• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Lol Gamebattles xD
I actually started laddering on GB a few days ago... AiB is way better for matchmaking, and it's a lot more active than GB... But the $3000/$2000 dollar prizes for 1st/2nd places look a lot more appetizing than like... 200 from AiB..... especially when theres so much more competition in AiB.

Oh wellz.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
No clue what you're talking about.

In playoffs first round I lost to Holy, close game 1, SD 2 times game 2 =[

Next round I advance over AfroChimp so round 3 tomorrow~

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
My Original Vision

The FNB discussion and a movie I watched today kind of brought this to the forefront. I wanted to share with those of you left my original purpose of ATHF and the reason I switched the crew thread to Phil.

When I entered the smash community, I was a misfit. Waffle was my main companion. We weren't really recognized at tournaments much. Then there was this cyberden tournament we went to. It was huge for me. I met there tons people would change my smash career from a hobby to a lifestyle.

The first person I met was EE. I remember thinking EE was "one of those black guys" but he came up to me and said "hey, is this your controller? I found it." He had no idea how much I loved that controller. That controller was my absolute favorite. I was so happy to have it back. That was how I met EE.

Then I got to meet Lil'b in bracket. I barely beat him, with ROB. It was only my 2nd tournament victory, and my first in the winners bracket.

Then I got to play Plank. Plank introduced himself and mentioned that he used to live in carroll county and would love to play sometime. He sought after me and was very inviting to me. We ended up picking up EE once because JCaesar couldn't fit him, and I remembered him as the guy who gave me my controller back. That's how our little group was started.

As we progressed and got better, we started becoming good friends. At one of the cyberden's I met someone who was hungry and begging for food. His name was HAT. I offered him dinner and he was very grateful.

Now if you know my personal life, you know what else I do besides my job is my service to the youth ministry. The biggest reason I serve those students and God in that way is because I was a misfit once too. When I was their age, I was picked on and laughed at and punched and really a lot of awful things. I never wanted to see a student not be accepted somewhere. When I joined Campus Life in high school, I found God's love and acceptance there.

So I started to say to myself, "what if I did this in smash too?" I had always wanted to start a crew with Nate and Phil but 3 was very small for a crew. We kept throwing the idea around jokingly. At the time, crews were huge. I remember the Dead Presidents crew, which was Noraa, Lil'b, B0NK, Sin, and Saki.

They eventually disbanded and everyone mocked their crew. When we put together the idea of making a crew, we heard that Lil'b wanted to join. Of course that would include his brother B0NK too. Knowing that both of these guys weren't really known for being good players, I knew that I needed to live my own example and not be a hypocrite. We welcomed them in.

And from there my goal was to reach out to other students, new students, not just on talent alone, but for a place to be accepted. We met a ton of different students along the way. Junebug and BetaZealot were ones I met in 2008. Along came Smash G0D and LLOD as well, and then eventually Sanoscy. My goal was to keep us united as a group. Shado was let in via being in our area at the time and hanging with us in a crew battle.

This is why when TKO asked to join I never let him in. I just didn't feel like he was right for us. Kenny joined after the others, and eventually NKB also because he had earned the respect of the members.

We had a great thing going. The relationships were solid and I love each and every member that was and has and will be in this crew.

But we lost sight of that original vision. I feel like we became what I didn't want: the ones making fun of the new guys. Eventually, our relationships started to tear. We lost Brandon over the summer, and our relationships with some of our other members is starting to tear as well.

We accepted Seagull later on because he was becoming tight knit with EE and I and we were starting to lose members everywhere. I feel like the 3 of us have the best connection right now.

And here we are today. Nothing close to my original vision. Which is why I switched the crew thread to Phil. It nothing but broke my heart when Brandon quit in the summer. So I want to pose a question for you guys now: What is your vision? What do you want your dream to be? I feel so distant from many of you. I'd really like to start everything over and rebuild with what we have left. I love all you guys and want to see the best for everyone. Not having a tight crew like before has definitely seen me lose a ton of motivation for the game itself. So what is your vision? What is your dream? I want to help you achieve that- whatever it may be.

Tant out

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
So I want to pose a question for you guys now: What is your vision? What do you want your dream to be? I feel so distant from many of you. I'd really like to start everything over and rebuild with what we have left. I love all you guys and want to see the best for everyone. Not having a tight crew like before has definitely seen me lose a ton of motivation for the game itself. So what is your vision? What is your dream? I want to help you achieve that- whatever it may be.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I feel as tho things change and we just gotta roll with it, if people can come back then that's cool, if not that that is that, we will evolve with the change. my vision simply put is to keep the crew as together as possible and keep being ****ing awesome, cause I am :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
My dream in brawl is to be the best Wolf. I've come along way since starting that goal. I've improved a lot since Pound 4 especially. I like this crew because I like the people in it.

We can always add more people to make the crew get bigger and stronger internally and externally.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I just want to say that even though I'm not a part of the crew that Tant's post was one of the most heartfelt pieces of text that has originated from the internet. It's really refreshing when all I'm used to reading is "TROLOLOLOLOLOL LET'S GET IT IN! DON'T STOP ME NOW CAUSE I'M HAVING A GOOD TIME :DDDDD".

More power to you Tant.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Thanks, TH

I also wanted to know how serious everyone is at becoming top players. Are we in this for a one game glory win are in this to become serious contenders? We're still getting our *** ***** by FNB. They are winning tournaments and stuff. Pink, Coney, and Takeover can beat all of us now apparently. Are we ok with that?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
The FNB discussion and a movie I watched today kind of brought this to the forefront. I wanted to share with those of you left my original purpose of ATHF and the reason I switched the crew thread to Phil.

When I entered the smash community, I was a misfit. Waffle was my main companion. We weren't really recognized at tournaments much. Then there was this cyberden tournament we went to. It was huge for me. I met there tons people would change my smash career from a hobby to a lifestyle.

The first person I met was EE. I remember thinking EE was "one of those black guys" but he came up to me and said "hey, is this your controller? I found it." He had no idea how much I loved that controller. That controller was my absolute favorite. I was so happy to have it back. That was how I met EE.

Then I got to meet Lil'b in bracket. I barely beat him, with ROB. It was only my 2nd tournament victory, and my first in the winners bracket.

Then I got to play Plank. Plank introduced himself and mentioned that he used to live in carroll county and would love to play sometime. He sought after me and was very inviting to me. We ended up picking up EE once because JCaesar couldn't fit him, and I remembered him as the guy who gave me my controller back. That's how our little group was started.

As we progressed and got better, we started becoming good friends. At one of the cyberden's I met someone who was hungry and begging for food. His name was HAT. I offered him dinner and he was very grateful.

Now if you know my personal life, you know what else I do besides my job is my service to the youth ministry. The biggest reason I serve those students and God in that way is because I was a misfit once too. When I was their age, I was picked on and laughed at and punched and really a lot of awful things. I never wanted to see a student not be accepted somewhere. When I joined Campus Life in high school, I found God's love and acceptance there.

So I started to say to myself, "what if I did this in smash too?" I had always wanted to start a crew with Nate and Phil but 3 was very small for a crew. We kept throwing the idea around jokingly. At the time, crews were huge. I remember the Dead Presidents crew, which was Noraa, Lil'b, B0NK, Sin, and Saki.

They eventually disbanded and everyone mocked their crew. When we put together the idea of making a crew, we heard that Lil'b wanted to join. Of course that would include his brother B0NK too. Knowing that both of these guys weren't really known for being good players, I knew that I needed to live my own example and not be a hypocrite. We welcomed them in.

And from there my goal was to reach out to other students, new students, not just on talent alone, but for a place to be accepted. We met a ton of different students along the way. Junebug and BetaZealot were ones I met in 2008. Along came Smash G0D and LLOD as well, and then eventually Sanoscy. My goal was to keep us united as a group. Shado was let in via being in our area at the time and hanging with us in a crew battle.

This is why when TKO asked to join I never let him in. I just didn't feel like he was right for us. Kenny joined after the others, and eventually NKB also because he had earned the respect of the members.

We had a great thing going. The relationships were solid and I love each and every member that was and has and will be in this crew.

But we lost sight of that original vision. I feel like we became what I didn't want: the ones making fun of the new guys. Eventually, our relationships started to tear. We lost Brandon over the summer, and our relationships with some of our other members is starting to tear as well.

We accepted Seagull later on because he was becoming tight knit with EE and I and we were starting to lose members everywhere. I feel like the 3 of us have the best connection right now.

And here we are today. Nothing close to my original vision. Which is why I switched the crew thread to Phil. It nothing but broke my heart when Brandon quit in the summer. So I want to pose a question for you guys now: What is your vision? What do you want your dream to be? I feel so distant from many of you. I'd really like to start everything over and rebuild with what we have left. I love all you guys and want to see the best for everyone. Not having a tight crew like before has definitely seen me lose a ton of motivation for the game itself. So what is your vision? What is your dream? I want to help you achieve that- whatever it may be.

Tant out
^The reason why I left

why would I want that in a Brawl Crew with people I see once a month. I don't even hang out with any of you at all outside of a smash tourney every now and then. I am not close to like any of you, honestly. The only person I talk to recently in this crew is Phil whether on aim or the phone lol. The rest of you are cool and all but I don't even really talk to you guys lol

Outside of Otakon I have only really hung out with VA smashers and you all are MD so I don't even see you guys. So yea no vision for me just hang out with none ATHF -_^b

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Lol Brandon, not being near enough to hang out is why I understood.

So anyway, yo lets go to Fusion or Chu's or something this weekend, its gonna be 2 weeks of nothing afterwards anyway.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I wanna go to chus! :D

Yeah I'm in town now for like a month, so I wanna go to some md/va locals, also see everyone =P

I guess it depends if brandon has work though

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
My dream is just to be in a crew and hang with you guys at tourneys. Like to be real, before I joined ATHF, I was just some guy that went to tourneys, shout one liners, and placed pretty low in tourney. (I still place pretty terrible, but that is besides the point.) Then you guys opened your arms and let me into your already well established crew. I felt blessed to be able to join you guys.

Like being in a crew opened up so many more opportunities to talk to you guys. Like once I joined the crew I found myself talking to Scott, Nate, and Brandon ALOT at tourneys. It really helped establish a comfort zone in the community.

Never Knows?!?!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
tant. are you gonna upload matches from your tournament? Vinnie vs M2K specifically

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Interesting read Tant. I recently disbanded my crew when more than half of the players stopped playing completely.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Never GIMR

I honestly haven't even hooked my wii up yet, and probably won't until friday night or saturday, and i'll get the vids to coney for uploading.

I hope my pinkfresh set was saved, i don't remember hitting the z button, hopefully Marcus did.

Thanks Keitaro- It's hard to have a crew where no one plays, lol. Me and EE are the only super active ones.

Also EE, get luigiking on the front page somewhere, asap.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
uh... the reason I play Brawl

because... when I do something I always want to be really good at it, I just don't like being a bad/okay at it or a loser
the community definitely keep me playing this game, if the community is ****ty then I probably would stop play this game already

but I also love hanging out with people mostly when I'm in tourneys... well everyone already knew that

and I just want to be a really good player without have to spend so much time practicing... <_<

I'm a mk main, but so what.. I pick him as my main when the game came out... .__.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
uh... the reason I play Brawl

because... when I do something I always want to be really good at it, I just don't like being a bad/okay at it or a loser
the community definitely keep me playing this game, if the community is ****ty then I probably would stop play this game already

but I also love hanging out with people mostly when I'm in tourneys... well everyone already knew that

and I just want to be a really good player without have to spend so much time practicing... <_<

I'm a mk main, but so what.. I pick him as my main when the game came out... .__.
o word?

Top Bottom