• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF Presents: The Legend of SOVAman, NEW VENUE, Hagerstown, MD 3/20 Ft: Pools+Yugioh

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just think that Tant should use the standard COMPETITIVE rule set.

I don't care if Tant wants to try them out. For what purpose? To impose these rules on the rest of the nation? It's not going to happen.

This tournament isn't serious/competitive. The general consensus for tournaments across the nation DO NOT give two bans. They also do not allow PS2 and Japes to be on.

In the end, it's his tournament. If he decides to go with these rules, he loses respect as a tournament organizer. These rules will also hurt MD/VA's top players since we will not be using these rules at out-of-state tournaments.

I supported this tournament. I, and many others, probably won't support future tournaments unless the rule set is changed. I'm still going to this tournament tomorrow regardless of rules.
It probably won't be done again like this in the future, but if you look around, you might understand what i did...

Edit: BTW, Japes is widely used across the nation, if you haven't noticed. Norfair is still legal in about 40% of areas. Funny thing though, Pictochat is still legal in about 50% of regions...

So you see, it all depends on preference. I haven't lost any respect by this.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I hope you mean by brawling cuz otherwise.....ewwwww she is my age xD

Though it would be funny to see

BMX

Smash Lord
It shouldn't be too bad, I really don't mind, but I'm a counterpicking *****.

In reality, this shouldn't be happening but again, it's tant's tourney so its all good.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Btw anyone wanna team for the team tourny?

Ice is ditching me for a play with his gf...*sigh* oh wellz anyone wanna? Otherwise I will just do alot of friendlies for Singles.

Oh Tant switch Ice for LFN ;P Ice is not going but I got LFN instead...she is funnier

Coney

Smash Master
i certainly hope there isn't this much disorder when pictochat's on at my event

cook and i are doing research on stages; might bring back doubles-only CPs

heeeell yeeeeah

also i don't know if sassy/k9/me/FNB in general is coming tomorrow, depends on what we wanna do. we might wanna just chill here. sova!

thank you for the offer though tant, if we do decide to go i might take you up on that :O

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I just think that Tant should use the standard COMPETITIVE rule set.

I don't care if Tant wants to try them out. For what purpose? To impose these rules on the rest of the nation? It's not going to happen.

This tournament isn't serious/competitive. The general consensus for tournaments across the nation DO NOT give two bans. They also do not allow PS2 and Japes to be on.

In the end, it's his tournament. If he decides to go with these rules, he loses respect as a tournament organizer. These rules will also hurt MD/VA's top players since we will not be using these rules at out-of-state tournaments.

I supported this tournament. I, and many others, probably won't support future tournaments unless the rule set is changed. I'm still going to this tournament tomorrow regardless of rules.
Hey chu how bout u stfu and realize nobody cares what you say? You're a gay little boy who thinks things should never change because you like things the way they were. You suck *** at everything. Don't even call yourself a TO, you disgrace the name.

ROFL@u calling URSELF

"-ChuDatz
MD/VA's Leader
Smash Pro Player
Tournament Organizer"

LMFAOOO

u exhume NO TRAITS of a leader. Basically every trait you exhibit is that of a follower. You aren't at ALL a pro player anymore (ESPECIALLY) in brawl. You aren't even close to a tournament organizer. All you do is get everyone to do YOUR work for you and attempt to profit. Don't try to give advice on how people do their work when you aren't willing to do any yourself. Get your "assistant" to book a venue. Get travis to run melee. Get tant to run brawl. Do nothing. It still doesnt matter, you're still a joke to everyoine who you think takes you seriously.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Hey chu how bout u stfu and realize nobody cares what you say? You're a gay little boy who thinks things should never change because you like things the way they were. You suck *** at everything. Don't even call yourself a TO, you disgrace the name.

ROFL@u calling URSELF

"-ChuDatz
MD/VA's Leader
Smash Pro Player
Tournament Organizer"

LMFAOOO

u exhume NO TRAITS of a leader. Basically every trait you exhibit is that of a follower. You aren't at ALL a pro player anymore (ESPECIALLY) in brawl. You aren't even close to a tournament organizer. All you do is get everyone to do YOUR work for you and attempt to profit. Don't try to give advice on how people do their work when you aren't willing to do any yourself. Get your "assistant" to book a venue. Get travis to run melee. Get tant to run brawl. Do nothing. It still doesnt matter, you're still a joke to everyoine who you think takes you seriously.
Quoted for DAYUMMMMMMMMMMM NUKKKA

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i know...b/c ive actually lost to someone FIRST ROUND before just b/c they cp'd me to jungle japes...and it cost me placing well and making money...and if u gotta waste your banns on these dumb stages...that means we cant ban rainbow/brinstar/lylat
Sounds like johns.

So...you lost in game 1 on probably SV/BF and then you lost on THEIR CP IN GAME 3? Hhmm......

You lost because you lost game 1 and game 3. Not just because you lost game 3. Stop making excuses.

I disagree with you plank, I think Chu does a lot of good things for his tournaments/the MD/VA community. However a TO has every right to do what they want with every tournament, so you are right on that people should not be berating Tant cause its his tournament. Don't like the rules? Stay home and twiddle your thumbs. Unless I'm mistaken, Tant might get the most attendance for a local in MD/VA in awhile, so he must be doing something right. And Tant is right. Chu, the standard in this country is no where close to what is used in NY/NJ, which is what you seem to be associating a standard stage list with. Pictochat is standard at basically West/South/MW tournaments. Hobo still runs with Mansion on. Norfair is all over the place still. Japes is on in every region and is still on at many EC tournaments. This whole "we need to be competitive with other regions" stuff is...false.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey everyone,

The directions are a bit confusing.

When you get to the light, youll turn into the college. Make the first left and follow the road till it ends in a big parking lot.

Park near the stairs with the railing. The head past the two buildings on the hill to where we'll be.

Call me if you need help. 443-605-3076

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
LMFAO. I knew that Plairnkk, Neo, and Hova would get a kick out of that.
Yeah, I honestly laughed when Chu wrote that down at the end of his post! I love his backhand trolling, and how he indirectly fires out things that make people flame him. He is so sneaky XD

Good Luck To Everyone At This Tourney!

*Back to studying*

=/

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Tant, if you are hosting tournaments so you can make weekend money, then disregard my post.

However, if you are hosting tournaments because you support MD/VA in competitive gaming, in the future, please do NOT host tournaments with skewed rulesets that will not apply OOS unless they're just **** around tournaments.

With 2 bans per a set, PS2, and Japes allowed, I'm going to assume this is a **** around tournament.

Top Bottom