• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
This is somewhat of a question as well as a small discovery on my part. I was wondering if anyone has figured this out yet?

I've been practicing the boost smash so as to do it 100% of the times I attempt it. I found an interesting little trick that made it a ton easier. I have to get used to it but it does make it easier. Instead of initiating the dash then moving the stick up and hitting grab, I found that you can initiate the dash by hitting the diagonal upward corner on the side that you want to move towards. So say you want to boost right, hit the up right corner of the stick, then follow with the motions of down C and grab.

Less movement of the stick, less muscle memory, faster boosts.

If anyone found this already let me know, I haven't found any mention of it on these boards so far.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Crazy enough on its own. The whole MK/Dedede/Sheik/ROB/G&W situation must be frustrating.

(I'm rocking Kirby and working on Dedede as seconds.)

Nice to see that CO18 is interested in picking up Wolf.
I don't have any trouble vs ROB/G&W

I go even with above average metaknights. I can't beat top ones though like dojo

Only DDDs I've lost to in tournament were basic sausage's and Atomsks.

I haven't played a good sheik in tourney yet.

The character that has eliminated me at most tournaments have been mostly snakes. I believe the match up is close to even if both players play well. I just haven't played well against them at all... and making stupid mistakes against snakes is NOT good at all

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey guys sorry if this has already been asked but can you help me out here?
what are wolfs best stages, let me know like the best 3 or so please,
and then what are wolfs worst stages, again 3 or so please?
cheers. (gives tedeth an evil smile, "oh I'm coming for you")

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I agree with JCav, that was pretty nice, especially the end :p

@ luke: Wolf does pretty well on many stages, so it's tough to pick a 'best stage' because it depends on the player moreso than the character. Smashville and Battlefield are probably wolf's best neutrals, and I myself am a fan of Halberd and Norfair. Generally, platforms, a small level, and a lot of airspace to abuse wolf's great horizontal aerial mobility are characteristics of levels that wolf players like.

I dislike rainbow cruise, but I'd focus more on stages that your character is good on. As I said, wolf has solid performance on many stages. If you want more information, you can look at the sticky about stages.

A question of my own: Who uses upB every once in a while when recovering to go downwards and sweetspot the ledge, and how well has it been working for you?

:059:

JCav

Smash Lord
A question of my own: Who uses upB every once in a while when recovering to go downwards and sweetspot the ledge, and how well has it been working for you?

i actually find myself using this, but very sparingly and i have no johns about it really

i remember using this in melee all the time

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
i actually find myself using this, but very sparingly and i have no johns about it really

i remember using this in melee all the time
Do you get a good gimp when you use it? If it steals someone's second jump when they come out to edgeguard you I find it can work fairly well.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol I didnt even notice that sticky, thanks guys.
wolf V. snake is one of the best matchups in the game imo.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I need to up my wolf game, what is the best way to approach with wolf? I do what most of the guides say and try to bair but it never usually works and I get grabbed. I usually end up doing my usually thing and forward smash and stale alot of my smash attacks. I only use Bair as a edge guard :/
I do jump reflect though

JCav

Smash Lord
I need to up my wolf game, what is the best way to approach with wolf? I do what most of the guides say and try to bair but it never usually works and I get grabbed. I usually end up doing my usually thing and forward smash and stale alot of my smash attacks. I only use Bair as a edge guard :/
I do jump reflect though
if your getting shield grabbed, you have to space it better

but another very good option is AC Fair and you mentioned shine. not so much approach but a very good universal tool

also, i have a question. 2nd hit of f tilt while opponent is planking or just on the ledge, what do you guys think?

i killed an expecting metaknight at 150%

O.o

castorpollux

Smash Champion

but another very good option is AC Fair and you mentioned shine. not so much approach but a very good universal tool

also, i have a question. 2nd hit of f tilt while opponent is planking or just on the ledge, what do you guys think?

O.o
It's wolf's safest antiplank tool... but if they plank correctly, wolf can't hit them

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Does anyone know anything about wolf's dair's 2nd hitbox?

There is the main hitbox that does 15, and then a hitbox (I'm not entirely sure but I think it's by where his claws are at the beginning of the spike) that does less knockback. I was able to hit with it a few times on grounded opponents, and it knocks them to the floor at later %s, and also seems like it might have more combo potential.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Does anyone know anything about wolf's dair's 2nd hitbox?

There is the main hitbox that does 15, and then a hitbox (I'm not entirely sure but I think it's by where his claws are at the beginning of the spike) that does less knockback. I was able to hit with it a few times on grounded opponents, and it knocks them to the floor at later %s, and also seems like it might have more combo potential.

Wow... i totally didn't know about this at all lol

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wow... i totally didn't know about this at all lol
Lol yeah, I was messing around in training mode and all of a sudden I was like "why is dair only doing 13..." lol. Anyways, probably nothing too useful but if I have nothing else to do I might look into it a little more.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, but it's weaker. That's what interests me though, it seems to have more stun, or at least on stage, because it's not powerful enough to make them collapse or bounce up from the floor at some %s where the v1 dair would do so.

I don't use dair too much offstage anymore... I should work on using it more.

EDIT: I just realized I have 777 posts. I'm going to try to savor this a bit.

:059::059::059::059::059::059::059:

Apollo$

Smash Ace

O.o
I think that would count as planking I guess, and how do I AC Fair?

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
You have to slide your thumb from the jump to the A button while holding forward. It takes a small bit of getting used to, but it's amazing.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Can you do it using the stick? I was under the impression that you couldn't.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I want to post a Thread with a video that contains a way to kill with Wolf Flash.
So, In this community has something like that ?

Can I make this thread ?

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
I main fox but olimar is a pain in the *** sometimes so i re-picked up wolf (ive played him since the release of brawl) i want to make sure i know what im doing is right so answer these questions for me

Momentum cancel move?
Move to replenish with?
Moves i can abuse?
Moves safe on block?
Moves avoid using?
Best method of recovery?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Momentum cancel: JCav had a vid about it somewhere. For vertical, dair. For horizontal (FF), nair (2nd is uair if you'd rather c-stick)
Replenish: Jabs and grab/pummel are your best bets. Blaster works too, and nairing the shyguys on YI. Maybe even the reflector for countering.
Abuse: Bair, bair, blaster against slow people without projectiles/olimar, bair, fsmash after a SHFF bair at %s where it combos, fsmash if your opponent is dumb and runs into stuff, dsmash if you don't mind not being able to kill. Bair, mostly, and maybe retreating AC fair to an extent.
Safe: Bair and retreating fair, both well spaced. I think that's it :(
Avoid: idk, nothing you should 'avoid', but his tilts in general have limited application, check the wolf back room guide for more on moves.
Recovery: SideB is better, but it benefits you to mix it up sometimes. Learn all the tricks to sideB, always aim it a little bit over the ledge in case they decide to ledgehog.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Yes there is one thing to avoid. Dash attack, it's terrible!

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
I main fox but olimar is a pain in the *** sometimes so i re-picked up wolf (ive played him since the release of brawl) i want to make sure i know what im doing is right so answer these questions for me

Momentum cancel move?
Move to replenish with?
Moves i can abuse?
Moves safe on block?
Moves avoid using?
Best method of recovery?
read my quote i want more wolf mains to give me there thoughts/insight/tips

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Momentum Cancel Move: Nair horizontally, Dair vertically
Move to replenish with: AAA, Grab-> pummel-> dthrow, fair, blaster
moves you can abuse: bair
moves safe on block: bair, retreating fair
best method of recovery: umm... side b/up B LOL it depends on the situation. I can't really explain it. Sometimes 1 is better than the other

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Momentum Cancel Move: Nair horizontally, Dair vertically
Move to replenish with: AAA, Grab-> pummel-> dthrow, fair, blaster
moves you can abuse: bair
moves safe on block: bair, retreating fair
best method of recovery: umm... side b/up B LOL it depends on the situation. I can't really explain it. Sometimes 1 is better than the other
Nair can be used to momemtum cancel?

I seem to always use bair to momentum cancel, both up and sideways.

to all the wolf mains are you all sure to always dair when i get hit up and what is the number one move to use to momentum cancel horizontally?

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Lol yeah, I was messing around in training mode and all of a sudden I was like "why is dair only doing 13..." lol. Anyways, probably nothing too useful but if I have nothing else to do I might look into it a little more.

Reminds of the times when B-air does 11% instead of 13%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom