• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AT: A real Waveland in brawl.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
You need slopes, the higher the angle the farther you'll slide

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Interesting.

Could you only do it on Skyworld tho?

What about on stages like Green Hill Zone?
Well, it's different I think. In the case of Skyworld, and apparently Hyrule, you just need to stand on the uneven platform, and tap diagonally down/forward. I assume it's because the uneven platform makes a "hill" or sorts.

And just so everyone in here sees the other thing I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42zmBXyZ6u4

So yeah, just stand on the tiny ledge where it happened and tap diagonally down/forward. If you get the slide, it's the exact same thing I found before.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Well, it's different I think. In the case of Skyworld, and apparently Hyrule, you just need to stand on the uneven platform, and tap diagonally down/forward. I assume it's because the uneven platform makes a "hill" or sorts.

And just so everyone in here sees the other thing I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42zmBXyZ6u4

So yeah, just stand on the tiny ledge where it happened and tap diagonally down/forward. If you get the slide, it's the exact same thing I found before.
Did you find any applications for it?

Like going from a move to that slide then to another move in a practical/useful way?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Did you find any applications for it?

Like going from a move to that slide then to another move in a practical/useful way?
Well, as I've explained in the topic, the extent of my research was small. I was focusing more on which characters are capable of it, and what attacks cancel the slide. I looked a little bit on why it happened, and seeing how you don't need to jump into it, I'm not entirely sure if it's really the same slope deal.
I pretty firmly believe that nothing will really come from this. It's only really possible on Skyworld, and now apparently Hyrule. Some attacks cancel the slide, some characters can't even get the slide.

It's interesting, but that's just about all. :ohwell:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Thats strange as hell, if you can figure out how to recreate that all the time I will offer you my body.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
did no one watch that other video posted in this thread with ike??

He jumps back from the pit in hyrule and the exact same thing happens.

CASE SOLVED, the step in hyrule is weird, and this move cannot be applied anywhere else.

Miles.

Smash Champion
did no one watch that other video posted in this thread with ike??

He jumps back from the pit in hyrule and the exact same thing happens.

CASE SOLVED, the step in hyrule is weird, and this move cannot be applied anywhere else.
Watch my second vid I do it on Yoshi's Island.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
looks intersting, could be useful if you could find out how to do it lol
As I've said multiple times, including in a topic I made awhile back about essentially the same thing, it is not possible on flat ground. It is because of the slightly elevated ground where he landed. This is also possible on Skyworld.

It's extremely simple, just stand on the tiny edge, and tap diagonally down/forward. That's it. Not all characters can do it.

Top Bottom