• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[AT] Roy's SH-Fair => A-Landing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
As you already know, Roy is able to jump out of his Sh- Fair as well as use any of his B-Specials due to the IASA frames of his fair.
BeefySmashDoods recently released a video covering A-Landing. If you havn't watched it yet, i'd suggest to go watch it now as it will be part of this technique. I'll link the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbC_nNAMYsU

So i was thinking if Roy could use this technique to cancel out the landing lag of his SH-Fair by performing an A-landing during its IASA frames.
This would basically give us a safe shield pressure tool AND a safe approach option, as Roy will have no landing lag after performing this technique.
It would hugely enhance our neutral game and emphasize his mobillity and speed. You could cover aerial approaches, pressure shields, dash in and out afterwards or grab/roll/shield/ anything really (comparable to Melee Marths usage
of sh- fair).

The downside is: I havn't been able to perform this technique yet. This is why i ask my fellow boys to help me on this.
In theory, im certain that it should work.
Here is the link for Roy's frame data : http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Roy
As you can see, we have a 2 frame time window on his up-air and down-air to perform the A-landing.
You will notice that if you succesfully throw out an aerial before landing, you will be able to see the start up animation of the aerial. This is enough evidence for us to know that it should work on paper.
However as i already mentioned i havn't been able to perform it yet, not even on 1/4 speed, granted i couldn't try it for very long (half an hour at max)

So there you go. Pls discuss and if anyone is able to succesfully replicate it, pls post some footage here in this thread.
TY

Dan Ugore

Smash Rookie
How does this provide any additional safe shield pressure? Fair can be shield-grabbed unless spaced properly. Jumping away would be safer than screwing up a strict timing and having much more lag.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
That's some nice theory but as far as it's been tested it doesn't work (try it for yourself i you don't believe me). As for the reason why it doesn't work it's a mystery.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
TBH the Fair doesn't make sense, there is no reason why you should have landing lag on a move that has already ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom