• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
Who will get targeted when link uses his FS and there are more than one players on the stage?

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Snake's codecs are the same as Samus's transform, taunts up-down-up. If that doesn't work, try just crouching in front of your opponent for a little bit.

Talendime

Smash Ace
When Yoshi first got put on the Brawl site, Sakurai mentioned that his Up+B move can now be used to propel him upwards. I haven't seen any evidence of this. Is it true? Why would Sakurai say that if it wasn't?
Thank you!!

Razed

Smash Ace
Is EB games supposed to call you to say that they've got your reserved copy?

snowmanboy

Smash Rookie
I don't undersand all these terms people use, like one was DI Smash, idk what that is. is there a thread that informs us of all these terms us newbs don't understand? if anyone could list some I would appreciate it. thanks.
I still don't understand them, can someone explain some plz?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
In Wi-Fi play, how are there four messages if there are 3 taunts? In other words, will the character taunt if you do the fourth taunt? What will he/she do? :confused:

SlashandBurn

Smash Rookie
A land down under, handing holidayers vegemite san
A couple of questions, i know these are probably common knowledge but I've been out of it for a bit and answers would be great:

1. The question on everyone's mind, is the DK Rap in Brawl?
2. Are you able to select the underground section of Mushroomy Kingdom from the stage select screen?

Talendime

Smash Ace
A couple of questions, i know these are probably common knowledge but I've been out of it for a bit and answers would be great:

1. The question on everyone's mind, is the DK Rap in Brawl?
2. Are you able to select the underground section of Mushroomy Kingdom from the stage select screen?
1. yes!
2. i don't know. try holding the trigger or something

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
This is a pretty stupid question but I just want to make sure. I preordered Brawl at Circuit City and I'm planning on getting it tomorrow morning. Should I be expecting huge lines before the store opens, or will I be able to go in and buy it right away? I have no idea if people are going to wait in line for a morning release, anyone here have any experience with this?

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
my half-brother lives in america and we were wondering, can you send brawl screenshots from his wii, to my wii if i do not have brawl? like, will it be saved to my wii message board or do i need brawl to view it?

Thanks. Chris

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
What are phantom hits?

Is earthbound still in? What has been removed?

Is the devil assist trophy still in?

waynesworld91

Smash Rookie
Do you think there will be Brawl Tournaments like how Melee had it? Things like MLG (major league gaming) or something of that sort?

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
wiiwanttobrawl: I have no idea, check your local stores.

Mrsilver: Why not just get the latest? I think that is all that is needed.

Waynesworld91: I imagine a few will be there, but if it turns out that brawl is not competitive...

Questions:

Is earthbound in for sure?

What are phantom hits?

What boxes cannot be goldenly hammered?

WarOnStage

Smash Rookie
HOw does air cancelling work? And what's that thing where you hop up before you hit the ground? And how does that work?

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Where is Bonus?!

No, but really. My boyfriend and I played Melee almost exclusively with Bonus Mode rules (as opposed to Stock of Time). It was probably the most fun mode for us. It actually made taunts useful. But in Brawl I can't find it anywhere in the rules...did they seriously take it out? :S Thereby removing the point of taunts, first-strike, and all the other bonuses we strive so hard to get? Please tell me it's unlockable...

kyumori82

Smash Rookie
ok then.. i have two questions!

1- do you get a trophy or sticker for having save data in your wii or on your gamecube memory card? if so, is this the only way to get it? (ex- pikmin trophy in ssbm -> for having pikmin save data on memory card)

2- when you take snapshots and save them, can you end up sending them to friends who don't have brawl? or can you only send snapshots to friends registered in your friend roster?

Thanks!

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Where is Bonus?!

No, but really. My boyfriend and I played Melee almost exclusively with Bonus Mode rules (as opposed to Stock of Time). It was probably the most fun mode for us. It actually made taunts useful. But in Brawl I can't find it anywhere in the rules...did they seriously take it out? :S Thereby removing the point of taunts, first-strike, and all the other bonuses we strive so hard to get? Please tell me it's unlockable...

I think all those cool little scoring bonus thingies are out entirely. From what I've seen/played of the Japanese version, there's no list of scores after a Vs. match (aside from stats that I assume are things like run distance, damage dealt, etc.), and in all the Classic videos I've seen, you get coins for time and damage but there's nothing else shown.

I never played the actual Bonus mode, but reading through my bonuses and going for high scores always made Classic mode a lot more fun...I'm sad that they don't seem to be around anymore.

Razed

Smash Ace
How DO you unlock characters? All the 4 guides I've seen so far are wrong. Example; unlocking Toon Link by beating Classic with Link. It doesn't work. I tried it on easy/medium/hard. It just didn't work.... Can anyone tell me how to get the characters?

I've currently got:

Luigi - 22 brawls
Marth - 10 brawls i think
Falco - 100 man melee
Ness - I don't remember... it wasn't hard :S

--

Also, how do you unlock the other target tests?

--

Also, where are all the people on Wifi basic brawl? I've seen like, one person in about 10 attempts!

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm stuck on SSE. I'm on the stage (The Great Maze) and I've beaten all the boss characters so there are no more...now what do I do? I beat them all and I'm still in the Great Maze...

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I am stuck at one point on SSE. I am on the Research Facility(the part after Samus gets her suit) and I now have to wall jump to reach a teleporter .Yet I stop being able to go up after a certain period of time, any suggestions?

Nothing to see here, move along folks

Niblet

Smash Cadet
What do gardevoir and bonsley do? Is there anything unlocked for beating classic or all-star on intense without using continues? I don't think I can make it without continues and I'll use a hammer if I have to.

Niblet

Smash Cadet
I'm stuck on SSE. I'm on the stage (The Great Maze) and I've beaten all the boss characters so there are no more...now what do I do? I beat them all and I'm still in the Great Maze...

Well if you are still stuck here it what you do. In the great maze, when you pause your game, you will notice bowser heads that glow on your map. You must navigate to the doors that have bowser heads and defeat the people behind those doors.

When you see that you have no bowser heads left, look on your map. IIRC, towards the center, a little more up and left, there is a room that is not that big. It should have a door symbol that has not yet been connected. By now all other doors should connect to somewhere else, so it'll be easy to spot. Go to that room.

This room previously held figures of characters you hadn't yet defeated. If there are no characters left in the background, walk to the middle of the room and press up. Your character should begin walking off into the background. Now fight Tabuu.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Well if you are still stuck here it what you do. In the great maze, when you pause your game, you will notice bowser heads that glow on your map. You must navigate to the doors that have bowser heads and defeat the people behind those doors.

When you see that you have no bowser heads left, look on your map. IIRC, towards the center, a little more up and left, there is a room that is not that big. It should have a door symbol that has not yet been connected. By now all other doors should connect to somewhere else, so it'll be easy to spot. Go to that room.

This room previously held figures of characters you hadn't yet defeated. If there are no characters left in the background, walk to the middle of the room and press up. Your character should begin walking off into the background. Now fight Tabuu.
Well, I never would have guessed I could "walk" into the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom