• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Pika wrecks Ganon as far as I'm concerned.

One Uair and Ganon might never get down. LOL

I don't really enjoy playing against Ganon though. He's really boring in almost every way to me. :\

soju

SD God
Meh against Ganon you just avoid getting hit, but when he gets that hit he can wreck your shiz up.

So it's better to play a more defensive Game play unless your axe. XD

soju

SD God
Ummm, Ganon is really a hard matchup for Chu, yea there are ways
to beat Ganon pretty easily, but if you mess up even once, the Punishment
Ganon can give you will pretty much whoop your butt

You can edgeguard the shiz outa him though

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
hey you crazy pika lovers... lately i have kind of fallen in love with this character and am trying to make him my third main.. i notice that people i play a lot arnt falling for my same dumb falco/falcon tricks and are beating me easier.. but they actually have more trouble fighting my pika consistantly.. whats some gay as stuff i can do with this char to take on sum mad geeeey characters.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I played against zhu's pikachu at POE3 it was pretty amazing he DDed and looked like a ball. Zhu needs to learn to not get mindgamed. hopefully it will be on youtube soon.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you saw the match? cool. I think it's funny how I can't stay bad or good for long, like I was 4 stocked like 5 times in a row by this guy as pichu/marth then I completely ***** him when we when to the right room.

the part that i remember more than anything else is how in the falco dittos he jumped right into my shine at the beginging of the match.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
I got a couple of q's:

1. Has anyone perfected the same-direction quick attack? You know, where you quick attack in the same direction twice? I find myself doing this on accident sometimes, but I can never recreate it on purpose.

2. Why are the Pikachu boards so inactive? :(

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
AS pichu I can do it what 50% and it makes my recovery retardedly long. however i'm talking about double upper right/left which is way easier. straight up double is really hard also pikachu can't double upper left/right.

also axe hasn't been posting. he is cooler than most people here sorry N64

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I got a couple of q's:

1. Has anyone perfected the same-direction quick attack? You know, where you quick attack in the same direction twice? I find myself doing this on accident sometimes, but I can never recreate it on purpose.

2. Why are the Pikachu boards so inactive? :(
1. There was a discussion about this wayyy back. Its almost near impossible to do on purpose iirc. You can do it in 1/4 speed with a higher success rate. I'm too lazy to find the post where Axe describes the situations and does the youtube video of him testing it.

2. Cuz ICG isn't posting about pichu stuff as much.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
You have to tilt (a tiny bit, like 1/4 the way) straight left right or down (basically just no part of the tilt can be up) during the like, 2 frames where pikachu is super stretched out right between his up bs. if you go into 1/4 time and look really hard you should see the part where pikachu stretches. Apparently it tricks pikachu into going his default direction which is up again. Also you can turn around based on which way you tilt. But good luck ever doing this in a real match lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
Sorry I haven't been posting here guys. It's been pretty inactive here and my internet's been down for a while too :(

Anyways... Without touching any walls/floors/ceilings, the only direction that you can go twice in with your up-b is Up. Ch3s pretty much hit the nail on the head with how to perform that technique.

It's a different story if you're touching a wall/floor/ceiling. You can go left/right twice across the floor if you start your up-b on the floor and do your first zip of the up-b diagonally downwards in the direction you want to go, then go directly horizontally with your second zip (you can also do the opposite, going horizontally with the first zip then diagonally downwards with the second zip). This isn't really useful though, because the lag that you suffer after doing this is tremendous.

I haven't actually tested it, but I'd imagine that the same concept could be used for going downwards/upwards twice while touching a vertical wall. I'm pretty sure that this works, but I'll test it next time I get the chance to just to make sure.

Apex is in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, and I can't wait to show everyone how much my Pikachu has improved :) I hope I see many of you guys there!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Apex is in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, and I can't wait to show everyone how much my Pikachu has improved :) I hope I see many of you guys there!
Seriously, you're going to Apex too? If we could get you, Anther, and ESAM all together in a 3 way Brawl that would be so much Pika ownage, lmao

Kind of my first post here but I've been lurking for a while, the Pika boards really need more activity. XD I'm trying to improve my Pika here (I've mained him since the day I got Melee and never switched) so I can actually last more than 10 secs in an actual Melee tourney match. I wish the Melee CPU's didn't fail so much.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Seriously, you're going to Apex too? If we could get you, Anther, and ESAM all together in a 3 way Brawl MELEE that would be so much Pika ownage, lmao

Kind of my first post here but I've been lurking for a while, the Pika boards really need more activity. XD I'm trying to improve my Pika here (I've mained him since the day I got Melee and never switched) so I can actually last more than 10 secs in an actual Melee tourney match. I wish the Melee CPU's didn't fail so much.
Dude, you should definitely play some more Melee Chu! He's the greatest lol. I'm curious what Anther's like; I've never met him before.

Who else is going to Apex?

soju

SD God
AXE! tell me what anther's like if you do meet him ;D
He's basically the person that got me into Pikachu(and AK) even though my playstyle is nothing
like his XD

oh and 64 karate chu is better =w=

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Dude, you should definitely play some more Melee Chu! He's the greatest lol. I'm curious what Anther's like; I've never met him before.

Who else is going to Apex?
Not so much a dude. ;p

And lol, I've been playing Melee chu since 2003/4, whenever I first got Melee. :D Even beat Event 51 with Pika. I love me some Melee Pika, I mained him first and never switched lolol. I play Brawl Pika too, but I really wish they didn't add that lag to his dtilt. I use that so much in Melee. :(

And you've never met Anther? :o I hear he's super nice. I haven't met him before either but I hope I'm able to before he doesn't go to tourneys anymore. >< ESAM is going to Apex I think, I'm not sure, and Anther might be too. Also Sudai has plans on going.

The whole thread with preregistered members is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258857
AXE! tell me what anther's like if you do meet him ;D
He's basically the person that got me into Pikachu(and AK) even though my playstyle is nothing
like his XD

oh and 64 karate chu is better =w=
Lol. That's awesome to hear he got you into Pika. XD

64 Karatechu= Project Melee, ftw

******* EDIT: Ok, so I was working on my wavedash when I was recovering to the stage and was pressing buttons to wavedash by habit. I think what happened next was that I wavedashed at the exact time I hit the stage after my 2nd quick attack and I SLIIIIIID across the stage (FD) like I've never seen before. I literally slid all the way to almost to the edge of the other side (and I didn't land in the center of the stage, either). Is this some kind of super Pika wavedash? o.o I tried to recreate it but couldn't.

AXE 09

Smash Master
******* EDIT: Ok, so I was working on my wavedash when I was recovering to the stage and was pressing buttons to wavedash by habit. I think what happened next was that I wavedashed at the exact time I hit the stage after my 2nd quick attack and I SLIIIIIID across the stage (FD) like I've never seen before. I literally slid all the way to almost to the edge of the other side (and I didn't land in the center of the stage, either). Is this some kind of super Pika wavedash? o.o I tried to recreate it but couldn't.
Lol. Well... Pikachu CAN super wavedash. The only way to do it though is if your second zip of your up-b collides with another attack of equal priority. So maybe you were playing against a computer and he jabbed you out of your up-b? Or maybe you had a flipper on stage and up-b'd into it? Idk lol. But you can't do this by yourself at will; you have to have an enemy attack to clank with.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ahh, ok then, I see. XD That's amazing that that happened then. I was playing vs. a lv 8 or so Falco CPU. Might have been 5, I forgot, it was some level below 9 because I was trying to work with wavedashing (I never played Melee competitively so I'm trying to learn some techs). He was right next to me in the area I went towards the stage so yeah, I remember he did attack right as I got to the stage.

That's pretty epic though.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
In my experience against Doll a long time ago, momentum usually stayed in favor of whoever stayed below the other.

I know that's mad basic, but that's what works

Also: abuse the fact that Pikachu's shield is effing terrible

I've also learned that a super aggressive Peach can definitely clock in more effectively than one that camps...if you don't give Pika breathing room, he can't find what few openings he's already limited to by virtue of the matchup

N64

Smash Champion
XIF straight up wrecked me last time we played. Hardest peach I've played. Pika has few options against peach's rush down fc game. Also fc aerial->dsmash will destroy pika's meh shield and very likely shield stab if he chooses to shield it. If he dashes away, start floating low again and reset the situation. If he tries to beat your aerial, with proper spacing he'll usually at best trade with fair, which isn't too bad.

Peach is a moving wall of priority, i guess i'm not fully sure how good peaches do it but against them it just feels like any approach i make will end with at least a trade, and eventually I'll die first since she does twice the damage I do.

Also D'oH you're probably my favorite peach to watch these days. Especially in teams heh.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
How does pikachu play that match-up? As pichu I got peach up to 170% everytime and killed with nair however I was super camping beyond what i've ever gayed out at anyone before. But FCing is unbareable you can't approach and fair d-smash is half a full F***ing stock it's soooo gay I played husband in pools and I had enough of his peach and some one else peach I camped so I asked him to go sheik and I did worlds better even of he chain throw me to a lot.

any advice for me? I think I should have used more mindgames :p

Top Bottom