• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Smash God stuff about... Offstage/Edgeplay stuff Thread

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Heyyyyyyyyy

Why don't we get the REAL smash god that plays Luigi to post here?

Erm... Sorry, Super Duper Smash God.

Either way, the real one.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I'm sick of this whole SDSG thing -.-

How many of you have actually MET SDSG? And what was the last tournament he's played in and how did he place, and who can personally vouch for his skill as a Luigi player?

I'd like to know this, before people start discrediting me for being a Super Duper Smash God wannabe.

Pakman: Help me out here?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Don't use taunt in seriously play; you'd have to be very lucky for it to actually hit.

Usually your opponent won't be giving you so much time to hit them on the ledge anyways (which is why wavedash -> lower Ftilt works well, it's fast). But I guess you could try mixing it up with a Dtilt (I BELIEVE this works, but Ftilt is more useful). Or if you want to go for a stagespike just wavedash off the ledge and immediately Bair.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
SDSG?
Zeal, why does any of that matter? If it's Luigi advice, it's Luigi advice.
lol

Go ask Ka if you want 100% certainty that you're not doing it wrong.

Grab the edge when Sheik is nearing so that she HAS to go on stage with UpB, but don't grab too early or you'll mess it up and she'll be safe. Reverse the Dair sweetspot to send her back off and repeat.

Stay on the stage with Jiggs. Her aerial mobility basically means she won't die off the side through edgeguarding. You need straight up kills against her. Upsamsh or aerials and high enough %.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

How many of you have actually MET SDSG? And what was the last tournament he's played in and how did he place, and who can personally vouch for his skill as a Luigi player?

I'd like to know this, before people start discrediting me for being a Super Duper Smash God wannabe.

I have never heard of Super Duper Smash God.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion

Dayumnz, I didn't know it was that big a deal to you, son.

I've met him. He lives in CO. Last tournament was a NM tournament. He placed 2nd, lost to LoVo. Before that, he won almost every CO Melee and Brawl tournament for two years straight that he attended, sans one or two.

I can vouch for his skills. Ultra Luigi can. Ken can.

Lololol

At OC3, Ken told him he was the best Luigi he ever fought right after getting 0-deathed by him. That was a LOOOOOONG time ago, and they were only playing friendlies, granted, but all the same.

I'm just giving you ****, though. I've never played your Luigi, or even seen videos of it. I try not to watch videos of people that play the same chars as SDSG/LoVo, because I find myself being unnecessarily judgemental and biased.

But yeah, Jeris is good ****in' ****.

SDSG?
Zeal, why does any of that matter? If it's Luigi advice, it's Luigi advice.
lol
I was just teasing him. Didn't know that he got it on a regular basis.

I have never heard of Super Duper Smash God.
That's fine. I've never of a good Tristate Luigi.

jkjkjklolol

Nobutsrsly

If you guize wanna see him for realzies, you can go to Genesis. I think he's still going. Or you can come to SuperCon. If enough OoSers show interest, I can see about getting an additional $250 put into the pot.

He also goes by SNSG (Slip 'N Slide Genius). But yeah, good ****. Forward/Taj/Wobbles ~might~ be able to vouch for him, too, but I dun remember if they actually got to play him after like... EARLY 2006.

EDIT: He also worked ROFL pretty hard at OC3. But that was a long time ago, and dittos don't decide much. Plus i'm sure ROFL sucked back then.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol weegee dittos are really fun against ka XD

I'm sooooo his fanboy <3

Nice Ganon utilt combo

Oh, weegee dittos are awesome in doubles too

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I'm not saying SDSG is bad, just that nobody knows anything about him and I've already done a good amount for the Luigi community so why discredit me -.-

Luigi dittos are not fun D: Pakman I'll beat you next time

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Mario character dittos are tight, cept boozer.
BOOZER Dittos are infinitely better than Peach dittos. Yoshi Dittos rock.

I'm not saying SDSG is bad, just that nobody knows anything about him and I've already done a good amount for the Luigi community so why discredit me -.-

Luigi dittos are not fun D: Pakman I'll beat you next time
:bigthumbu Good luck MWAHAHAHAHA

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Luigi dittos are not fun
BOOZER Dittos are infinitely better than Peach dittos. Yoshi Dittos rock.
Luigi Ditto MMs at Genesis?
Both of you!
Or just MMs in general. I'd like to play more good Luigi's after playing Ka. So fun fighting as and against him I think. :D

Mario character dittos are tight, cept boozer.
Boozer has the cutest dittos

PKM and Eggz were doing one and said kawaii desu at the exact same time during it...

They got married shortly after.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I totally didn't mean to bump this thread.

Excuse my double post, it's for the good of the Luigis though ^^

Let's discuss something.

FOX VS. LUIGI OFFSTAGE

This seems to be a terrible thing for Luigi; he gets shined so easily! But not to worry. With our combined mind power, we should be able to defeat this problem!

Let's start with stage specific stuff.

1. Luigi ***** Fox at Battlefield if Fox is trying to recover. If Fox firefoxes towards the edge, use a lower aimed Ftilt. Then he'll drop. Wavedash off and Bair; he'll be stage spiked into the underside of Battlefield and die. How beautiful!

Top Bottom