• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask KirbyKaze sheik questions (better than mango's)

soap

Smash Hero
The dash dance scenario looks awkward like that because the areas are so close to each other, but in the usual camping process the players are never close. What usually happens is

<---X------------> <--X----------->

or

<-------------X--> <-----------X-->

You have to aim for around the back of the range or even further back. Sheik and Peach both lunge forward with their dash attack so it becomes easier to throw people off guard by covering a lot of space so quickly.

Vs. Marth >_> Grab, don't do weak moves into CC, edge guard. Off stage is really hard for Marth because of Needles/Ledge n-air/b-air
yes. this tactic is amazing. works best in conjunction with boost grab. this is where its utilitity really comes in handy. Ive been grabbing running foxes for a while with it

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace

what I like to do against marths is if I don't feel like approaching I just charge needles, and then if they approach me I shield, run away and then throw them. if they continue dash dancing I throw them.

if they do other stuff I sometime just throw a single needle at a time, then they continue dash dancing, then I continue throwing single needles, they get impatient, then run at me with an attack which I can then punish. camping is too good

soap

Smash Hero
lol soapy time is not camping. its throwin out sex to distract people, then ****** them

its like they are seeing this sexy *** sheik in a bathtub and they begin to approach, then they slip on your lube, then u cut their throat

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I know, I just thought that since people don't see the full image, I would be doing a favor by posting it, then posting advice people won't follow

but they follow SOAP'S advice

when I play a marth, and they're off the edge, I like to drop down, then use the first part of the up-b then grab the edge. then they get edgehooged and die, then I say, "SOAP TAUGHT ME THAT"

soap

Smash Hero
I know, I just thought that since people don't see the full image, I would be doing a favor by posting it, then posting advice people won't follow

but they follow SOAP'S advice

when I play a marth, and they're off the edge, I like to drop down, then use the first part of the up-b then grab the edge. then they get edgehooged and die, then I say, "SOAP TAUGHT ME THAT"

lol, thats kinda like how everyone puts gimpyfish in their youtube tags so people will watch their videos.

lol i wish i could show my whole sig everytime.

maybe ill just start posting the image separately when i make an important post

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
yes. this tactic is amazing. works best in conjunction with boost grab. this is where its utilitity really comes in handy. Ive been grabbing running foxes for a while with it
dash grab is amazing. makes me wish fox had a better dash-grab >.> lol
with sheik can also be good in combos when they're to far away for an arial but to high for a dash attack (grab has a slightly higher hitbox then dash attack afaik)

Falcinho

Smash Ace
yeah KK, no problem =D
---

There are Falco players who do ledgehopped shineturnaround dairs.
Are there also Sheik players who edgeguard with cool and silly stuff like ledgehopped needleturnaroundcancel to fair?

(jump after the shine/needlecancel ofc)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yeah KK, no problem =D
---

There are Falco players who do ledgehopped shineturnaround dairs.
Are there also Sheik players who edgeguard with cool and silly stuff like ledgehopped needleturnaroundcancel to fair?

(jump after the shine/needlecancel ofc)
Yes, that works.

In general it's better to B-air but if you want to be fancy then it's okay. Beware of doing the 0-death chain combo to yourself though. For that reason I try to avoid needle turn around stuff from the ledge in tournament.

Also, I think you mean "ledgedropped". Sheik doesn't have more than one double jump.

soap

Smash Hero
i ledgehop needle turn bair to get off the edge alot against edgeguarders. its alot better than ledghop fairs imo.

its like any other tech, u need to be confident in it to use it. I used to SD alot trying to do simple wavedash edgehog a couple years ago, doesnt mean i stopped trying cuz i might die

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Magus is really amazing. He said, when techhasing, you can cc Falcon's getup attack and then shieldgrab. Can you do the same thing vs Fox/Falco? So..

1 they get up attack
2 they hit you while your cc'ing
3 you shield and then grab them

I'd test it out, but I don't have my melee disk currently. :(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Magus is really amazing. He said, when techhasing, you can cc Falcon's getup attack and then shieldgrab. Can you do the same thing vs Fox/Falco? So..

1 they get up attack
2 they hit you while your cc'ing
3 you shield and then grab them

I'd test it out, but I don't have my melee disk currently. :(
You CC the attack to shieldgrab?

That seems a little weird lol. I've CCed get up attacks and grabbed people out of it though, so thats possible and its possible vs any character as long as you don't get knocked down by it (If you tried it at like 150%+).

I've also done this with marth vs a fox that get up attacked me and I CCed tipper fsmashed :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
its like any other tech, u need to be confident in it to use it. I used to SD alot trying to do simple wavedash edgehog a couple years ago, doesnt mean i stopped trying cuz i might die
That's true.

Nurgle.

I guess I'm just not entirely in support of something when the alternatives are easier and overall more efficient, especially in tournament where I think efficiency is rather important. Low reward for high risk, etc.

soap

Smash Hero
That's true.

Nurgle.

I guess I'm just not entirely in support of something when the alternatives are easier and overall more efficient, especially in tournament where I think efficiency is rather important. Low reward for high risk, etc.
iono, ledgestall to waveland gets predictable. What are other efficient methods off the ledge?

i do alot of sheik clod zeros lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
KK, can you wd onto the stage perfectly? m2k said it was too hard for him and he doesn't wanna sd at like some stupid percent. If not, could you show a vid of someone doing it?

What I mean by doing it perfectly is wavedashing onto the stage so that you still have invincibility frames.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
iono, ledgestall to waveland gets predictable. What are other efficient methods off the ledge?

i do alot of sheik clod zeros lol
idk lots of stuff.

Ledgehopping into a low needle or aerial is pretty good.

KK, can you wd onto the stage perfectly? m2k said it was too hard for him and he doesn't wanna sd at like some stupid percent. If not, could you show a vid of someone doing it?

What I mean by doing it perfectly is wavedashing onto the stage so that you still have invincibility frames.
I could try to make a vid I guess but I don't think I do it perfectly. Just enough to preserve some invincibility and from there I usually do roll or whatever to try to get to the middle. It's a bad habit of mine.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
-- Ledgehop to needle (I like to do this with fully charged needles, but only as a change-up, as I prefer to put my 18% to better use)

-- Stand up to buffer roll

-- Waveland to buffer roll (I use the above two the most by far)

-- Waveland to shield, evaluate from there

These three are all you need in my experience. Attacking from the ledge is horrible and should be avoided at all times.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Until you play M2K in Sheik dittos and there is nothing you can do to make it back from the stage when you're on the ledge.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik's ledge-pressure should keep pretty much everyone from making it back when they're on the ledge.

Ledge waveland is the best IMO out of your available options because you preserve invincibility and get on the stage. This combination is good.

Everything else is just for the situation stuff or if you think you can.

I'm strange and think I can get away with a low of stuff by being Sheik. Often I am proven wrong so taking advice from me on how to play the ledge is probably not to your advantage :lick:

edit: a good ledge waveland is easy btw. It's one of the first things I figured out to do with Sheik... although I have bias because I was an IC main prior to her so that probably just carried over :laugh:

soap

Smash Hero
i actually dont have problems doing perfect ledge wavelands. I just feel like most of the time that is exactly what they are waiting for so u had better **** well do it perfect.

practice doing ganon/roy's then come back and ***** about sheiks

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think there are better alternatives to jabbing most of the time.

If it works for you, though, against good people then sure why the hell not.

soap

Smash Hero
i like jabbing until they start to blatantly punish me for it, just get them ready for quick jabs, then u run away

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
It can even be good at low percents, but i usually use jabbing as an alternative to sidetilt if the sidetilt knocks my opponent away too far (at higher percents), because it is way quicker than dtilt.

Also, I got another question: if my opponent is shielding I sometimes do a full/shorthopped dair, followed by an utilt, but why can my opponent almost always shieldgrab me before I do the uptilt, while I see in vids of nihonjin for example that the opponent doesn't (manage to) shieldgrab? Obviously I'm talking about approaching a shield with a dair but not from the back, which isn't a good approach usually but if it succeeds it's a nice combo starter.

soap

Smash Hero
im pretty sure dair can be shieldgrabbed easily if u hit the front of the shield. they prolly just messed their timing up in the vids u saw.

i jump over and dair the back of the shield and turn utilt. it works for me atleast.

Deus_Vult

Smash Rookie
Are there any advantages to throwing needles at the top of a jump instead of throwing them as you fall?

Usually if I throw needles at the top of my jump I don't hit the ground fast enough to make anything out of the hitstun.

soap

Smash Hero
its easier to hit people with rising needles cuz they are not as predictable.

u can cancel rising onto a platform and follow up easier as well.

but that gets predictable too

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Also, I got another question: if my opponent is shielding I sometimes do a full/shorthopped dair, followed by an utilt, but why can my opponent almost always shieldgrab me before I do the uptilt, while I see in vids of nihonjin for example that the opponent doesn't (manage to) shieldgrab? Obviously I'm talking about approaching a shield with a dair but not from the back, which isn't a good approach usually but if it succeeds it's a nice combo starter.
I don't remember ever doing that, but if you can link me to that a vid where I did it, I can probably tell you why it worked.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I don't remember ever doing that, but if you can link me to that a vid where I did it, I can probably tell you why it worked.
This vid at 2:35 and 2:53, don't know if there are other examples but I see things like that mostly when watching your sheik.

Oh en Amsah ik heb nog nooit tegen jou gespeeld, ik main ook sheik en kan best wel wat advies gebruiken. Indicatie van mijn niveau: ik ben iets slechter dan JP of Ryuker als dat je wat zegt. Deze zondag is er een toernooi in Vlissingen, wel ver weg voor jou maar je verdient je reisgeld toch wel terug denk ik :p. Anders wil ik wel eens langskomen als dat kan, jij doet nog wel friendlies toch?

Binx

Smash Master
The first one looked like it was going to hit behind him, which is why he probably didn't grab, the second one should have been an easy punish, he just plain didn't react fast enough, also most Falco's don't grab as reflexively as other characters because for some reason most Falco players don't think his grab is good.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
HAY KIRBYKAZE

WHY DOES SHEIK HAVE THE FURY OF ONE THOUSAND BACK AIRS?

This question isn't gonna be answered for a while D:

Ryan's computer is super-failure >_>

If you're still at his house by the time I get back there, I'm gonna fight you and ban every stage except yoshi's and use those amazing chaingrab skills that I don't have

Your sheik hurts, David. My worth as a human being has been damaged.

HE'S NOT EVEN LISTENING TO ME

WHAT KIND OF THREAD IS THIS?

soap

Smash Hero
getting a thousand back airs out in one match would be pretty difficult.

a hundred would be tough as well.

Top Bottom