• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
if ur looking for have a secondary for those rare occasions,go with wario,since they're so similar

snake or MK if ur looking for a secondary that you'll rely on often but they'll take more time to learn.

Personally im not a fan of secondarys xP

all that time used learning a secondary could be used to become better with G&W alone lol:p

YungPhil

Smash Rookie
Hmm ok thanks
I used to main Wario for my secondary before
Iam good with PT i find it easier beating Snakes and MK and Marths with Ivysaur
Wario iam starting to lose my touch with him T_T
Snake i tryed playing with him before for fun
But hes way to hard for me to learn..
Iam starting to get the hand of spacing with my G & W against Marths though
And for me it aint really mastering 3 characters with PT
I just use ivysaur and squirtle mainly

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
lol ivysaur vs marth? isn't that like grab release heaven for marth.
anyways.

so i just got back from a tournament, placed in the top.
to get to the question:
i got knocked out of losers by a peach, matchup tips? i've never played a good peach before. >.>;

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
This question is specifically for UTD Zac.......

Here in the NE region u have quite a few G&W children being jizzed on by other characters and i was wondering when you're going to come over and establish ur authority here? 0.o

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
since NoJ "stopped" I think I'm the only one in MI. There are a few random ppl who play him (last i knew, but i haven't seen one in a few months) and there's like, Lain who's still decent, but as far actually active main, I'm the only.

Though I'd still count NoJ if I were anyone.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
since NoJ "stopped" I think I'm the only one in MI. There are a few random ppl who play him (last i knew, but i haven't seen one in a few months) and there's like, Lain who's still decent, but as far actually active main, I'm the only.

Though I'd still count NoJ if I were anyone.
*cough* *cough*

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
the only reason you should be getting dsmashed by a D3 after a dthrow is because you roll towards him.

try using getup attack, or rolling away from the D3.
the other thing is try getting up and immediately UP-Bing.
change up your paths, sometimes getup, some others towards him, some away. just really depends on how much you can read the D3.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
nah. the spiking properties of the dair still come out as the same. if it hits as soon as the key comes out, it spikes, if not then nope.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
BF allows you to nair string super well, and makes it easier.
you can also catch opponents off guard and dair some through the platform.

platforms just allow for so many things with gw, as opposed to a flat stage.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
For G&W I find myself doing ALOT of my attacking in the air.

Is this a good idea? Because I really like is fair and bair but I just need to know if I should be using him on the ground more. I really only go on the ground to try to guard the edge and things like that.

Also, is his utilt good in this game? I have gotten mixed reactions with it in matches.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol yes
Game and Watch is meant to be doing most of his damage[nair,bair] in the air(against most characters)
He only has 2 reliable kill moves in the air tho, fair , and dair[occasionally]
uair/bair is used for spacing,baiting, and pressuring
he also has more options or KO's on the ground but they won't work unless you're good at baiting your opponent and are more punishable if done incorrectly.

Dtilt and ftilt[sometimes] is used for spacing

utilt...is rarely used
but shouldn't be forgotten =/

good if u manage to get an utilt at 0%
or utilt into nair tho i wouldn't rely on it lol

we had a whole thread on this ;/ lulz
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257074

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Although the answer to this question may go unanswered, I will ask it anyway. If anyone has played him, what is the best strategy against M2K besides getting *****?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ehh,i don't think the MU is that bad that anyone should be getting 3 stocked;/

camp harder lol
seriously

you just gota wait for an opening,and hope to figure out his patterns

never go for early % dairs or grabs against good MK's lol;/
avoid that sorta stuff ya know

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
If you play Mew2King, you will find that no matter what you do, it's wrong. He plays a very aggressive MK, which should be in GnW's favor, but it doesn't turn out that way. I know why he is the best player in the world, but jesus he is vicious.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ill let you know next time i play him. My guess is you don't want to attack as often as you normally would. I'm not talking about camping... I'm talking about baiting stuff. If you keep trying to throw out attacks and hope they hit, you'll never win that way. You have to have a gameplan the whole time you're player, or at least, that's how I play against very smart MKs.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Yeah, I'm already dreading him going to Pound 4. What makes it worse is we (Step'N'Smash Dayton) will probably be taking him there.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Ill let you know next time i play him. My guess is you don't want to attack as often as you normally would. I'm not talking about camping... I'm talking about baiting stuff. If you keep trying to throw out attacks and hope they hit, you'll never win that way. You have to have a gameplan the whole time you're player, or at least, that's how I play against very smart MKs.
that's what i meant too D:<

lulz

@ban
can't wait till pound 4 too D:
still trying to figure out a way to get thar

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
there are rare occasions when dair is better than bucket break but overall always try to go for a BB,
vertically and horizontally

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
there are rare occasions when dair is better than bucket break but overall always try to go for a BB,
vertically and horizontally
This ^

I've done the research myself and found very very few situations where dair is better than bucket braking (and by better I mean by 0.4%). These situations tend to be on stages with smaller ceilings. You should ALWAYS bucket brake on stages like Jungle Japes with huge ceilings.

Top Bottom