• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

V

Smash Ace
i've seen people mention combos and pillaring with G-Dub. what are these combos and how do you pillar?

cemo

white walker
UTD Zac - I learned how gay Rainbow Cruise was when I got 3 stocked on it. >.> Gotta be a lot more careful there from now on.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
For a Snake CP, I personally like BF....

1. You can lay low against Grenade Spam

2. You can N-Air Snake and "Juggle" him easily with the platforms in the way

3. You can also lay low from C4's if they're on one pf the platforms

4. You can D-Air Snake through the platforms because he's tall

I'll think of more reasons later

As for a back-up CP...

RAINBOW CRUISE

It's the ultimate G&W CP.

All you have to do is U-Air against a low ceiling. Oh yeah, they're D-Tilt locks everywhere too
Lylat is a good stage for G&W against Snake because of all the platforms. And I also enjoy Yoshi's Island (not pipes). Abuse the platforms and win!

See videos for ideas on what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlMs80f6dOg (Lylat Cruise) Watch me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boVqr8gBKvI (Yoshi's Island) Watch me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2w0RvN1zyU (Battlefield)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZycHYR1s-_g (Rainbow Cruise - what not to do)
ok thanks mangs. I thought Rainbow Cruise was the ultimate stage CP against Snake but I guess not.
So... stages for G&W vs Snake should look like this?
Battlefield > Lylat Cruise > Rainbow Cruise
....Yoshi's Island where?

And the worst stage against Snake is... Final Destination?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok thanks mangs. I thought Rainbow Cruise was the ultimate stage CP against Snake but I guess not.

And the worst stage against Snake is... Final Destination?
Final D and Luigi's Mansion are the worst stages vs Snake. I almost always ban FD vs them.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Hylian is right, it's kind of a bad itch to approach someone with a F-Tilt that can rack up 21% easily, and spam a projectile on a flat stage.

And as for YI, i always ban it. It's a rigid and I fell personally fell hindered by the big platform in the way.

I really hate fighting DK, Lucario, Olimar, D3, and Snake at YI :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
From what Zac has said, I'd say between Lylat and Rainbow Cruise.

I'd still say BF

Surprisingly, some Snakes know RC very well, and know they can kill G&W at 60% against a low ceiling with a U-Tilt.

It really comes down to if you know they hate RC or not.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I prefer, in this order:

1) Lylat
2) Battlefield
3) RC

Heck maybe even put Delfino or Brinstar in there. Both of them have good platforms for jumping around and avoiding everything

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I played a Snake on Brinstar and I felt pretty comfortable on there. The acid did some nasty juggles on Snake, it has close blast zones, and has platforms for pressure. You just really had to avoid getting grabbed on the platforms. My only BIG problem was that it was really hard to see grenades/C4/etc.

But long story short, just don't go all D-Air (or Whorenado) crazy at Brinstar.

1. It doesn't look cool

2. No one will like you for it

3. It makes you look noobish :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Zac got the idea for Lylat from watching me play Ally on that stage :).

Watch my matches vs Ally on RC and Lylat. On Lylat I was going even with him until I killed myself twice because of buffered sausage lol.

On RC I was winning, until he killed me at like 60% off the top with utilt lol. I got careless :p.

Pamaro

Smash Cadet
yea I got beaten by good snake in a tournament.
he could SDI my bair and after he was out he tried to attack me with his bair but wasn often succsessfull.
my qustion is, what if the snake can perfectly SDI the bair from GaW and attack then, what should I do?

and if he carries a granate what can I do? the bair destrois it. Grabs take too long? :(

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Hylian: You SD-ed 5 times in your set against Ally. I think that's a little more than careless. But yes, I enjoyed learning the Lylat trick.

@Motel Vacaville: Not sure yet. Space bair and for him to approach you. Also remember Klaptrap pops out every 10 seconds.

@Pamaro: I prefer nair against Snake, it's really good to combo with because he can't airdodge or attack you out of it, given you're timing it correctly. 0-60 easy.

You do know all DK has to do at Japes is D-Tilt you in the middle platform.

He's low enough to avoid a D-Air, and his arms are long enough to keep you away. And he has SA with Up-B.

And the high ceiling can prevent him from being KO'd. All he has to do is Up-B (much like Bucket Braking).

The same things can be applied at Yoshi's Island too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DK on Japes seems hard. I know how to play Falco though, so I would probably just go Falco >_>.

For GW I would try getting a lead, then staying above him the whole match or grabbing and uthrowing and keeping him above you. The SA and invincibility from the ledges would be a pain.

Guess I need a secondary, but G&W is so cool :laugh:

Anyway, my current strategy against DK at Japes is D-Tilt myself.

I guess I just need to know the match-up more.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Or you could ban Japes?

But honestly, I have no idea how to play against DK. I know I'm supposed to grab him as Dedede, but after that it gets kind of fuzzy...

That's where it gets complicated

If I ban Japes, we go to Luigi's or Yoshi's

If I ban YI, we go to Luigi's or Japes

If I ban Luigi's, we go to Japes or YI

I can't seem to find a "safe" place to fight DK :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What exactly is bad about Japes against DK? It seems like the high ceiling would help you. Is it just the spikes?

What exactly is bad about Japes against DK? It seems like the high ceiling would help you. Is it just the spikes?
You do know all DK has to do at Japes is D-Tilt you in the middle platform.

He's low enough to avoid a D-Air, and his arms are long enough to keep you away. And he has SA with Up-B.

And the high ceiling can prevent him from being KO'd. All he has to do is Up-B (much like Bucket Braking).

The same things can be applied at Yoshi's Island too.

Noa.

Smash Master
Well, if he "bucket brakes", wouldn't that leave him open? From there he would land on stage or in the water. Either way you should be able to punish him, right?

I don't know much about this matchup on this stage, but I'm trying to get some answers.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Hey,

Has it been known that we could go under Smashville and Battlefield?????? i didn't know, and i think i saw someone saying "G&W's jumps are trash he can't even go under battlefield" or something. well in your face.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
Hey,

Has it been known that we could go under Smashville and Battlefield?????? i didn't know, and i think i saw someone saying "G&W's jumps are trash he can't even go under battlefield" or something. well in your face.
he can't under battlefield and smashville

Publix

Smash Apprentice
he can't under battlefield and smashville
Dude, i've done it.

Here is my secrets. jump off the stage and air dodge while DI'ing toward the stage so that you can get close without auto-grabbing the stage. then you just use one jump and then the up-b.

on battlefield, you have to make sure that you jump off the stage backwards, so that while your going under the stage your looking forwards.
and i think it helps to use your second jump as soon as your able to without touching the ceiling. smashville is almost easy to get under

How about a round of applause for Publix aka trill Will? Thats an awesome find. i can't wait until i use it against a Jiggs who camps/stalls under smashville all day.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
I don't even see how it's an advantage for G&W to go underneath the stage.

It gives us another option, even tho its kinda situational.
But if a diddy has two bannas on the right side, or a snake has mines,claymores, grenades and other stuff, and we are off stage with our second jump still with us, we can go towards the stage, airdodge(missing the auto edge-lock on, and anything that the diddy or snake is doing), then we can get to the other side, where the snake or diddy don't have all their shinanigans setup.

Sounds like this discovery goes to me. Chyeah!

It gives us another option, even tho its kinda situational.
But if a diddy has two bannas on the right side, or a snake has mines,claymores, grenades and other stuff, and we are off stage with our second jump still with us, we can go towards the stage, airdodge(missing the auto edge-lock on, and anything that the diddy or snake is doing), then we can get to the other side, where the snake or diddy don't have all their shinanigans setup.

Sounds like this discovery goes to me. Chyeah!
Are you really willing to risk a stock so easily?

I still say just "hug" the ledge with Up-B and just use Up-B on the stage.

Noa.

Smash Master
Though only time when going across under the stage is useful is when your oponent is on the ledge, ready to punish your attempt to get up on stage. But the way G&W has to do it seems like this is null since we can't be already hanging on the ledge to use it.

Makes it pretty pointless.

Also, you really can't attack underneath the stage.

If you F-Air, you have the risk of lag to worry about, and F-Air seems like the only move worth using underneath the stage imo.

Top Bottom