• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How to deal with MK in general? What about when he nados? UpB doesn't always work, is there any move that simply beats it? What to do against Dsmash on shield?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Do you have tap jump on? That's how you pop him out immediately the way Zac does, the minute it touches your shield up-b diagonally OoS. I don't have tap jump on because im stubborn. You can also TIlt your shield up and Spotdodge the ending hitboxes, if they move away out of punishment range run away to replenish your shield. Dash attack beats it low (But I think everything does although people have an easier time using dash attack because of the lingering frames). Also you can Dair from the top. Also I know when you're inside you're suppose to di up and outward. I don't know what to do agains Dsmash on shield, if you up-b you're above him, and if you stick around you can expect another.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I would honestly probaly keep the shield up against d smash mks grabs are scary but not as bad as being d smashed again or being above mk

Also if you read the nado you can cancel it by hiting the top of the first hitbox with fair.
And if your really good you can even cancel it with bacon

:phone:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
MK's dsmash on shield is super negative on block.(Means: you got plenty of time)

If you don't have any answer, at least get out of there in stead of risking getting grabbed.

If MK for some reason is recovering/coming towards you with nado, fsmash will beat it easily.

You can't DI when inside the nado, only the first and last hitbox. Mash up b, jump or maybe dair.(A not-perfect nado happens more than you think. I've learned to "feel" when it's not good, and can dair/up b it when time is right)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Don't challenge Down-Smash on its second hit if you're behind him. The shield push is usually enough to put you at a frame disadvantage. Unless you Powershield it of course. But if you're unsure...just reset the situation. That will happen a LOT in this MU where you just have to start over. It's better than some of the stupid **** that can happen to you if you get overzealous.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So I guess dash attack is a really good OoS move against stuff like dsmash?

I didn't know fsmash beats nado. Does it just simply beat it or do you need to do it with good timing or spacing?

And what about the ftilt. I think this is really the hardest thing in the MU. His Ftilt is crazy and he can just not do the whole thing or mixup with grabs to make it hard to deal with it.

I actually even have trouble recovering...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well yes, no one finishes Ftilt on block. They can cancel the 2nd hit and do stuff really fast. You basically need to read it really well. If you start to punish the 2nd hit they can just cancel to the 3rd one anyways.

But thanks for the fsmash thing, though it's too slow to reliably get it done, but might score a few kills now and then.

ZTD | TECHnology

Well yes, no one finishes Ftilt on block. They can cancel the 2nd hit and do stuff really fast. You basically need to read it really well. If you start to punish the 2nd hit they can just cancel to the 3rd one anyways.

But thanks for the fsmash thing, though it's too slow to reliably get it done, but might score a few kills now and then.

Yo at least :gw: can dip with his Up B lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So can he, except 10 times better :c

Well, gonna play a lot with Finlands best MK for the next couple of days, just want to feel like I actually have a chance >_>
Well at least I shouldn't lost so badly to pockets.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
When you do the run-off platform/ledge > special to conserve momentum, I've sometimes been able to reverse that momentum with bacon (go in the opposite direction at the same speed).

How do I recreate this reliably, and does it work for bucket and judgment?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Thanks Alphicans, that seems like a really good options, shame it's not a very hard punish :(

@Grim:
It's just a normal Breversal. When you run of the edge and perform a bacon/judgement, you will immediately turn to the opposite direction with great speed. This is basically the special momentum boost from edges, except you just reverse it.
It doesn't work with bucket because it brakes all momentum.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Run over the edge, press B and immediately afterwards smash to the opposite direction. It should be very easy to do. You should pretty much never fail after you learn to do it.

ZTD | TECHnology

So I am teaming with a :zerosuitsamus: this weekend. :dedede: and :warioc: work well with her. But then there's :gw: ..:yeahboi:

AND it's :metaknight: banned.

Can someone give me tips for this team? Aside from getting the God-like bucket that ZSS provides, what should I focus on for this team? Any general advice from someone experienced with this team would be useful. Thank you.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
idk much about ZSS, but the primary concern should be clearing enough space to fill the bucket. Both of you should always be looking at eachother to see what's going on, and don't be afraid to be very clear vocally when wanting to fill the bucket. **** being secretive about it, the bucket is so strong it doesn't matter. And when you have the bucket, let it rip the second they touch your shield.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Best part about absorbing dsmashes is that the opponents will rush you down, trying to stop it.

And then they get hit by the dsmash.

Free kill.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Be vocal in a secret way, make a codeword for bucketing. Like yelling triangle, thats what I do. And change it between matches. So game 2, yelling triangle means something completely different, meant to counter them stopping the bucket. No joke it works.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I guess that works, but a good team will know that a rush down strategy is the best vs a GaW + bucket filler team. If they're not around you it's probably because they're dead or you were just a boss and dsmashed them both!

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I still have a special place in my heart for ZSS + DDD teams, simply because of DDD throw > ZSS dsmash > DDD fsmash.

Best thing everrrr

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you can somehow get the anubis strat to work in tandem with bucket filling then maybe lucario+gaw is godlike. Unfortunately what usually happens in bucket teams is GaW loses stocks a lot faster because he has to make himself vulnerable in order to use his bucket, so the anubis strat would be hard to use.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dunno, I did pretty well considering everyone was trying to rush us down. And after getting the bucket, everyone kinda ran away from me like I was a rabid nuclear bomb.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
AHA! Well, you see.

I am now going to tell a story. A story about revenge, prediction, honor, surprise, despair and mansex.
There was this Norwegian tournament called Garelaf 5. Gardex was attendingLzR too, as well as Dueler X.
However, a fella named Schwa was also coming. This guy is a Diddy-main from Finland, the best from Finland. Gardex was notorious for having a giant Diddy weakness, but he had practiced with his Diddy-main neighbor. He felt ready. Months before the tourney, Gardex bragged about how he was gonna beat Schwa, last game, last stock, with a glidetoss into 9 hammer. He also predicted 3 G&Ws in the top 6.

And then the tourney begins. Schwa and Gardex get in the same pool, and Gardex gets absolutely roflstomped, just like an earlier tournament. However, after fighting through brackets like a champ, only losing to Gagga the Beast, Gardex found himself in loser's quarters, facing off against Schwa.

Game 1 was pretty one-sided. Schwa 2-stocks Gardex with no big effort. But then, something just clicks.
Gardex 2-stocks Schwa back, and actually produces a crowd. How on earth did that G&W just 2-stock the almighty Schwa? Maybe it was just a fluke. Game 3 was starting. Schwa takes an early lead, a big one. One whole stock ahead he is, Gardex is at his last stock with mid-percentage. Finally he takes off Schwa's 2nd stock, but now he is already in killing range.

The crowd could feel the comeback, some even started chanting for the glidetoss 9 hammer. After a failed gimp attempt, and lots of bair pokes, Gardex feels like it's time. He picks up the banana.

Schwa is in the air, he could not be in a worse position.

Gardex does the glidetoss, and the banana hits.

Then comes the 9 hammer sound. The crowd starts screaming, even Gardex.

But something even louder than the screaming made some noise.

The powershield-sound. Schwa finishes Gardex's last stock.

And thus, my dream ended. However, the set was great. I was ready to upload this.

Then we find out that the replays are gone after the tourney. What the hell man.

Oh, and LzR and Dueler got 5th and 4th.

So to answer your question, no there aren't any recent matches of me(I will upload doubles though, I won that).
Only like 2 matches of Dueler vs Schwa wasn't gone.

AH WAIT!

Just remembered that I MMed Mr-R in Germany last week. Bo7.
Will upload that.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Worst part was that it was a game 3, last stock comeback scenario which I CALLED MONTHS before it happened.

And the banana hit. It was purely because of my slow side b input that made me lose :(
(It was kinda janky because I slid past him as I did the glide toss, so I had to side b the other way, which took time to register in my brain)

Somebody was actually filming something else while this happened, so you can hear me go all "Noooo noooooo nooooooooooooooooooo" in the background.

This also spawned the "meme" in the North; One frame. It was pretty much one frame that cost me the victory, and a huge deal was made out of this by me.
So now people go like "Gardex, how many frames?" "One frame :@"

Top Bottom