• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
haha should i ask in the agon thread in the gsb?
also i wiat for kunai to upload the team-bracket match from gardex and me vs bloody & t
this match was just too awesome :3

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
At like 0% or low percents, if the opponent doesnt tech Down Throw and I use Dair as a follow up, is buffered Dash Attack.guaranteed after the Dair? (on light characters) I seem to land this a lot more than I should on light characters.

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
haha should i ask in the agon thread in the gsb?
also i wiat for kunai to upload the team-bracket match from gardex and me vs bloody & t
this match was just too awesome :3
Yes, please, there were 5 matches of GW ditto (me vs Gardex)
on the big screen that was just at the end of the table towards the counter
on Saturday night. (TV n°16 I think)

@Lzr : Did you already beat Gardex with Icies ?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
At like 0% or low percents, if the opponent doesnt tech Down Throw and I use Dair as a follow up, is buffered Dash Attack.guaranteed after the Dair? (on light characters) I seem to land this a lot more than I should on light characters.
Well there is 15 frames of landing lag on Dair and im not entirely sure what the startup time on Dash Attack is. Idk what the hitstun would be but I feel as though you don't gain enough of a frame advantage for it to be guaranteed, but it does seem like a viable option assuming most player's won't correctly react fast.

I may be wrong tho.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I know regrab is guaranteed, so is fair, I think.

I don't know about dash attack, but you could just go for the regrab or the safe fair

-LzR-

Smash Hero
@Dueler, I have yet to play a set against Gardex, but I think IC vs GW was even between us. I will never ever simply believe a MU like that. GW does indeed have a chance against IC.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't see much reason fair as a grab can net you an incredible punish. Actually after like 30 something I would fair since I believe it has a larger window and should work longer. Also shouldn't nair work as well as it is much faster. If it does I see no advantage using fair instead.

:phone:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
It's fun doing it on low (sometimes mid) calibur players since they have no idea what to do to get out of it lol.

I think I was able to get ShadowPhoenix from 0-40 with it at Brawl in the Hall. (Almost got me a comeback from my SD)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I can only do a jab grab. Anything else and I get owned. And not even the jab grab works most of the time =/

Our jab is ****.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Our jab really isn't that bad. It's slow compared to lots of jabs, but it's fast enough to punish most things that aren't jabs, and it can eat shields decently well. Yeah if you multihit them you'll get punished for it, but usually they take more damage than you do, and trading damage is pretty much good vs any character (arguably not vs snake, but in lots of situations I think it's advantageous).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right fine. I'll experiment more with it. Must be that I play against characters like Falco and Marth a lot who really don't mind our jab at all.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Ground games against Falco is a bad idea with G&W in any regard lol.

Also I usually shield grab, because if they get a punish out, a powershield usually comes out and stops punishes that land on a certain frame.

I also find it hilarious when they land behind you, the back of the jab still hits and you still get the regrab. :awesome:

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
why do dtilt if you could also use a fsmash?
if you predict the correct side, you can also use a fsmash for a eventual kill or at least more damage?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sometimes dtilt works on a certain character and fsmash doesn't. But you're right, if fsmash works, it is a dominating strategy, unless you're near the edge and want to put your opponent at a very specific angle... Although I feel dsmash would do a better job at that as well.

Top Bottom