• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASL Presents: Consult the Helix Fossil

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

March 01, 2014
Original Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-1-2014-asl-consult-the-helix-fossil-mobile-alabama.348495/

Singles:
Consult the Helix Fossil Project M
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Ragnarok
$93.00
2nd
[ASL] Bill_
$46.50
3rd
Ram
$15.50
4th
[ASL] Ryker
5th
[ASL] Met
5th
Baj
7th
Travis N
7th
Mankosuki
9th
ECone
9th
Zone
9th
SC | Bomber7
9th
Dron
13th
Double AJ
13th
Brandon
13th
sickolas
13th
Huemon
17th
Chew
17th
Ginger Jesus
17th
Glitch
17th
Suscript 2
17th
Zack
17th
Jeth
17th
Demonic Dragon
17th
DF_PHD
25th
scarr
25th
William
25th
Rolf
25th
Wolf
25th
Pens
25th
Step Dad Kisses
25th
Cubelaroosoo

Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Rice
$81.00
2nd
ragnarok
$40.50
3rd
Zone
$13.50
4th
Ram
5th
Roboturner
5th
Mankosuki
7th
The Boss
7th
[ASL] Ryker
9th
ECone
9th
Travis N
9th
Baj
9th
Brandon
13th
Ginger Jesus
13th
Suscript 2
13th
Huemon
13th
Dron
17th
Alesana
17th
Donk
17th
Pens
17th
Rolf
17th
Glitch
17th
William
17th
Demonic Dragon
17th
sickolas
25th
Chew
25th
Wolf
25th
DF_PHD

Doubles:

1: **** Minus (Ragnarock & Ram) ($70.00)
2: Tribe Called Rest (Roboturner & Rice) ($35.00)
3: Not Creative (MankoSuki & Rice) ($15.00)
4: Versace (Dron & Huemon)
5: Fountain of Broken Dreams (Ark & Bill_)
5: [ASL] How Can Alabama Stand On Such Little Legs ([ASL] Ryker & [ASL] Met)
7: Double AJ
7: Egg to Tipper (Demonic Dragon &)
9: *** (Rolf)
9: Head and Shoulders
9: I Don't Know
9: First Non-Trivial Example (Jeth & Cubelarooso)

1: Chicken Terrioky (Ragnarock & Zone) ($45.00)
2: Not Creative (MankoSuki & Rice) ($25.00)
3: Alectris We Could Beat You if We Really Tried (Ryker & Ram) ($10.00)
4: I Don't Know
5: Egg to Tipper (Demonic Dragon &)
5: Kush 2 Loud (Dron & Rolf)
7: Green Party (Baj & Travis N)
7: Double AJ
9: Abusive Husbands

1: Fountain of Broken Dreams (Ark & Bill_) ($30.00)
2: [ASL] How Can Alabama Stand On Such Little Legs ([ASL] Ryker & [ASL] Met) ($10.00)
3: Fruity Pebbles (Horace & Clyssic)
4: Rag+1 (Mankosuki & Ragnarok)​

Shoutouts!
Shoutout to Everyone who came! This was the most successful Mobile tournament we have ever run and it is all thanks to the huge support from all the guys who came out in force. 40+ !!!

Step Dad Kisses: We had a great set and I was blown away when you said you had only been playing for a few months. Your game is sick bro.
Huemon: That Ganondorf is a rising star man. It was a fun set.
Baj: Aaagh Metaknight da best. I want a salty run back as soon as possible.
Econe: Don't worry about it, man you'll be in there soon. Your Marth has so much patience and potential.
Travis N: Good **** taking out Zone and thanks for helping with the brackets. It's been a long time and im glad we got to hang out. Kirby needs nerfs.
Ram: Only Love
[ASL] Ryker: Please suck less ASL needs GOOD players
Rolf: Is that the master of swag over there? Who is that guy?
[ASL] Bill_: It's been too long I hope I get to make it to AUSOM so we can hang out again soon
Jeth & Cubelarooso: We're working on it, don't stop working on it. You guys are getting better. Even in ways you can't see, I can see.
Ark: It was great meeting you. Your brawl game is so legit
Rag: It's okay, you can go home now. They are all dead.
Manko: We didn't play even a single set. What? Needs fixing.
Dron: You may have the Hero of Times hat, but I have your $2. Where you at?
Demonic Dragon: You we're a cool guy. thanks for helping out!
Patrick, Patrick & Patrick: I hope we get to play more. and real soon! You guys are going to step up your game
Roboturner: You let me know when you want it to go down. And I'll do everything I can to help you host that tournament aight?
Bomber: You are the sickest, most organized smasher in all of LA. I'm glad you got to finally play in a tournament and I hope to see you at a monthly soon.​

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Aw yiss, amazing ass tournament! shoutouts to Zone because he was a great PM partner, i'll get you next time in melee singles though...

i'm watching the videos on twitch and I just noticed one of the songs in the background was On Impulse by Animals as Leader. whoever put that song in there, **** yes

Ruse

Fox
This was my first ever PM tournament and my first Melee tournament in about 2 years. I had a ton of fun, learned a lot, and placed a lot higher than I expected to. Host another one, please.

Rice - No comment.
Ragnarok - Quit beasting. Come to Pensacola more.
Bill_ - I didn't get to play you, but your Ike was looking sick. Good job.
Ram - Thanks for repping Pensacola in PM.
Ryker - It hurt to watch you wreck Baj, but it was a solid set.
Met - I'm super salty about our first match. Your Kirby is legit, though. Great set.
Baj - Top 6. Second best in Pcola at PM? Uh oh.
Mankosuki - Didn't get to play you in tourney, but friendlies with your Zelda/Samus were a good learning experience.
Zone - You should have won our set. You'd definitely shut me down in Melee. Such close games.
ECone - Also salty. We gotta MM sometime. Good games.
Bomber7 - Fun friendlies. Keep on working on that Link.
Wolf - Get that Bowser good. I know you have it in ya.
Suscript 2 - I will never do a Jiggs ditto again. I had no idea I (or you) had a Marth.
Ginger Jesus - I've never played a Luigi in tournament before. Good games.
Roboturner - Your Fox is legit. Congrats.
Step Dad Kisses - Get better. PCola love.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
the turnout was amazing, please make this happen more often

hopefully I'll have some matches (mainly early-bracket Melee singles) up relatively soon, I need to get my hands on the files first though

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yea Rice and them left for Tha Shrimp right after they finished so they hurried through the melee brackets on an unrecorded setup.

sucks though ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Was my first tournament, and I really enjoyed myself. I really liked the venue and met a lot of cool dudes and got some good matches in, thanks for hosting guys!

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
If anyone can fill me in on character's used especially from the melee tournament I would really appreciate it

edit: holy cow smashboards. Results Thread + easy ranking page <3

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to everyone I played in friendlies and brackets. It was great practice and I appreciate all the experience I got fomr playing you guys and the advice I was given after matches.

Shoutouts to the TOs M3t and Ryker for putting on an amazing event. I had a blast and it was worth the trip! I hope the next time one of these hapens, I'll be able to make it.

Thanks again!

Ruse

Fox
Did anyone find a purple controller at this? Someone from PCola seems to have lost or misplaced one.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
speaking of lost stuff, I think I forgot a plain white wiimote if anybody found themselves with an extra

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Great Tourney.
Alabama:
Ryker: I couldn't get it done last summer to make it out of round 2 loosers and I couldnt get it done again to make it to top4. Salty Run backs in the near future. Good Stuff on your placings and thanks for running the Tourney.
M3t: Thank you also for running the tournament. Im down for that salty run back as well
Ragnarock: Man I wish we played more friendlies instead of tournament sets. Good SH** taking PM and 2nd in melee. You and Rice need to make more OOS tournies people be sleepin on yall.
Bill_: Good Job on 2nd. I was looking forward to playing you if I would have beaten ryker(didn't work out that way). It was my first time seeing you play since I hosted my tourney in Albany,Ga. Glad to see your still around.
Bomber7: I know your LA but deal with it. Glad we got to play some friendlies in the backroom. That area was chill since it was away from all the action. Hope you can make another tournament in Mobile!
RoboTurner: MS in the house! you wrecked me in melee but playing against you made me want to improve in melee again, Thanks!

Pensacola:
Travis N, AKA THE LEGEND OF T FOX- We in there.
StepDadKisses aka #UncleAnime- Your Ivy is about to be a problem, were all getting better!
Rice- I wish someone would call our Region Free. Not sure how you are against puff but after looking at the Florida Melee Power Rankings, Your top 3 in the state IMO.
Zone- Let me know when melee is going on at your place. I always appreciate the tips. Didn't mean to root against ya when you playedTravis N but I was just having fun(hopefully you were to..Them chaingrabs)
Manko: You know what it is man always good to see ya. Im just really glad we didn't meet in bracket lol. What is Samus?
Demonic Dragon: Hope ya had fun at your first tourney. Hit me up as well when yall are playin at the house.
Ram: I didn't even know you were coming. I didn't even know you were back in Pcola.. Good job on 2nd in PM and wrecking me in melee...ill be up there soon.
Glitched- Im sure you had a fun weekend dude. Everytime we play, I see improvement. Keep it up.

The tournament could have ran a little faster but its all good. Alabama still cant see us in Crews(melee and PM) All in favor of doin crews first next time?

BE ON THE LOOKOUT. Travis N and I are gonna try to work out something here in Pcola.. Stay Tuned..

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
yo ragnarok i forgot to get your new number. if you ever wanna come crash at my house you can. my number is 228-217-5794

that also goes for anybody that wants to practice with me. my house is small but i can hold 2 people if youre okay with sleeping on a couch/air mattress

Last edited:

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Mikey and i couldn't make it this time. I had to work that day. We were only able to make it to the shrimp instead of both. Good **** to everyone. Hope to keep seeing good turnouts in Mobile.

Top Bottom