• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Hat Dancing (it might be called something else, but I calls it Hat Dancing) is performing a up-smash while dashing to have a sliding up-smash, and repeating this across the entire stage back and forth.

Splice

Smash Hero
Hat Dancing (it might be called something else, but I calls it Hat Dancing) is performing a up-smash while dashing to have a sliding up-smash, and repeating this across the entire stage back and forth.
Sounds like a Hyphen Usmash to me.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Did GnW have a dacus before? I have no wii so no way to test. I know this will not work if he did not. Which makes me sad. I want to slide halfway across FD with my diver's helmet...

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Noob. Dacus works for all characters, however some characters don't get a slide at all, making it useless. G&W is one of these characters.
Completely unnecessary explanation of my answer to another. Thanks for explaining the obvious that G&W gains no benefit from the Dacus and that he gains no benefit from this new way to perform the Dacus.

Come back when you wanna be useful.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
HEY!!!

I like pie.
Me too!

Completely unnecessary explanation of my answer to another. Thanks for explaining the obvious that G&W gains no benefit from the Dacus and that he gains no benefit from this new way to perform the Dacus.

Come back when you wanna be useful.
What is the new way to perform DACUS? And wich characters gain benefit from it?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264193
The first post along with the video in said post should give you an idea of how to do the new DACUS.

The characters who benefit from this, as far as I know, were all the characters who benefited from the old DACUS technique. This is just an alternate way of doing a frame perfect DACUS, it looks like. Going by your icon, Falco has a pretty awesome one.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264193
The first post along with the video in said post should give you an idea of how to do the new DACUS.

The characters who benefit from this, as far as I know, were all the characters who benefited from the old DACUS technique. This is just an alternate way of doing a frame perfect DACUS, it looks like. Going by your icon, Falco has a pretty awesome one.
Thank you. Too bad that G&W cant do it :( (I know that every char can do it, but not all get a boost, so dont start flaming)

Gah777

Smash Lord
How well do falco and g&w team? what kind of strategies are they capable of? what does falco contribute to the team? what does g&w contribute to the team?

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
How well do falco and g&w team? what kind of strategies are they capable of? what does falco contribute to the team? what does g&w contribute to the team?
Falco is not generally used in teams but:
Falco and GaW can use:
1. Bucket + Lazer - for easy damage and KO's (possible)
2. CG's into smash attacks/ judgement
3. Throw into spikes+ Tech chasing
4. Grabs into DACUS/ New DACUS
Falco contributes:
Quick damage with lasers + stun time.
Really short CG's but can lead to KO's
Spikes for tech chase
Gaw contributes:
KOs + Prevent Falco from getting gimped with upair
Stock tank (possible?)
Quick damage with all aerials
Juggling ( Nair + UpB + Up Air)
Tech chasing opportunities (Gaw's Dthrow)

Gaw basically prevents falco from getting gimped a lot. Not a lot of outstanding things. Like strong bucket. But Tech chasing, Grabs, Lasers will make them pretty good teammates.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Teaming with Fox is more worthwhile than teaming with Falco as far as I'm concerned, since Fox destroys people a lot faster and his higher mobility provides better support (like idk, say he pivot grabs someone and then you Up-smash lol).

Although idk how, but I've seen DEHF **** teams with his Falco lol. I almost beat him and Bigfoot in teams. Almost...except DEHF stopped me from making a 2v1 comeback lol.

OpFor

Smash Rookie
Falco and GaW can use:
Falco contributes:
Spikes for tech chase
Gaw contributes:
Stock tank (possible?)

Gaw basically prevents falco from getting gimped a lot. Not a lot of outstanding things. Like strong bucket. But Tech chasing, Grabs, Lasers will make them pretty good teammates.
also G&W can bucket Falco's CGs

kaak

Smash Journeyman
Falco and GaW can use:
Falco contributes:
Spikes for tech chase
Gaw contributes:
Stock tank (possible?)

also G&W can bucket Falco's CGs
learn 2 read

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
Please don't double post. Just edit your previous response.

Hm. I should start trying to team with a falco then. This should be sweet.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's still much easier to absorb the normal lasers from Falco. Even then, the bucket does so little damage and doesn't kill to ridiculously high percents. I do like being able to have a super far-ranged attack though...

Falco's bthrow and fthrow lasers in a bucket will do only 18%
Falco's normal laser (B) in a bucket will do 25%
Not sure about dthrow...

One cool trick I like to do while teaming with someone that has crappy energy projectiles (fox, falco, bowser, peach, etc...) is to not try and get a bucket at all. Instead, I'll try and get one of the opponent's strong projectiles (like aura sphere or luigi's fireball or zss dsmash) and THEN after only getting one of those, I fill the rest of the bucket with lasers or something weak. Sure it's not as powerful as it could be, but it's still a really strong attack that kills sooner than most of my slow smashes anyway. And it's a lot easier to get than 3 aura spheres or w/e.

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, since it's hard to hit with GaWs smashes, what other moves do you prefer to kill with? I kill with either fair, dair, or utilt depending on the character weight. Utilt kills light opponents at 145 or so, so I like to keep it fresh. I'll kill heavies with dair at around 150 and Fair at 130 or so.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
i kill with judgement (:
and fair and dair.
always spam uair to refresh your killing moves, mostly dair and fair.

cemo

white walker
yeah, you bucket the toad spores.
which... doesn't happen very often? in singles it can only happen through chef.

izzy24

Smash Ace
can u guys help me out with this: im fighting ZSS and sometimes i find myself in a situation where im at the ledge, the ZSS will space so well that he can spam sideb tip, i cant hit him with nair cause he's too far, if i time the sideb and try to punish i get jab and im on the ledge again (1 frame jabs r amazing), if i jump i get upair and possibly die, and if i mess up on the timing and get sideb i die, WTH do i do???????

the only thing that kinda worked was to upb (so like invisibilty to invisibility LOL) but even then im in a bad position to get upair.

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
I always just gimp them with fair.

how do you set up for u tilts at all?
I barely get u tilt kills.
there really aren't any set-ups for utilts, but it does last just a tad long enough to hit people constantly using SH airdodges. If they are over you, it's usually better to just up-b with invincibility, just don't get predictable with it.

Just curious, when you are recovering from high up, do you ever use bucket or judgement to change directions to recover using turtle? I use it every now and then, and it's fine and all, but what do guys think of that?

Top Bottom