• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATLUS threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice

Jack Frost would be so much more interesting than Pacman. I wouldn't care if he was a luigified clone to ice climbers sharing a few moves (I only think that because of the Ice. He could be so much more) or even a Lucas Clone (PK Freeze, his size, floatiness) Not Knowing much about him and baseing him off of what I know:
I would give him :icsmelee: dB :lucas:nB He could Jump like ness and Lucas (Floaty)
Let him float like peach. Let his side B be an evoker that shoots Pokeball (to summon stuff like it does in Persona 3)
He obviously would use bufu or Mabufu. Mabufudyne could be his final smash. He makes a giant blizzard that covers most of the screen. When/ If it hits every one the words weak appear over the enemies heads and they are stunned after taking the damage. Jack Frost (and team if in team mode) Do an all out attack. This is just a start for a full moveset. Someone who knows him and the Series could do a lot better than me.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Jack Frost would be so much more interesting than Pacman. I wouldn't care if he was a luigified clone to ice climbers sharing a few moves (I only think that because of the Ice. He could be so much more) or even a Lucas Clone (PK Freeze, his size, floatiness) Not Knowing much about him and baseing him off of what I know:
I would give him :icsmelee: dB :lucas:nB He could Jump like ness and Lucas (Floaty)
Let him float like peach. Let his side B be an evoker that shoots Pokeball (to summon stuff like it does in Persona 3)
He obviously would use bufu or Mabufu. Mabufudyne could be his final smash. He makes a giant blizzard that covers most of the screen. When/ If it hits every one the words weak appear over the enemies heads and they are stunned after taking the damage. Jack Frost (and team if in team mode) Do an all out attack. This is just a start for a full moveset. Someone who knows him and the Series could do a lot better than me.
I'd prefer that his moves are more original then that. His neutral special being him summoning icicles and throwing them forward. His DB could be him freezing the ground and this will cause an opponent to slip and fall. (To balance it, it would need to be a small chunk of the ground and it would also need to only be around for a few seconds)

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
I'd prefer that his moves are more original then that. His neutral special being him summoning icicles and throwing them forward. His DB could be him freezing the ground and this will cause an opponent to slip and fall. (To balance it, it would need to be a small chunk of the ground and it would also need to only be around for a few seconds)

Yeah I wasn't in a very creative mode. The down B could work like Diddy's Bannanas, you could only do it like 2 or 3 times and it is a one use hazard. I am actually hopeing for his inclusion, Sakurai could do alot with him.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah I wasn't in a very creative mode. The down B could work like Diddy's Bannanas, you could only do it like 2 or 3 times and it is a one use hazard. I am actually hopeing for his inclusion, Sakurai could do alot with him.
Sucks that ATLUS isn't exactly a company that is very close to Nintendo. (and not very likely anyway) Even with the crossover. However, i would be ecstatic if we got an ATLUS rep. (I would be very happy with anyone from SMT to be honest)

Also, i should make a moveset for Flynn when i get my copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Sucks that ATLUS isn't exactly a company that is very close to Nintendo. (and not very likely anyway) Even with the crossover. However, i would be ecstatic if we got an ATLUS rep. (I would be very happy with anyone from SMT to be honest)

Also, i should make a moveset for Flynn when i get my copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV.
You should. That's going to be my first Shin Megami game. I've watched a Lp of P3 and the P4 Anime and I love the world, the characters, the story and everything. All we can do is hope and pray for an Atlus Rep. (Maybe DLC when ever that crossover comes out if it comes out after SSB4)

Nado

Smash Cadet
Devil Survivor 2 got an anime produced this year so that might make hibiki the most relevant/known character, even though Jack Frost is the mascot. But his character is basically pokemon trainer with pokemon from hell so I don't know if that will work. Id still say Devil Survivor 2 is the most likely of ATLUS games to get represented, eventhough its not likely that any get represented.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Devil Survivor 2 got an anime produced this year so that might make hibiki the most relevant/known character, even though Jack Frost is the mascot. But his character is basically pokemon trainer with pokemon from hell so I don't know if that will work. Id still say Devil Survivor 2 is the most likely of ATLUS games to get represented, eventhough its not likely that any get represented.
More like just Jack Frost. Out of everyone he is the most likely for reasons.

Nado

Smash Cadet
I was looking into this a little more and apparently Atlus parent company is bankrupt. So apparently there is a chance that Atlus will need to be bought out by a bigger company. Im pretty sure every gaming company would be interested in buying Atlus but in any event will be interesting if Nitendo ends up buying Atlus.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was looking into this a little more and apparently Atlus parent company is bankrupt. So apparently there is a chance that Atlus will need to be bought out by a bigger company. Im pretty sure every gaming company would be interested in buying Atlus but in any event will be interesting if Nitendo ends up buying Atlus.
admittedly, only Namco, Nintendo, and Sony would be interested in ATLUS.

However, it's been revealed that ATLUS is not affected by Index's problems.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Hasn't Atlus been developing for Nintendo since the NES days? Atlus had a thing in the mid 2000s for Sony and some of their more well-known titles have been on there, but they really seem to be catering to Nintendo lately (SMTxFE + discount, SMT4 3DS exclusive). So if Nintendo DOES buy Atlus as either 1st or 2nd party developer, does that mean we can potentially get an Atlus rep without wasting a 3rd party slot? OwO

My money's on Jack Frost, Teddie, or Flynn!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Hasn't Atlus been developing for Nintendo since the NES days? Atlus had a thing in the mid 2000s for Sony and some of their more well-known titles have been on there, but they really seem to be catering to Nintendo lately (SMTxFE + discount, SMT4 3DS exclusive). So if Nintendo DOES buy Atlus as either 1st or 2nd party developer, does that mean we can potentially get an Atlus rep without wasting a 3rd party slot? OwO

My money's on Jack Frost, Teddie, or Flynn!
Your money is on the right choices. Also, yeah it's possible if Nintendo ends up buying ATLUS. But if we do end up getting an ATLUS rep it's more likely that it'll be an assist trophy. For now.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Your money is on the right choices. Also, yeah it's possible if Nintendo ends up buying ATLUS. But if we do end up getting an ATLUS rep it's more likely that it'll be an assist trophy. For now.
I say why the hell not have an Atlus rep already? It would be a huge promotion to bring a respected developer aboard. I don't completely buy into the news that Sakurai has ALL of the roster predetermined already.

The auction is said to take place next week. Maybe Atlus will fill a gap Rare left, assuming it happens. :love:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I say why the hell not have an Atlus rep already? It would be a huge promotion to bring a respected developer aboard. I don't completely buy into the news that Sakurai has ALL of the roster predetermined already.

The auction is said to take place next week. Maybe Atlus will fill a gap Rare left, assuming it happens. :love:
i think Retro filled the gap already. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
i think Retro filled the gap already. :laugh:
While both made super high-quality games and revitalized a franchise (two in Retro's case), I don't think a company that churned out multiple great games a year is really comparable to one that has one every like three years. Honestly Atlus would be closer to Rare than Retro is imo.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
While both made super high-quality games and revitalized a franchise (two in Retro's case), I don't think a company that churned out multiple great games a year is really comparable to one that has one every like three years. Honestly Atlus would be closer to Rare than Retro is imo.
True. But i never really compared them. I do see them as Rare's replacement though. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
True. But i never really compared them. I do see them as Rare's replacement though. :laugh:
Yeah, a lot of people seem to... I guess that's because they're both western studios with a great track record (well, Rare's track record when they were with Nintendo) who brought new life into two dormant franchises... but I think the comparisons end there. For my money Nintendo-era Rare was much better, as they not only managed to reignite DK's video game career but also created multiple great new IPs, which Retro hasn't yet, plus, like I said, they made several games a year. Though they probably had at least double the amount of people that Retro does.

Anyway, I guess this didn't really relate to Atlus... (though who knows what Atlus could do if they were given a Nintendo IP) so I'll stop now. Embarrass

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm still hoping for Jack Frost. The one SMT character i know has a chance of getting in, as an AT, if Nintendo buys ATLUS.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Would they really have time to include anything Atlus?

I wonder if Sakurai would think it would be a bit rash to include Atlus stuff the second Nintendo buys them...(if they buy them)

Still, didn't Sakurai respond during E3 that he would think about including Mewtwo? I thought before E3 that the roster was already finalized....but I guess not.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'll make a moveset for Jack Frost latter. (It's hard to make a Flynn moveset when SMT IV is a monster of a game that murders me horribly every chance it gets) So heres how i see Jack Frost working as an AT.

Jack Frost Assist Trophy:

Jack Frost points to the sky and yells out "Hee-Ho!" This causes multiple icicles to fall down from the sky around him.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
If I were to choose a SMT rep, it'd obviously have to be either Flynn or the original SMT 1 protagonist.
And while I agree that Jack frost is much more likly, I'd rather a protagonist was playable, and then one of his moves would be a summon attack with Jack frost being one of the summons he could use (Think Persona 4 Arena persona moves)

My personal favorite rep would be Demi-Fiend, but since Nocturne wasn't on the Gamecube, I kinda doubt that they'd chose to use him for a Nintendo cross over game (Even if he is appearing in SMT X FE) I'd also be so okay with Strange Joruney's protag as I love the Demonica design.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My personal favorite rep would be Demi-Fiend, but since Nocturne wasn't on the Gamecube, I kinda doubt that they'd chose to use him for a Nintendo cross over game (Even if he is appearing in SMT X FE) I'd also be so okay with Strange Joruney's protag as I love the Demonica design.
True.
As for the Strange Journey Protagonist, he'd be awesome. I would love to see how Snake would react to the guy's armor and magical abilities.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if it has posted here or not, but Nintendo could buy up Atlus.

Long story short: The parent company, Index Corp, was involved in some shady dealings. Their stock was removed from the exchange and they plan to sell of their subsidiaries. Nintendo could be one of the potential buyers given their relationship with the company. All speculation right now.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Not sure if it has posted here or not, but Nintendo could buy up Atlus.

Long story short: The parent company, Index Corp, was involved in some shady dealings. Their stock was removed from the exchange and they plan to sell of their subsidiaries. Nintendo could be one of the potential buyers given their relationship with the company. All speculation right now.
Although this was being referenced, it's good to have this posted here anyway.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think the most likely Atlus representatives would either be Jack Frost, Flynn or maybe one of the devil survivor protagonists.....but it's probably most likely between Flynn and Jack Frost.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Good god....so many people on deviantart don't realize that a Persona character has no chance. Even if Nintendo buys ATLUS.

EDIT: I got a lot of private messages on DeviantArt and most of them were talking to me about Persona and Smash. Not sure why i got the same type of messages from a lot of people...

I'm guessing it's probably because i was a guy leading the support for Yu Narukami/P4 hero to get into PSASBR on the main forum.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well most people know ATLUS for their flagship series Shin Megami Tensei.
That doesn't dispute the fact the Etrian Odyssey doesn't deserve some recognition by Atlus fans. :<

Also if I am not mistaken it is probably their 2nd most succesful game series after SMT now, if not then at the ver least 3rd.

So it deserves some kind of recognitions. :<

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That doesn't dispute the fact the Etrian Odyssey doesn't deserve some recognition by Atlus fans. :<

Also if I am not mistaken it is probably their 2nd most succesful game series after SMT now, if not then at the ver least 3rd.

So it deserves some kind of recognitions. :<
It gets it's fair share of recognition. It's just not a likely choice for Smash. Thats why this thread is mainly about Shin Megami Tensei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom