• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Ouig New Videos vs Robot/Sonic/Dedede

Jinkozouo

Smash Rookie
Alright, im going to try and break this down as simple as possible. Diddy is a damage racker! he has no real strong base attacks but he can sure draw up those % very fast! Lets start with his special moves

Standard B -- Peanut gun -- Has what appears to be NO KNOCKBACK and very little damage (havent tested actual percentages yet) it does not stop an incomming opponent and is hard to use when charged. When you just tap B, the peanut arches upward slowly and doesnt go very far. the longer you charge it, the farther and faster it goes and more horizontally. Charge it too long and the gun explodes but DOES NOT cause any damage!

Over B -- Lunge -- This move is GREAT!!! it has 3 uses :D 1st: wonderful horizontal recovery, you can then jump and use your Up B if need be (usually never need it) 2nd: It is a grab that you can do if you or your opponent are in the air or on the ground! it cannot be shilded but can ge dodged easily. You grab onto their face and then you kick off from them (not sure if there are different ways to release or not). 3rd, if you press B or A while in your lunge, you do a flying karate kick! this is powerful, pops them in the air and you can start to combo with them. Also, the Lunge has a few frames of invinciblity that are wonderful :D

Down B -- Banana Peel -- This seems useless at first, but you can get a hold of it quickly. The move is slow to do and you are completely vulnerable and the banana peel ALWAYS goes behind you, no matter what. you can do it in the air or on the ground. If anyone cept you walks over it, they will slip and fall leaving a second or two to open up an attack on them! If they however go slowly and pick the item up carfully, watch out, they then no longer slip, instead you do! One thing i found out that is nice, throw a banana and back dodge roll and you will be right where the banana will land, grab it out of the air and go at it! you can start running, throw the banana at your opponent, knock them back a bit, do a running cartwheel roll, and while doing this over the banana, you pick it up again! so you can kick them, throw the banana again and keep doing this over and over again as long as you can. Its nice cause if they are close to the banana, you do damage do them while you pick it up, also, the cartwheel pops them up enough to get a nice air attack in :D

Up B -- Rocket Pack -- Not sure on damage or knock back cause the recovery in this game is great and you rarely need to use this move. Anyways, you can charge it up and then also aim the direction it fires up to what looks like a 30 degree angle. It does help a lot w/ vertical and horizontal recovery but be careful!! if you launch straight up, you fall STRAIGHT DOWN!! so if your trying to use it for recovery, make sure you aim for the ledge! Also, if you miss the ledge, you hit your head and just fall... there is no rolling to the ledge... if too low, you will die :(

His grabs and A moves are still under observation but i will say his back and forward throw are very nice ( you can kill with them at good percents) also, his upsmash is a multi hit but very little power, his forward tilt seems stronger, and his forward A in the air is a great finisher move. But the best A move i have seen is is Down A. It is a SPIKE that is very easy to pull off and very easy to get back from :D it helps out a lot!!! i tried it a couple times in the video i have posted here but missed, a few times i have hit them and they land on the stage but it still does nice damage.

BOWM (Dedede) vs OUIG (Diddy) Match 1

ITT (Sonic) vs OUIG (Diddy) Match 1

GOD (Robot) vs OUIG (Diddy) Match 1

More videos to come, if you ask questions, i will test and give you detailed answers!

Top Bottom