• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Well, hes not actually doing a reverse dt, so I dont think it could be what btb9 said. I really think that it has something to do with the stage and where Luc is, but I couldnt recreate it.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Well, hes not actually doing a reverse dt, so I dont think it could be what btb9 said. I really think that it has something to do with the stage and where Luc is, but I couldnt recreate it.
he wasn't? Usually when you do dt, you come from the opposite direction you face (if facing right come in right to left for the attack), but he came from the direction he was facing.

well, i looked at it again at my home computer, which has the file, and here's what happens

lucario uses double team looking right, ddd fsmashes, lucario appears from the left going right instead of the normal left to right if you are looking right. I call that a reverse dt.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
In the frames section, what about Lucario's shield/powershield?
Also there's no way in hell bair is shorter then fair or nair =S
I also don't see how Dsmash has less range then dtilt or A.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Like I said in a similar thread, I think he made a mistake. Bair has some good range, albeit being somewhat unwieldy compared to Luc's other aereals

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure all shields come out on the first (second?) frame. And the only difference between a normal shield and a power sheild is that a power shield doesn't break your shield... Shield.

Yes, sorry, I put them backwards. : (

And yes, D-smash does indeed have less range than d-tilt or A. I promise.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm pretty sure all shields come out on the first (second?) frame. And the only difference between a normal shield and a power sheild is that a power shield doesn't break your shield... Shield.

Yes, sorry, I put them backwards. : (

And yes, D-smash does indeed have less range than d-tilt or A. I promise.
He's right. D-smash, as good as it is, has a bit of a short range compared to his other attacks, like d-tilt (which has good range) and A(because he extends his arm fully, instead of the slight angle that the arm going down.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Well you can powershield by shielding right when the attack hits you. I'm just wondering what frames you have to hit it on.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Oh, ok. I'm pretty sure that would be the first frame. I remember testing this, but I don't remember what my result was. I'll test this when I get home.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Yup. It looks like if you are hit within the 1 frame that your shields hitbox comes out, it will be a power shield.

On a seperate note, I've got another trick/technique video in the making. I should have it up sometime next week, so keep a look out for it.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
hurry up on that vid ha.

If the hitbox comes out at at least two frames, does that mean there is no perfect shield?

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
Wait, can the reverse double team be used in the air? I.E. you're facing the stage and still move towards it? If so, that's a huge bonus for our recovery against anyone who tries to ledge guard us (assuming we don't use it too predictably).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wait, can the reverse double team be used in the air? I.E. you're facing the stage and still move towards it? If so, that's a huge bonus for our recovery against anyone who tries to ledge guard us (assuming we don't use it too predictably).
If me understand what u say, then me pretty sure it can be.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty sure Jeeps talks about it somewhere in one of these threads. Lemme look for it

Here it is

Yes, I foolishly forgot to put this in the video, but this is one of Reverse DT's best features.

Whether you are hit by a projectile or by a melee attack, I can guarantee that you will succesfully make it back 95% of the time. Plus, on stages like Final Destination or Yoshi's Island, it will lead right into a wall cling. And if you don't have your double jump, and are playing spammy characters like Pit, this greatly increases your chances of recovery.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Marth's counter is the same as any other attack, it's just that you're usually still in attack animation and can't shield in time. The RDT can be used against characters like space animals, links, samus ect to use their projectile spam to get closer to them instead of having to jump or roll.

To be honest, the only time people have blocked my DT is when I've been spamming it predictably or when they get really lucky. Usually my opponent's reaction time hasn't been fast enough to dodge or shield.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Marth's counter is the same as any other attack, it's just that you're usually still in attack animation and can't shield in time. The RDT can be used against characters like space animals, links, samus ect to use their projectile spam to get closer to them instead of having to jump or roll.

To be honest, the only time people have blocked my DT is when I've been spamming it predictably or when they get really lucky. Usually my opponent's reaction time hasn't been fast enough to dodge or shield.
THAT IS... CORRECT!
Yes, DT can not be so easily dodged, besides, there's no real punishment for a successful DT, so what's the problem about that? If anything, it scared the opponent to death, thinking "That was too close for comfort".

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
How exactly do you do the Reverse Double Team? (The one where after you activate DT, you shoot out in the same direction you're facing)

By swing the control stick forward, does that mean like... half-circle motion or what?

Evan BlazE

Smash Apprentice
- New York - The Polluted State - *Casual East Coa
How exactly do you do the Reverse Double Team? (The one where after you activate DT, you shoot out in the same direction you're facing)

By swing the control stick forward, does that mean like... half-circle motion or what?
no, once lucario is in DT animation shift the control stick immediately in the direction you want lucario to "appear",

If you still don't get it, I'm sure someone else could explain it better then I.

it isn't that hard,

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace

Evan put it really well. Just remember that whatever direction you come from you'll be going in the direction of where you were hit. Usually when you do a DT, you'll teleport and go the direction that would result in ending behind the original area. For a reverse DT, you end up in FRONT of where you originally were. This is done by as soon as you start the DT, hitting the control stick in the direction that is behind lucario (facing right, press the stick to the left and vice versa).

I always overexplain stuff on boards, but i speak IRL very simplistically. I blame english class essays.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! Before I just kept tapping the opposite direction and sometimes I'd do it, sometimes I wouldn't lol.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that reverse Double Team is pretty cool. I almost never use DT though... nor counters in general. Don't like the idea of mistiming and then suffering enough lag for Ike to hit you with a Fsmash, plus its really hard for me to break the habit of just instintively shielding / dodging in situations where you'd use a counter. Might have to force myself to use it a bit more. At the very least, for recovery.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
I cant believe how great RDT is! I was playing a Pit today on FD and RDT'd right into the ledge! It was so awesome...

BTW, video today?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I have another AT that I cannot replicate.

Yesterday I was doing Milln's "Play 20 stock without using F-air" project and something strange happened. The best way I can describe it is a sliding pivot. We all know that Lucario has great traction. Usually when you do a pivot to standard A, he stops right in place. But when I did it last night, he slid.

My internet is being fussy, so I don't know if I'll be able to upload the video I have of it. If I do, it will probably be to RapidShare, and hopefully within the next day or so. The reason I bring this up is because I will send the video to anyone that wants it. Post here if you do.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
No dash grab or dash attack frame data? I love doing Lucario's dash grab instantly (by just hitting forward and Z) instead of AAA or even f/d-tilt. It's really fast and gets a nice 10% damage.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
No, no. Allow me to elaborate. The actual shield comes out on the second frame, yes, but the power shield is activated on the first frame.
Aight thanks.

That new AT sounds interesting. Hope you can replicate it and get that video up soon. What was Milln's 'play 20 stock w/out using fair' project?

Also if this slide can easily be pulled off how does everyone think he could use this for more techniques/ mind games?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Updated with a new video!

Check the Misc. Video Section.

I have a new technique video which I will release next week.

Also, anymore takers on the weird Sliding Pivot video? Going once... Going twice...

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Something weird happened when I was playing Luke today. I did extreme speed, and he jerked to the side. Its kinda hard to explain, but it was like it was B-sticked, even though I dont B-stick...

ChaoticChaos

Smash Cadet
Perhaps you performed "ExtremeStop". It can be done by performing ExtremeSpeed horizontally, then pressing the control stick in the opposite direction.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
No, I did it in the air. Before he even started flying, he shifted to the right a little bit. Like I said, if you can imagine B-sticking extreme speed, thats what it would look like.

Milln

Smash Champion
ExtremeSpeed doesn't stop you immediately. You may have just noticed it for the first time and was like "Oh, hey." Perhaps. =o

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
No, it was like Luke teleported to the side a bit. It was somthing Ive never seen before.

Top Bottom