• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] The Iron Brawl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabama Smash League

Smash Rookie
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

The Iron Brawl III

March 3, 2012
With hosts: The Tuscaloosa Smash Crew

Venue:
Venue Fee:
Active members of the Alabama Smash League get FREE ADMITTANCE to ALL ASL Tournaments.
To sign up for the Alabama Smash League see the Official ASL website:http://alabamasmashleague.com/sign up.html

For all other participants the venue fee will be $10

706 Riverside Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

Maps, pictures, and directions coming soon...​

Events:
Melee Singles (11:00):
Price: $5
Prizes:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%​
Ruleset:
• 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
• Items OFF
• Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
• Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
• Master Hand is banned.
• Wobbling is banned. Wobbling is defined as any continuous Ice Climbers grab combo that does not require throwing (this includes blizzobbling).
• Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
• Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
• Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stages
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Brawl Doubles (12:00):
Price: $5 per person
Ruleset:
Prizes:

Alabama Smash League Brawl Singles (3:00):
Price:
All members of the Alabama Smash League (ASL) get FREE ENTRANCE to ASL Brawl Singles.
To sign up for the Alabama Smash League see the Official ASL website:http://alabamasmashleague.com/sign up.html

For all other participants the entry fee will be $10
Ruleset:
The ASL supports the Unity Ruleset including its rules for gameplay, stages, AND conduct with the addition of a MK ban.
We ask that all players please read and understand the Unity Ruleset thread before attending any ASL tournaments.

Also, bracket matches at each Alabama Smash League tournament are recorded. If you prefer for your matches not to go on youtube, then it is YOUR responsibility to specifically request a non-recording setup.
Prizes (GUARANTEED MONEY):
1st Place: $125
2nd Place: $60
3rd Place: $25
4th Place: $10

Players:
Interested Players:
___Tag___|___Brawl___|___Melee___|_Confirmed_
person1|No|No|No
Total|0|0|0
Setups:
Information here about ASL's setup policy
__Person__|___TV___|___Wii___|_GameCube_
person1|No|No|No
Total:|0|0|0

Prices:
  • Venue Fee:
    No venue fee for this tournament
  • Melee Singles:
    $5
  • Brawl Doubles:
    $5
  • Brawl Singles:
    FREE for active ASL members
    $10 for everyone else

Alabama Smash League

Smash Rookie
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

The Iron Brawl III

March 3, 2012
With hosts: The Tuscaloosa Smash Crew

Venue:
Venue Fee:
Active members of the Alabama Smash League get FREE ADMITTANCE to ALL ASL Tournaments.

For all other participants the venue fee will be $10

706 Riverside Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

Maps, pictures, and directions coming soon...​

Events:
Melee Singles (11:00):
Price: $5
Prizes:
Ruleset:
• 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
• Items OFF
• Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
• Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
• Master Hand is banned.
• Wobbling is banned. Wobbling is defined as any continuous Ice Climbers grab combo that does not require throwing (this includes blizzobbling).
• Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
• Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
• Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stages
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Brawl Doubles (12:00):
Price: $5 per person
Ruleset:
Prizes:

Alabama Smash League Brawl Singles (3:00):
Price:
All members of the Alabama Smash League (ASL) get FREE ENTRANCE to ASL Brawl Singles.

For all other participants the entry fee will be $10
Ruleset:
The ASL supports the Unity Ruleset including its rules for gameplay, stages, AND conduct with the addition of a MK ban.
We ask that all players please read and understand the Unity Ruleset thread before attending any ASL tournaments.

Also, bracket matches at each Alabama Smash League tournament are recorded. If you prefer for your matches not to go on youtube, then it is YOUR responsibility to specifically request a non-recording setup.
Prizes (GUARANTEED MONEY):
1st Place: $125
2nd Place: $60
3rd Place: $25
4th Place: $10

Players:
Interested Players:
___Tag___|___Brawl___|___Melee___|_Confirmed_
person1|No|No|No
Total|0|0|0
Setups:
Information here about ASL's setup policy
__Person__|___TV___|___Wii___|_GameCube_
person1|No|No|No
Total:|0|0|0

Prices:
  • Venue Fee:
    No venue fee for this tournament.
  • Melee Singles:
    $5
  • Brawl Doubles:
    $5
  • Brawl Singles:
    FREE for active ASL members
    $10 for everyone else

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Sadly, this is a highly inconvenient weekend for me. I'm always itching for some real competition, but i won't be making it to the iron brawl, maybe i'll stop by for 30 mins or something to play the best people there, then i'll have to roll tide. Good clux to my t-town brethren.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
John, unless you consulted with Zach May, this is an unauthorized use of U of A facilities. Ryan has had to temporarily step down from his role, leaving me, and I have had to reprise it to Zach. If anything, you sure as hell didn't consult me or wes.

I won't be there and neither will Wes. And, to my knowledge, neither will the memphis crew.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
John, unless you consulted with Zach May, this is an unauthorized use of U of A facilities. Ryan has had to temporarily step down from his role, leaving me, and I have had to reprise it to Zach. If anything, you sure as hell didn't consult me or wes.

I won't be there and neither will Wes. And, to my knowledge, neither will the memphis crew.
Well, I will be happy to talk to you about it. This is still Ryan's tournament as far as I'm concerned. He would have made the thread himself, but he thought it was easier if I made it with the ASL account.

We planned this out with him over a month ago, and to my knowledge, it has nothing to do with ABXY. Ryan will be there, and he will be running it.

EDIT: Anyone reading this, don't be concerned. The Iron Brawl III is still on as planned.

Izakira

Smash Rookie

Everything is good the tournament will be held by Ryan not ABXY.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Riverside Lane doesn't show up on my GPS. It only shows Riverside Cir. and Riverside Dr. Also, does anyone have housing for that weekend friend and I could stay at?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I remember last time we couldn't find this place and our GPS autocorrected it riverside drive or something since it couldn't find it and we ended up like an hour away from the venue at another place

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I remember last time we couldn't find this place and our GPS autocorrected it riverside drive or something since it couldn't find it and we ended up like an hour away from the venue at another place
Hopefully this can clear up any confusion.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
I'm making it my mission to MM most all takers this weekend. Maybe not for huge mega money(tm) and maybe not in Brawl, but cash will change hands. Especially some of you guys I haven't gotten to play before.

I'll be bringing my laptop with MBAACC and SSF4AE(PC doesn't have 2012 yet) so bring sticks if you got 'em. I'll MM in AE, 64/Melee/Brawl, and Puzzle League.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
^ Someone give this man a ride. After seeing Bulldog Brawl 3 results, I know I have to beat him.

Go Pika or die trying.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
For anyone GPSing this ****, search for the Hackberry Ln/McCorvey Dr intersection in Tuscaloosa, AL. It should take you here: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/georgetheplushie/Tuscaloosa_Venue.jpg

Your goal is to get to the building that the arrow is pointed at. It's connected to the overpass.

@Wumpus I'll try to bring the 2012 patch if you don't have it downloaded by Saturday, but since it should be hitting Steam today, you'll probably have it.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
@Wumpus I'll try to bring the 2012 patch if you don't have it downloaded by Saturday, but since it should be hitting Steam today, you'll probably have it.
I'll be playing it this morning, so I should have the patch really soon. It doesn't run perfectly on this laptop(it's set to skip frames, but it runs ~55fps), so if you have one newer than about 3 years with a graphics card that isn't integrated you may want to bring it :p

By the way, that's not to say it runs slow. It doesn't. But it does skip frames when it has to to maintain the speed. Usually not a big deal.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Only have a desktop, which I'm not about to lug around.

Man, this is going to hamper on Final Round stream.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Patch isn't on steam yet, so idk what to expect now. I guess bring the patch just in case, and we can see if we can fix it up. I think there's an easy mod we can use in a pinch, too.

Btw, I will also have ggpo for 3s and whatever else.

:phone:

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Patch isn't on steam yet, so idk what to expect now. I guess bring the patch just in case, and we can see if we can fix it up. I think there's an easy mod we can use in a pinch, too.

Btw, I will also have ggpo for 3s and whatever else.

Funny, it downloaded for me yesterday after I reverted from the non-Steam update.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Everyone be careful driving here, as the weather is getting pretty bad. It will get worst later this evening, but provided Tuscaloosa is still here it should calm down by the morning.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully 64 can be a little later in parallel with melee or brawl similar to the HASL melee tourny, but try to be there at 10 just in case. 64 will be $2 entry and multiple controller options will be available (64/64,gc/gc,64/gc).

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Waaaah, leaving soon to pick everyone in GA up. Didn't even sleep tonight. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be the worse idea EVER with the weather and all. See you guys soon.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Phew, just got back. That was a LONG drive! Had a lot of fun seeing everyone even though I was really tired and feeling kind of sick. Tournament was fun and I'll try to actually do shout outs this time when the results thread goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom