• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I tend to use Uair or UpB to stop a lucas from recovering. Most don't know how / can't react fast enough the first time you do it to them.

Uair also destroys their little ball.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I have two questions...
What are some commonly used followups on a shielded Bair?
And
How do I angle my shield against a Bair to avoid getting poked?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Depends on your character, I cant see your main on my phone. However well spaced ones are harder to punish you can powershield the last hit and dashgrab or jab with q lot of cgaracters. Gws can mix up the speed thougg by fastfalling the bair. As far as how to angle your shield... I dunno lol. Maybe towards it or up+towards the only move I rember to angle my shield for is nado

:phone:

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I main Link. I never knew I could PS the landing hit...
What I'm getting is; shield angled up (+towards) then PS the landing hitbox.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
For short hop Bair, it will hit your foot. To punish, if you have a fast enough option, you can try it before the final hit of the Bair occurs (there's time for shield drop), but I don't know much about link, so yeah. If your opponent is carefull with his spacing, it can be very challenging to punish it though.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
For short hop Bair, it will hit your foot. To punish, if you have a fast enough option, you can try it before the final hit of the Bair occurs (there's time for shield drop), but I don't know much about link, so yeah. If your opponent is carefull with his spacing, it can be very challenging to punish it though.
I usually can't/won't go for a punish since most of my characters can't without a PS.
If there is time for shield drop, I guess that means a JC Usmash/U special will do.

I'm sure his jab is fast enough
Not sure, though I really doubt it.
Links jab hitbox is out on frame 7, slow for a jab
Close enough...

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Link has a very tough time punishing bair, but if it's poorly spaced, then you can buffer a dsmash or just grab. Although grabbing has the highest chance of working, it's also very dangerous because a miss would result in a smash. Sometimes it's just best to back off after a bair.
Also, something a Link does against me when I space poorly is to up b out of shield, you should look into that.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
i got one simple question

what is the best i can do against snake marth and olimar?
i know all mu's are very bad for me but there must be something i can do against them
and another question what is the best second for g&w except mk?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Against Marth I prefer to use fair a lot. Avoid bair and keep your spacing exact. Snake, no idea.
Against Olimar, I find bair to be good. It eats pikmin and if he grabs you it will be interrupted as he has no grab armor. Also Dthrow to dsmash is pretty much guaranteed on Olimar.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
k thx
but the oli player of my crew uses pivot grab tech rolls the dthrow so those two options are just well destroyed....
but marth ok thx i'll try

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't think Olimar can avoid dsmash even if he techrolls. Just time it so it hits them, it doesn't go anywhere when they roll, like 2 inches. Dsmash can also gimp them easily and if they tech the dsmash, you can techchase more. Pivotgrab doesn't matter, the turtle kills the grabbing pikmin most of the time from my experience. If all that doesn't work, you are being outplayed and you gotta get better.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Against Marth I prefer to use fair a lot. Avoid bair and keep your spacing exact. Snake, no idea.
Against Olimar, I find bair to be good. It eats pikmin and if he grabs you it will be interrupted as he has no grab armor. Also Dthrow to dsmash is pretty much guaranteed on Olimar.
I used to play carefully against snake, But you have to be aggro, grab a lot, and juggle him hard with fishbowl. Throw him up, don't dthrow. Snake is closer than people think, he seriously mainly has the advantage because of the huge weight difference. Just get him in the air.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
GaW is even with snake. Heard it here first.

Marth is a *****, olimar is hard but not a counter by anymeans (imo).

Olimar ***** you with pivot grab, but the great weakness to pivot grab is that you have to move towards the edge of the stage. Eventually he'll hit the ledge and then from there you gotta go in hard. As long as you keep this in mind the match-up isn't impossible.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I don't think Snake is even, I however do think it's 55:45 Alph. At the end of the day even against GW snake lives too long and uptilt is just too good IMO

It's way easier for him to kill us than us him

We can air camp... but I dunno i still think he has the edge.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Idk, I've just never vs'd a snake that could **** me. I beat the snake's in my province, my region, and even the 5-ish friendlies I had with Havok vs his snake I think I won 4 of them, then lost vs his MK. I would love to play the other top level snakes though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have great bias towards Snake. I am terrible in the matchup. I don't think I can beat a low level Snake either no matter what character I play... I just don't get it...
So... Gl with G&W then. Also Finnish players said Snake can easily **** G&W by just spamming tilts all day long. I said it's not like that and then a huge ****storm started. Dat 08 mentality.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
it's true those ****ing snake titls are outranging g&w's aerials if he shields them and then punish them it's so broken but thx guys
i just have to be more patient and don't have to be too agressive
btw i love g&w's nair against olimars it just kills their down b super armor ^^

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Full hop fair on Snake's shield is not punishable really... Spaced bair gets punished by dash attack maybe? Also we punish his tilts with bair and fair out of shield. Nothing about snake makes this a broken match-up.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The thing is we will have to be really careful about doing anything to Snake whenever he is on the ground or you kinda die. But yeah, we can totally get past the tilts. Those aren't the problem at all, at least I don't see how G&W has trouble with those tilts more than anyone else.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
it's still pretty hard if you don't know what youre doing. It's one of those matchups you'll end up playing a lot because most people don't understand our character and everyone thinks he hard counters us.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
today i fought against my crewmate he picked marth and with that fair it ended up pretty good if you space it a little bit no more those ****ing up b everytime
against his mk he used a lot up b oos so i had to rethink my strategy but tomorrow i will test my new snake knowledge btw olimar still destroyed me :(

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Those are all really hard matchups if you don't know what you're doing, there's really no shame in having trouble with any of them

by not knowing what you're doing i mean having no matchup knowledge

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have played quite a lot against Snake and Diddy but I still have no idea what to do. I just kinda play as if the opponent was Mario and then proceed to receive ownage.

Top Bottom