has just come out! I wanna Brawl somone so outta my leauge and be UTTERLY OWNED! I have never faced anyone "Pro" before, dispite my ol' knowledge of all that shuffly shiz.

Regardless GoodDay!

Mr.Duplex

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Question! Is there some kinda freind exhange on this site? It's been a while since I've been 'ere. Also is it sorted by area? Such as UK, America, Japan etc. While I'm here I also want to know what I should have for breakfast too

And if so someone add me DAMMIT! Think of the children! The children in the UK where Brawl has just come out! I wanna Brawl somone so outta my leauge and be UTTERLY OWNED! I have never faced anyone "Pro" before, dispite my ol' knowledge of all that shuffly shiz.

Regardless GoodDay!

Mr.Duplex
www.smashboards.com/ff

As for breakfast have bangers and mash.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
My friend and I don't get any stage/image/replay when connecting on WiFi.
Was the download content removed from the PAL version ?

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
to: IronThorn
there aren't really any AT's necessary for good competitive play, but for some characters there are some techniques that will help alot.
Falco- SHDL, short hop and get two lazers with the second one near the ground, you have to wait before shooting the first.
Link/Samus- SH z-air, might want to learn the timing such that the z-air cancels, aswell as the timing for link's bombs(not really an AT)
Snake- (mortorslide? forgot the name of this one) cancels the dash attack into an upsmash, pretty useful because he slides really far. gotta do down-c-stick and then up and z quickly afterwards. Other than that it's tilts and timing.
... :urg: anybody want to finish this list for me?

Top Bottom